“Super 8 Review” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Bethany to your Saves list
Super 8 Bethany
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   811 South 38th Street, I-35 Ex 92, Bethany, MO 64424   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bethany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Was driving on the road and was at the point I really had to stop - and it was Bethany. That said, some limited options at my stopping point.

Overall, the place works for a single guy traveling alone. When I inquired, they only had smoking rooms left. I'm a non-smoker and prefer non-smoking, but I asked to check the room first and the lady at the desk was fine with offering a key. The room didn't really have much of a smoky smell, so I took it.

Very basic as you would expect a Super 8, but generally clean enough. Old television, but with cable. I'm not a fan of the "bedspread", but again it is a Super 8 and the room matches the price.

Internet worked well, and that is a biggie for me. I was pleased with my connection.

Breakfast was pretty dreadful...the food wasn't bad or spoiled, but nothing more than packaged roll, one or two cereals, juice out of a machine and very basic coffee. I realize the brand and the price, but hopefully ownership can bring something more substantial into the breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Upon check-in, cigarette smoke was extremely overpowering. When we went to look at our room, we opened the door to a dirty room! When we went back to the front desk, the woman spent more time trying to figure out why the room wasn't clean and who she could blame. Who cares? We just wanted what we paid for. This hotel came recommended but I can honestly say we will NEVER stay here again. I would rather pay a little more or drive a little further just to not stay here. My husband had to fix the window because it was not shut properly and the screen was out of place. There were bugs crawling on the floor in the bathroom. There were only enough towels in the pool area for 2 of 3 family members. The people after us were out of luck. Didn't appear that anyone was overseeing the pool area or they would've known about the towel situation. My husband closed the opened door to the pool to force guests to use their room keys to access the area. Who leaves doors open to a pool area when children are around? Parents should watch their kids but an open door to a restricted area is a recipe for disaster. I couldn't get out of this place fast enough the next morning. Yes, this hotel had everything an individual would need for a night's stay, but if you're looking for comfort or some type of upscale amenity, you won't find it here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
super8mo, General Manager at Super 8 Bethany, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We apologize thatt your experience was anything less than satisfying.The property has addressed the desk clerk and also reported window/screen issues to maintenance.Again,we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
South Elgin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stay at super 8 hotels all over the country, and I know some properties are hit and miss. However, this property is the first to land on my newly created blacklist. There was a live cockroach in the middle of the bathroom. The red carpet was dirty and had numerous burns. There was either dirt or evidence of bed bugs on the end of the mattress. If it had not been 1 a.m. when I checked in, I would have gone to another hotel. When I informed the manager of the room status the next morning, she said, "Oh I have a nice day."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8mo, General Manager at Super 8 Bethany, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your guest response,we apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve. We are a very busy facility and can assure you we don't have pesticides that you described.Again,I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Been to Super 8 Bethany? Share your experiences!