I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and the 30% off sale La Quinta was having. I am normally a big fan of this hotel chain as they are typically a safe bet. I like to be able to count on a good stay however this one was disappointing (the faded fake flowers stuck in the pots outside the main entrance should have been a clue). When we arrived and I went in to check in, there was a sign on the front desk that the attendant was in the breakfast area. No problem. However when she came back to help (there was gentleman that arrived just prior to me) she asked if we were checking in which we both confirmed and she told us she had to finish making the coffee and would be back to help us. Not sure why it was that important to make coffee at 6pm... She did return after a few minutes and check in went quickly. The room was a good size with the coffee maker and refrigerator as stated on the website. We were put on the 3rd floor, room 305. I was concerned as located at the other end of the hall were the smoking rooms, but we didn't experience any smoke odor. The bed was comfortable, that is always important! Now the downside of the room. The tv and reception were terrible as we watched a football game. I made the mistake of taking off my shoes and going barefoot. I discovered my feet were really dirty from the carpet when I stepped in the shower. And speaking of the shower, I almost fell when I stepped in because it was so slick and nothing to give me any traction. Putting on my makeup in the poor lighting in the bathroom was really a challenge, but the worst thing was the toilet. The flapper did not close properly and leaked so much out of the tank that it had to refill every minute or so. I finally had to close the bathroom door to block out the sound so we could get some sleep. Twice, I had to take the tank lid off and push the flapper down so that it would fill enough to stop it from continually flushing. We were there for only one night and I didn't want to have to deal with trying to get someone to fix the problem and disrupt our evening even more. We come to KC often to visit family but we won't be staying at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off I-70 in Blue Springs, this three-story hotel is 16 miles from downtown Kansas City and Worlds of Fun. All standard rooms, accessible via interior corridors, offer free local calls, premium cable channels, and coffeemakers. Guest laundry facilities, free self parking, and a 24-hour front desk are among the amenities offered. Room service (limited hours). Event catering. Exhibit space. 24-hour front desk. Laundry facilities. Dry cleaning service. Coffee/Microwave in lobby. Elevator/lift. Air-conditioned public areas. Wedding services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, LaQuinta, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites - Blue Springs
- La Quinta Inn & Suites - Blue Springs Hotel Blue Springs
- Interstate Inn