“They got bed bugs but you can't your pets can't stay there??” 1 of 5 stars
Review of American Inn

American Inn
You added American Inn to your Saves list
American Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3300 NW Jefferson, I-70 and Woods Chapel Rd. Exit 18, Blue Springs, MO 64015   |
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Blue Springs
“They got bed bugs but you can't your pets can't stay there??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there one night and got a good night sleep but two days later I started to get these red bumps all over my body so went to the docs and found out it was bed bugs there housekeeping should do a better job

• Stayed June 2013
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We have pest control at all of our hotels on a regular basis as any hotel should do. The situation you described concerning bed bugs is unfortunate and I apologize for your experience. This issue is at an epidemic proportions throughout the world! Our hotel is no different from any other one when it comes to tis issue. We all have to fight it and we do so by owning our equipment that costs thousands of dollars to make sure we have this under control. We treat our rooms but can not control when other people that are traveling actually bring them from other hotels, planes, trains and even their own homes!
I assure you housekeeping does clean up after each check out. They are very thorough in the room inspections.
I will end by saying that our Team has to manage the full capacity of our hotel on a daily basis. Our hotel is usually 88% occupied and the National average is 62-64%!
Again, I apologize for your experience.

Carol M Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Blue Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stay here when I come through town, and I have noticed much improvement in Management outlook and style. Attitude is much better over all. I like staying here. It appears they realize that the customer is where their money comes from, and the customer should be treated with great respect, especially us old-timers…as well as new customers. Reputation travels fast.

The Service Personnel who keep the facility clean are nice and cordial. The facility is cleaner inside and out than I have seen it in the past. The House-Keeping staff are very good and accommodating--always helpful. Desk Personnel are always helpful for me. There has been a marked improvement in attitude in this area.

I have seen improvement in most everything. There needs to be a little more work done structurally on the facilities itself, as there is some slight to moderate deterioration. There is a Security Staff person on-site on the nights that I stay-very comforting.

I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through or staying a few days.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello Melvin...

Thank you Sir for your very informative review! I appreciate the time you spent with your attention to detail concerning our facility and Staff at our Blue Springs American Inn. We try to make our Guests feel comfortable while visiting the area.
I can tell from your review that you have stayed with us many times and hope you will continue to stop for the night or even a few days! Hopefully we will be making improvements soon surrounding the areas that you mentioned. As before, you can then see additional improvements the next time you stay with us!
We thank you for making the American Inn Blue Springs your choice for lodging!

Carol M- Sales and Marketing Director
Blue Springs, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a disgusting hotel where meth is often cooked in the rooms! Most of the guests staying there are live ins who don't work and are losers. Walk in the lobby and its obvious! Don't waste your money!

• Stayed May 2013
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are so sorry you feel the way you do....

It is quite obvious that you do not like our American Inn Hotel in Blue Springs MO. It is sad to see comments such as yours and yet our hotel is "Home" to so many wonderful people and you have actually insulted them by summing up the entire place with your remarks.
We have guests stay with us that up until the slide in the economy had wonderful homes that were lost along with the job they may have held for decades! Without us they would have no where to call HOME. They are NOT Losers... they all have dignity and are trying to rebuild their lives!
Also, our brave Veterans that fought for your Freedom stay with us. They are not "crack heads"... they are honorable citizens that fought to protect our Country! Several of these wonderful people have made us their Home. Many have suffered life long injuries to defend America! So when you say the things that you did, it reflects on them...so please be respectful.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have been a traveling Nurse for many years and always pay for my own expenses so I look for value. I was able to locate this this hotel on my GPS and booked it on my Iphone . The desk clerk on duty, I believe her name was Yesinia, was very helpful in getting my reservation set up. When I arrived it was very late and I was very tired and she was still on duty. She made me feel welcomed and set me up with a room really close to the front so I didn't have to go very far with my luggage! Great Service and Great Price!
My room was very spacious and had two beds, a microwave and a mini-fridge. Very clean and the beds were comfortable. Finally a good nights rest and on a budget! I was able to stay for a few days while I saw my patients and feel as though I had found an affordable place to come back to when I am in the KC are again.
I am amazed at the horrible reviews I read while posting mine. Take it from me weary travelers...you can't go wrong staying here...It is not the four star hotel but it is American owned and operated from what I could see and for me that is important. My safety was not compromised because there was always someone at the front desk upon my arrival 24/7 no matter what time I came in from seeing patients I had a smiling face to say hi to me as I went to my room!
Thank You for keeping your prices down so us hard working people will be able to afford a good nights rest on a budget!
I will be back and hopefully soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank You! I appreciate the time you took to give your review for our Blue Springs location. We try so hard to make everyone feel the way you did while being our guest! We always want our guests to feel comfortable, safe and get a great nights rest when they need it!

It is so nice that you mentioned our Front Desk Clerk, Yessenia and acknowledged the service she gave you. We strive to provide service with a friendly face behind the desk in Blue Springs and with all areas of our hotel from Housekeeping to Maintenance.

I hope as you travel that you will come see us again at our Blue Springs location! If you travel into the Denver, Colorado area or the Omaha, Nebraska area, please look us up there as well!

Again, thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel and our Staff!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

My family had stay here for a few months why we where looking for a perminate place to to live. The night person and day person at the front desk are very rude. Most of the staff besides one person at front desk and one of the house keepers are rude. Came up last wk had stay here cuz it was the night before the snow storm and stayed a few days and whoever plows the lot does a crappy job. They did a small path just wide enough for a vehicle to go down and pushed alot of it behind vehicles. The carpets r nasty they don't look like they have been done since they got put down. Move any of the furniture there dust bunnies and roaches galore

• Stayed January 2013
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We want to comment on your review. It is unfortunate that your experience appears to have been an unpleasant one. We do have over 400 guests stay with us on a monthly average and are very happy with our staff. The repeat guests that we have keep our hotel at 80% occupancy and the National average is around 62% which says alot for our Hotel.
We shampoo our carpets as our monthly guests leave and on a regular basis throughout the hotel. It is possible your room became dirty after a prolong stay.
We have pest control at all of our hotels on a regular basis as any hotel should do. That would explain any "remains" to occur but I assure you housekeeping does clean up after each check out.
It has been an incredible snow here and it is not uncommon that the path created by a snow plow could only allow one car at a time to pass. Snow does pile up and that is unavoidable. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
I will end by saying that our Team has to manage the full capacity of our hotel on a daily basis. The majority of our guests are happy and thankful for an affordable place To Call Home in times of crisis. It is Our Teams' responsibility to make sure they treat everyone there with respect.
I am sorry you feel you were treated unfairly.

Carol M
greenwood mo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

no good people pay 550.00 a month to stay here drug dealers this is a very unsafe place do not stay here ,you dont want your kids around the stuff that goes on here , no refund allowed even when people bang on door in the middle of the night this is not a safe place do not stay here rude staff drugs drugs and more drugs

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
In response to your comments I would like to offer our apology for you being disrupted in the middle of the night by someone knocking on your door. We have Security 24/7 and patrol each of our buildings to curtail any unwanted activity on the premises.
We do not knowingly allow drug activity on our property and have complete cooperation with the law enforcement of Blue Springs, MO to remove anyone that we feel could be suspected of unlawful activity.
Our Management Team has been recognized for their excellent service and I apologize for anything that gave you a bad experience while you were there.

Carol M
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I will never stay at American Inn again! The desk clerks were nice, which is about the ONLY nice thing I can say. We had ants in our room! The pool area hadn't been cleaned in a while, you could tell. We were SOOO not impressed!

• Stayed July 2012
I want to thank you for your compliment about our Desk Clerks. I also want to apologize to you for the situation with ants in your room. This area had problems during the summer since the winter was so mild. We have our rooms treated on a regular basis to prevent problems such as this. Because of the Fourth of July Holiday the pool really took a beating! It is virtually impossible to keep an abundance of chemicals in a pool on a Holiday which is the time you were there. We clean our pool and treat with the proper chemicals during the night after 10:00 and check the levels first thing in the morning.
Again, please accept our apology for your unhappy stay with us.

Been to American Inn? Share your experiences!