“OK if you like smoke” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

You added Drury Inn St. Louis Airport to your Saves list
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10490 Natural Bridge Road, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Ga
“OK if you like smoke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful. The daily breakfast and reception are excellent. The courtesy airport shuttle is very prompt and convenient. The efficiency styled rooms are generously sized and well laid out for a business traveler if you can overcome the persistent, permeating odor of stale smoke. It is hard to tell which is worse, the stench or the chemicals they use to try to mask it.

Room Tip: Even the non-smoking rooms have been used by smokers and nothing removes the stench from all of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for posting about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern with the smell of smoke in certain areas during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved. Your comments will help us address the issue you brought to our attention so we can improve our service.
We are here to serve you as our guest, truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Again, thank you,

Jesse R. Robinson I
Assistant General Manager
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I did enjoy my stay at this location. It was close to everywhere I needed to go. A very nice atmosphere. The breakfast and evening food was really good. My first experienc of the 5:30p kickback food...but very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
South Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I checked in late, all I wanted was a shower and to sleep in a room with heat. Let me preface my review with my accounting of the prior few days so you can fully understand my review. After arriving from Minneapolis in St. Louis and barely getting ahead of a blizzard that dropped a substantial amount of snow on us, we drove like crazy to my friend's house to beat the worst of the snow for my "vacation" in Columbia. The problem was, the icy snow cut off power the entire duration of my visit. We froze, had no hot water for showers or any way to heat food. The straw that broke the camel's back was the unexpected passing away of my friend's father (he was only 59) and since I was due to fly home the following day very late in the evening, we elected to pay the $50 fine for changing flights and I chose instead to take the 6am flight home so my friend could leave right away to help his mother. We were also traveling with a very well behaved, non-barking Australian Shepherd. I have worked for a very large hotel for almost 4 years now, and while I could have saved a substantial amount of money to stay with with my brand, they did not accept pets. So, we chose the Drury due to its close proximity to the airport and my friend's prior positive experiences at this hotel. Check in (around 7-8pm on 2/27) was efficient and the guest services professional was very courteous and helpful. We settled in, showered (which felt like absolute HEAVEN) in a CLEAN bathroom with plenty of towels. We each slept in a queen sized bed with the dog taking turns deciding which of us was the best companion to sleep next to. They use the triple sheeting method there so neither I, nor the dog touched anything other than the sheet under or above the cocooned blanket between them. I took the dog out a couple times in the middle of the night, out a side entrance sort of by the pool and felt completely safe and secure in that area. Thanks so much Drury Inn for providing us with a pet-friendly, reasonably priced, clean and very nice property. It was like returning from a roughing -it trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, minus the northerns on your line! I would definitely stay there again and recommend friends to do so as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights in January 2013 for work. I must say, I had never heard of Drury Hotels so I was a bit weary when my travel agent booked this. But, it is a fine hotel. Nothing to write home about. The breakfast in the morning was OK. But it's free so you get what you pay for so to speak. They have a continental breakfast that starts at around 5am, then the full breakfast at 630 or so. I had both. The room itself was ok. Bathroom has a weird setup but I didn't mind too much. It's very close to the airport which worked for me since that's where I was working. Beware though: It's a "Parking Spot" shuttle bus that takes you to the hotel and there is only a small sign on the back of it that shows it's for Drury Inn airport hotel. Overall, I would stay again if I had to go back to St Louis.

Room Tip: Not that it was loud, but there is a center "courtyard" if you will when you walk in the l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brookston, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked 2 night stay at this Drury Inn because of price. We usually stay at the Drury Inn Union Station when coming to St. Louis but wanted something less expense for this impromptu family weekend. The Drury Inn at the St. Louis airport was nice. The staff was very friendly. Shae checked us in and remember my daughter Sarah's name and would great her every time she saw her that was very nice. The room was clean. We had a slight view of the airport which my daughter loved watching the planes come and go. Could barely hear the planes come and go. A little drive into the city but would definitely stay there again if our usual hotel in the city is full. We love Drury Inn because they have great facilities and the hot breakfast ( Cereal, oatmeal, donuts, waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes sausage and biscuits) are always great. The kick-back dinner is really nice as well (Nachos, baked potato, soup, hot dog, pasta station, pop, alcohol beverages and popcorn) is always a great thing for us. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013
Casa Grande, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Drury Inn St. Louis airport, natural Bridge Road. This was the first time I tried this hotel chain. I have to say that Jenny (the woman at the front desk) was personable & professional upon our arrival and check it. When we got to our room there was no smell and it was quite clean. The staff had also told us of fun things to do in the area which was good to know as we were only there for one night. And the idea of a kickback (happy hour) was interesting. The lobby and seating areas were clean and attractive. As my travels take me around I will surely look into staying at a Drury Inn in other cities. We would like to say thank you to your staff. I truly have no complaints about this place, we surely will be back.

Room Tip: No real tip, just a nice place to stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cape Girardeau
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed one night while on business. Rooms were typical. Beds were comfortable. I was on the airport side, but room was mostly quiet. I heard plane traffic a couple of times, but it did not bother me or wake me up. Appreciated the free parking, something you don't always find in Saint Louis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Drury Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!