“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Blue Springs
Rogers, Arkansas
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and the 30% off sale La Quinta was having. I am normally a big fan of this hotel chain as they are typically a safe bet. I like to be able to count on a good stay however this one was disappointing (the faded fake flowers stuck in the pots outside the main entrance should have been a clue). When we arrived and I went in to check in, there was a sign on the front desk that the attendant was in the breakfast area. No problem. However when she came back to help (there was gentleman that arrived just prior to me) she asked if we were checking in which we both confirmed and she told us she had to finish making the coffee and would be back to help us. Not sure why it was that important to make coffee at 6pm... She did return after a few minutes and check in went quickly. The room was a good size with the coffee maker and refrigerator as stated on the website. We were put on the 3rd floor, room 305. I was concerned as located at the other end of the hall were the smoking rooms, but we didn't experience any smoke odor. The bed was comfortable, that is always important! Now the downside of the room. The tv and reception were terrible as we watched a football game. I made the mistake of taking off my shoes and going barefoot. I discovered my feet were really dirty from the carpet when I stepped in the shower. And speaking of the shower, I almost fell when I stepped in because it was so slick and nothing to give me any traction. Putting on my makeup in the poor lighting in the bathroom was really a challenge, but the worst thing was the toilet. The flapper did not close properly and leaked so much out of the tank that it had to refill every minute or so. I finally had to close the bathroom door to block out the sound so we could get some sleep. Twice, I had to take the tank lid off and push the flapper down so that it would fill enough to stop it from continually flushing. We were there for only one night and I didn't want to have to deal with trying to get someone to fix the problem and disrupt our evening even more. We come to KC often to visit family but we won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Quiet, restful sleep between days of travel. Away from the rush hour on the east end of Kansas City. Clean rooms, polite staff, excellent shower. First hotel off I-70, yet set that extra block away to keep the noise out of mind. Fair price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lesa M, Hotel Director at La Quinta Inn & Suites Blue Springs, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear A_CalmTraveler,

Thank you for taking your time in posting this review. We're always pleased when our guests take the time in doing so and especially when they are satisfied with their stay at our property.

We want our guests to feel comfortable, at home and to know that we are "Here For You."

We look forward to you visiting us again soon and please let me know if I may be of assistance during your next visit.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Colorado Springs. Very nice hotel. Clean room and bathroom. Breakfast was good and had a nice variety. The bed was much firmer than we prefer and therefore a little uncomfortable, but the pillows were wonderful. Overall, a good night's stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lillibet64,

Thank you for taking the time in writing this review and we're happy to know that you had a good stay.
I do wish that the mattress had been more comfortable for your liking. It is difficult at times to know which way our guests will go on certain things like this.
We are pleased to know though, that your pillows were comfortable, your room & bathroom were clean and that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast.
We look forward to your next visit and again thank you so much for staying with us in Blue Springs, MO. and allowing us the opportunity to take care of your lodging needs while so far away from home.

Please let me know if I can assist during your next visit to our property and we hope that you will be visiting us again soon.

My business cards are always on the front desk for your convenience.

816-988-9981
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here on points in last June 2013. Very nice front desk staff. Breakfast was typical La Quinta and was fine. The bathroom and room was clean and fine. Beds were comfortable. Easy access to I70. We'll definitely stay here again if we need a room on the long road to Colorado.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear rpaulm,

We're happy that you chose to stay with us at our Blue Springs, MO location and we're also pleased to know that you took advantage of your points from your Returns membership for your stay.

I do want to also thank you for posting your review and sharing your experience.

Please always feel free to contact me during your time you spend with us, if I may be of assistance in any way.

We look forward to your next visit.

Blue Springs, MO
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while moving across the country with my two labradors and it was fantastic. It's difficult to find a place to stay with two large dogs but the hotel desk clerk made us feel very welcome. They also had a large plot of grass out front to walk the dogs. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. I really appreciated the modern bathrooms- no mold in the grout around the shower tiles, and no stray hairs in the shower. It was also surprisingly quiet for being right off the interstate. This was one of the nicest La Quinta's I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kensley B,

Wow! Thank you so much for this great review and yes we're always here to welcome our guests and their pets.
I understand how difficult it is to find Hotels that will allow your pets to stay with you, but we're pleased to know that La Quinta brand is a pet friendly Hotel and they are always welcome.

Very nice of you to post such a great review and our staff thanks you for taking the time in doing so.

We hope to see you and your little friends again very soon!

Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Typically stay at La Quinta Inns when traveling with our small dog as they welcome pets. This property was a little rough around the edges and in need of a good cleaning. All of the public areas were quite worn and tired. The pool is outdoors and not too tidy either. There was a smoke detector in the lobby that was beeping upon our arrival, and still beeping the next morning during breakfast. Shouldn't be that hard to replace a battery.

Our room itself was adequate with granite countertops, a clean bathroom and soft comfy beds. LaQuinta typically has soft, clean sheets and this property was no exception. It was a decent place to get a good nights sleep as we were travelling across the country.

Room Tip: This hotel is right next to the interstate, but our room on the east side of the building was quiet...