“I called the Quality Inn at Blue Springs directly to make our reservations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Blue Springs

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Blue Springs
Lindsborg
“I called the Quality Inn at Blue Springs directly to make our reservations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I called the Quality Inn at Blue Springs directly to make our reservations.

Check in wasn't glitch free. The guy didn't run my credit card properly. I'm not sure what he did, but there was two authorizations for the one room. Thankfully, the second one did drop off.

We reserved a king non smoking. Were given a room with two doubles. After going back to the front desk, we were switched to a king, which was conveniently located caddy corner across the halls from the pool. I'll talk about the pool later.

Both rooms were extremely HOT! The AC units were turned off, and it was 106 outside! The room wasn't cool until 6am the next morning. The front desk did find us a fan, which helped.

The refrigerator in our room did not work properly. 60 in the fridge when we arrived. It worked better after the room got cooled off. The front desk said they had no spare fridges.

The bed slept very well. The room was nice and clean. Nice big bathroom. Internet worked well from our room.

The swimming pool left a lot to be desired. The pool is three feet deep, except for about 12 inches of it, which is five feet deep. A kid friendly pool, not really adult friendly. The pool water had to be around 100 degrees, WAY TOO HOT for a swimming pool! The air smelled of chlorine. I suspect the water had several times the required level of chlorine in it.

The breakfast buffet had a nice selection: donuts, muffins, bagels, cereals, bread, waffels, yogurt, eggs, sausage, gravy, milk, apple juice, orange juice, and coffee.

The location of the motel is strange. The rear of the motel faces the street. We found the best way to get in was through the Ibex Gym parking lot, which connects to the Quality parking lot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Don't be fooled by the 4 star rating, our stay on 9/19/13 was one of the worst stays during our 14 day trip. The price was appealing to get you in door and the entrance looked fine upon first appearance. Once in our room, 101, a fine room to send a " Choice Hotel Platinum Member", the noise all night from horns beeping in the parking lot to traffic on the highway, we didn't get much sleep. Why wouldn't you train your people to treat "CH" best customers a little better. The water pressure was bad and the place needs a water softener, so the soap actually washes off when you shower. We did use the clothes washing facilities, between loads my wife was killing large bugs in the laundry room, which by the way WAS RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO OUR GREAT 101 Room! The towels and bed linens were dingy and cheap. The breakfast area looked OK until we looked closely, stale bread and the typical cheap patty eggs, the waffle machine seemed to work OK along with coffee machine. Please Mr. Patel rise the room rate $5.00 per room, train your people, upgrade your linens, make sure your linens are up to Comfort Inn standards and this place might be 3 star! Tx Tim

Stayed September 2013
Noblesville, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

You can tell that they have remodeled, but they also did quick cover work on a lot of the renovation. It didnt have a clean feel to it even though a lot of things in the room are new. The drains didnt clear quickly and there was a lot of dirt in the common area. The hot tub was broken, which is one of the reasons I stayed here. The area is safe. We were disappointed with the stay, but for $50 I would likely stay again if you just need a quick place to stop for the night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Terre Haute, IN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was charged for 3 nights and only stayed for one. Pool and hot tub open till 9pm. The hot tub did not work. The staff was rude. They would cut in front of me at breakfast to fill something up and not say "excuse me". They had trouble with the two gentlemen in front of me with their reservation.

Room Tip: Check your bill when you check out.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Always choose my hotels from Trip Advisor reviews. This time trip was to attend a family wedding and someone else reserved block of rooms. Hotel is definitely a work in progress. Check in was a breeze with a friendly lady. All personnel friendly and helpful. First for the kudos: Attractive new paint, drapes, beds, bedding, toilet, shower curtain, bathroom floor, carpeting. Only odor was slight smell of new paint. Extremely comfortable king size bed. Fantastic, attractive, new recliner. Great TV, frig and micro. New system to scan yourself into room. Indoor pool was small, but clean, warm, and attractive. Hot tub heater was broken during our stay, but hot tub looked clean and inviting. Common areas appeared clean.
Breakfast with both hot and cold offerings was more than adequate in an immaculate room, and I noticed personnel preparing food using gloves. Always a postive. Parking abundant.

And the not so good: room still needed finishing touches, like framing around heat lamp, and bathroom mirror. Cobwebs in one corner and needed a good pull-out-the-furniture sweeping around walls. Hallway was not swept during our 3 night stay.
When hotel is finished and more attention given to housekeeing in rooms, I believe it could be rated excellent.
Other info: Dennys on lot. Walking distance to McDonalds and Applebees, and lots of other choices around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a good basic hotel for an overnight stay or a couple days. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The appearance was nicer than I expected. I did not have any room temperature issues that a previous reviewer commented on, my room was set to a nice 66 degrees which I did not need to change. I normally don't write reviews when I've only stayed at a hotel on one occasion, but I figured I would for this Quality Inn because it's not a bad place to stay and I don't intend on being back (nothing against the hotel - I'm just not normally in this area). I only stayed for one night and I had no problems with my stay.

Oh, one very minor thing. When you dial 0 on the room phone to get to the operator, they don't seem to know what room you are calling from like most hotels do. Okay, two minor things - they don't have a clock in the room (other than the microwave). This doesn't bother me (I use my cell phone) but some people might care.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sedalia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and went to the chiefs game the next day. Its not that far from the Arrow Head Stadium. The room we had looked newly remodeled. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We did have to leave the air conditioner fan on all night you do have the sound from the I70 traffic that you can here some if you stay in the north side rooms. The spa was not heating that night we stayed. Other than that it was a good room for the price.

Room Tip: Good location close to I70 and close to Arrow Head Stadium.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Blue Springs? Share your experiences!