“My New Spot on Table Rock Lake” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Happy Hollow Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blue Eye
Happy Hollow Resort
You added Happy Hollow Resort to your Saves list
248 Hammock Way, Blue Eye, MO 65611   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blue Eye
Canyon Lake, Texas
“My New Spot on Table Rock Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

My family visited Happy Hollow in June of this year. We were in the area for a wedding and was not really in "vacation" mode, I figured I would be working on the road, and maybe just visit some family.

That all changed when we got to Happy Hollow! I could not help but feel like I was on vacation. My entire family began to relax and we actually stayed in the area longer than expected to finish our unexpected vacation at Happy Hollow Resort.

My kids loved the pool, lake, badminton, shuffleboard, and many other activities they had available. There is a family environment at Happy Hollow, so my wife and I did not have to follow the kids around the entire time saying, "Don't touch this, don't touch that." We were able to sit back and relax.

I did not get much work there because sitting on the back porch of the cabin you can't help but sit and wonder at the beauty of Table Rock Lake and the Ozark Mountains surrounding you. We were also not just nameless "guests". The owners, Ed and Linda, are very personable and would come around every now and then to make sure we were having a good time and sometimes just to chat.

Table Rock Lake is located close to Branson, which I know is a huge tourist attraction, but I am not a big fan of staying in the middle of a tourist attraction. Happy Hollow resort was a 15-20 minute drive from Branson, so we were easily able to drive in and take in some of the attractions, have some great food and fun, then return to our little relaxing cabin away from the traffic and large crowds.

I suggest Happy Hollow to any family looking for R&R! I guess I should also mention that the cabin and all of the accommodation were immaculate. I say it as an afterthought because we did not spend much time in the cabin at all. Do not be surprised if you visit Happy Hollow and never end up seeing other attractions or getting out much. You may find yourself, like we did, just sitting on the back porch and getting lost in your relaxation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Arnold, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and I took our family on a trip to the lake and stayed at Happy Hollow. I was instantly impressed by how well taken care of we were. Check-in was quick and smooth, and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The cabin we stayed in was more spacious than I had imagined, and it had everything we needed to cook our meals - including a small dining table & chairs. It was also VERY clean. We have 2 young boys, and there was plenty of stuff to do with them - games & movies to check out of the office, a nice playground, swimming pool, paddle boat, and of course jumping in the lake! Although we didn't use it much, we appreciated the nice flat screen TV, satalite, and WiFi in the room. We can't wait to go back again, and next time we're bringing our friends!

Webster Groves, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This was my second visit to Happy Hollow. The new management has made alot of changes - all for the better. New TV's, Wi-Fi, linens, and decor. The new owners are really friendly and even showed me some plans for the new pool. I think it will be awesome - much better for small kids. The cabins are cute and could not be cleaner. I met most of the staff and they are all extremely nice and helpful. The view is great and it's just a few steps from the back porch to the lake. I'll be back!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My family went to Happy Hollow for the first time in July 2011. We had a great time! The room was clean, comfortable, had an amazing view of the lake. There were new linens and a new TV. The grounds were very clean and well taken care of even though the water had just gone down from the flooding. The boat dock was clean and easy to get in and out of and the kids jumped off the end of it for hours. The owners were very friendly and really made sure we were taken care of. They had a little fireworks show and a bonfire with smores for evryone. Overall it was a relaxing week and a great family vacation. We will be back next year for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011 via mobile

What a great place! This was our first visit to Happy Hollow, but will definitely not be our last. It was very clean. Not a fancy place, but a very clean cabin. It had everything we needed. The view of the lake couldn't have been any better. The owners were very friendly and very accommodating. A big plus for us was having a boat stall. We own a vacation home at a lake in Arkansas, but wanted to try something different. We are so glad we did! Even if you don't have boat access to the lake thus is a great place. You can swim in the pool, or in the lake off of the swim deck. They even had a paddle boat. Also a playground for children. The office was also equipped with plenty of games and movies. We had an awesome time!

• Stayed August 2011
Lincoln
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The resort is under new ownership and there are new policies in place that had an adverse affect on our vacation. The new owners are from California and seem like nice people, but have a lot to learn about the customer service side of the business. The rates are increasing for 2012. The pool was damaged with the summer flood, so a new pool will be installed. It won't have a diving board or slide, just like every other resort around the lake, likely due to insurance costs. The time we spent in the pool revolved around the diving board and deep end, both of which will be gone. The resort cabins and grounds are all still nice and clean, but it takes a lot of work to keep it that way. Time will tell if the new owners are up to the task. It's likely we will never return to Happy Hollow, as well as either of our friends families, each of whom had been going there for the last 8 years and 5 years in a row. In 1 week 3 loyal customers were lost.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

What a great place! What a great view of the lake! I loved that we could take our dogs with us on vacation. Room was very clean. Awesome layout of the grounds/resort. Good prices. Decorations could be updated a little, but actually fit in with the whole lake/cabin idea. Would highly recommend!

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Happy Hollow Resort? Share your experiences!