“Impressed by a dress” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Minot, North Dakota, United States
“Impressed by a dress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My daughters and I were staying at this establishment for a Nationals pageant produced by Dream Girls USA. During our stay we had a first day housekeeper come into our room and leave a bottle of cleaner on the counter while grabbing other items for freshening up our room during our stay. Our five year old has used similar bottles in the past to spritz our dresses to eliminate static had a horrifying ordeal. It was her best intentions to spray the dress as we would, however the bottle she grabbed was not of our own belongings but of that of the house keepers. It caused the color of the dress to bleed. I called back home and immediately was redirected to treat the dress right away. In doing so, it saved the dress for the most part.

When I had reported to the MOD I was amazed by the response that Mr. Alex Cass had given me. He did not give me excuses or lay blame to us. He owned the responsibility of his staff and was determined to make it right as quickly as possible. Mr. Cass demonstrated excellent managerial skills and handle it so professionally that I forgot about the incident and was able to remarkable enjoy my stay. Mr. Cass made sure that my Five year old had no fault and that her feelings were not hurt, that the fault was there's and there's alone.

I would personally and professionally like to congratulate Mr. Cass for the service that my family and I felt we received that was above and beyond our expectations. The staff at this establishment were so personal, that they took the time to get to know us including memorizing our names. James greeted myself every morning with an enthusiastic smile that would make the worst morning melt and away and he always had my favorite ice coffee ready to go for me promptly upon my arrival. After a day of shopping or swimming in one of the hotels many inviting pools, my daughters and I would dress for supper to be greeted by an amazing serving Mr. Glenn who treated my girls like gold and customers, not children of the payee. He served them with the utmost respect and they LOVED it. He knew their favorites by the second night.

A girls dress says who she is, but I must say that because of the dress I feel honored as a Social Service Public Relations Officer that I was blessed and impressed by a dress and my family and I left this amazing establishment wearing a smile on our face and meet some truly outstanding, exceptional individuals.

James & Mr. Glenn were fabulous!!! I appreciate how they went out of their way to treat my children as individuals. For those who attend, please request for their presence as you will not be disappointed.

As for Mr. Cass a huge thank you to him for his professionalism and outstanding determination of diligence in a delicate situation. His actions surpassed most hotels who would lay blame to the guest. He is truly award winning material in my professional opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!!! We are delighted to read your comments and will be sure to share your story with the entire team.
Above all, we appreciate your understanding of the situation and value your business as we look to have Dream Girls return next year when our renovation will be complete.

Thank you again for the kind comments.
314-253-5155

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Washington, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This motel was nice. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. The motel is also very near the airport which is handy if catching an early flight.
A few things to be aware of are that being close to the airport it can be noisy but I did not find it overly so. Parking has a fee as does internet access, two charges that are frequently added for more expensive motels but usually free in medium priced motels. Breakfast is not free and was a little awkward. You have to wait to be seated and for a bill. The breakfast is good but I prefer a free buffet style since it is quicker and more convenient when traveling.
I rated this motel as 4 stars because it is about what you would expect for this style of motel, nice, clean, good staff. If you want parking, internet, breakfast, snacks from the shop or ??? you will be charged so the actual lodging cost may be higher than quoted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the 4 Star Review. We are glad to hear your experience with us was a good one. Please visit us again soon as we would love to deliver a 5 Star experience next time.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Spacious rooms, clean hotel, great staff, comfortable bed. What else can you ask for. Lobby going through a renovation but aside from that, everything else was great.
The majority of the rooms have a pool view.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4 Star Review!! We are very happy to hear we delivered the experience you desire. We hope to see you again soon!!! Please call me directly if I can serve you in any way.

314-253-5155 Direct
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This property is undergoing renovation of some rooms and the lobby area. I knew that before I made my reservation but the proximity to the airport and to my workplace was an overriding factor in choosing it. The room construction did not negatively affect my stay but it did one of my colleagues who told me that construction noise started at 6AM. The restaurant occupies part of the lobby and is in close proximity to a construction area that is separated only by tarps. Even so I was surprised that the restaurant was almost always full. I did not find it appealing and there are several good restaurants nearby.

My room was very small and in the tower where the construction was taking place. Even so it was quiet. On two days the housekeepers failed to replenish the coffee service even though on one of the two days they removed the used coffee filter from the coffee maker which should have been a clear indication that it had been used. The first day I chased down a housekeeping cart in the hallway and asked for coffee. The second day I called the front desk and asked that the coffee be serviced. It was, but no cups were included. Towels were not exchanged one for one.

Several of my previous reviews of Marriott properties have centered on the shortcomings of the housekeeping staff. It is amazing to me that a process such as cleaning and servicing a room doesn’t follow a checklist to ensure that all standard steps are included EACH AND EVERY day.

The concierge lounge is located in the newer tower and was adequate although the snacks were limited and not very good.

Having recently re-achieved Gold status I am reluctant to change to Hilton. Still, I don’t think that Marriott is earning my loyalty.

Room Tip: Inquire about the status of the construction and ask for the tower in which the concierge lounge is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our renovation is quite extensive and is within weeks of completion and will surely provide all the modern conveniences you have come to expect.
Our housekeeping team is aware of your issues and we have trained appropriately.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon and restore your faith in us. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit and I will personally ensure an error free stay.

Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

This is our third year to stay at this hotel over the week of July 4. All employees went out of their way (with the exception of one desk clerk that soon to be having a very bad week) To make sure that our Stay was excellent! I was greeted by name by each and everyone of the staff and the Bellman, Jerry, was an Absolutely wonderful Ambassador of the Marriott standard service. Even though the hotel is undergoing extensive renovations, the staff is everything possible to accommodate the guests In spite of all of the work zones. Our room was extremely clean, comfortable, and pleasant in all aspects. Look forward to returning next year.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!! Your comments about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel makes us very happy.
We can't wait to serve you again soon. Please contact me directly prior to your next visit if I can assist in any way.

314-253-5155
Newburgh, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, good amenities, and a wonderful comfortable bed and linens. Excellent experience even with the renovations going on. Pool was inconveniently located but nothing that would affect me coming back. Good service, quiet room. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star Review!!! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to serving you again soon. Gladly note, we will complete our lobby renovation within the next four weeks which will provide much easier pool access.

Thank you for taking the time to review us!!

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

CAVEAT: Lobby under heavy construction.

Old hotel no doubt gussied up many times. Room was recently furnished w/ comfy bed, of average size, small bathroom but nice shower. Locale convenient for airport users (shuttle), but not for Cards games-20 to 30' to downtown. The double pool oasis essentially saved this hotel stay for me. Large outdoor courtyard pool w/ plenty of lounge space, adjacent to sunken in/outdoor pool incl large indoor hot tub. I wish I'd had more time to utilize it. The pool lady was also very sweet and attentive. She, however, was the only bright spot in the Marriott service this recent wknd. While trying to check in at a late hour w/ late-arriving flyers & other baseball fans, my mother & I (2 rooms) waited a bit over 10.' After checking Mom in, the clerk (actually the night manager?) informed me that I'd have to get back in another line as there was someone already waiting on him. Another 5-10' wait & a touch of hypertension later, I finally was checked into my room. This snub was compounded the next day when I failed to receive any cleaning service, despite 2 long absences AND 2 calls requesting same. Did get a cheap rate on Priceline bid so I can't complain about the value. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the service issues you experienced. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your stay. Please reach out to me at your convienence. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheryl Prenger
Director of Rooms

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!