“Convenience to the Airport the Main Feature” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Port Orange, Florida
“Convenience to the Airport the Main Feature”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Average property for Marriott, with convenience to the St. Louis Airport being the main advantage. Parking on the grounds but kind of a hassle - ticket in/out and not well laid out. (Save $s take the shuttle and then and get rental car after your stay if you arrive late.) Good food in the bar and the kitchen stays open until 11pm I think it was, which was nice again for a night flight coming in. Room fine and was quiet for an airport location. Older hotel, everything dated, not many modern features.

Room Tip: long halls, stay near the elevators!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as we review all comments with our staff and use them as training tools to improve our service execution.

You will be happy to know, we are about to begin a $15 million renovation in February that will provide the hotel with many modern conveniences.

If I can assist you in any way prior to your next visit, please contact me directly,

314-253-5155

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The parking as a little annoying (ticket in and out with a high per hour fee). Turns out if you hold on to your key you can get out of parking for free, but this isnt made clear.

The food from the onsite restraunt is decent enough and reasonably priced.

The hotel is very old and needs updates. Decor is very dated, and there should be more elevators. You may have to walk for a while to your room. No flat screen TVs. The rooms in general are way to small... not sure what they will ever be able to do about that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are looking forward to a $15 million dollar renovation beginning the 1st quarter of next year which will give us a much needed face lift. I apologize that we were not clear with parking instructions. We appreciate this feedback so that we can use this as a training opportunity with our staff. If there is ever anything I can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Director of Rooms
Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice hotel , the beds were nice,but should be Queen. The staff was friendly. My kids liked the pool. No water pressure,small bathroom. Very close to the airport. The only problem we had was the ice machine was out. Had to go up a floor or down a floor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit to our hotel. We truly value the feedback and use the information as training tools for our staff. We will surely celebrate the kind comments you made about the team and research the ice machine issue.
We are already looking forward to your return. Prior to your next visit, please contact me directly if I can serve you in any way.

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am not impressed with this Marriott - it does not meet the standards of the average marriott. The beds were bad, the carpets old, and 50% of the elevators in one tower weren't working the entire time, and I got stuck in the other one when it failed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We appreciate your feedback about the hotel. We depend on our customers to provide feedback to continually improve and refine our service & accomodations. We are looking forward to a $15 million dollar renovation beginning the 1st quarter of next year which will address the items that you mention. I hope that you will come back and see us then. If there is ever anything I can do to make your stays more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Direcot of Rooms
Jackson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our room was in the tower section and was adequate. I wish I could say more, but there was nothing extraordinary about the room. The beds were softer than many hotels when you find hard cheap matresses. These were good for me. The room had two doubles and one would think that Quees size would be the norm these days. I little small for two folks.
We tried to eat in the Grille on the main level. The restaurant was not half full. We ordered a hamburger and a bowl of soup. At the 48 minute mark, we had no food, just apologises. We asked if the food was ready and it was not. We stopped at the gift shop and got two bags of chips and called it dinner. I can see no reason for such slow service at a modest sized restaurant.
This was a large soccer weekend and the hotel was full. The tower is served by two elevators and one was not working until Sunday. Really! There was reports of elevator not working in prior reviews as well. Basic stuff and left - unrepaired. Leaves a bad impression.

Room Tip: There is a charge for parking and for Wifi.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I apologize for the long wait that you experienced in the Grill. I understand your frustation and assure you that your feedback will be passed on to our Food & Beverage team.

If your travels bring you back to St. Louis, please contact me prior to your arrival, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you the type of excellent service we typically deliver.

Director of Rooms
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great weekend stay at this property! Each staff member we encountered from front desk, to housekeeping, to restaurant staff and manager, went out of their way to not only meet our needs, but anticipate. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Great positive vibe throughout the hotel. So refreshing!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your visit to our hotel. We truly value the feedback and use the information as training tools for our staff. We will surely celebrate the kind comments you made about the team.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Check in was exactly how I like it - fast and easy. Service was great and my room was in the newer tower. The rooms are a little small (narrow with high ceilings), but if you are only there for one night, it really doesn't matter. The beds were comfortable and my room was very clean.

I had breakfast in the concierge lounge - not many choices and the food was average; however, there is a stand at the front door with quick breakfast items and water at no charge to guests. Next time, I will just grab something as I leave instead of getting up early for breakfast.

I noticed that the hallway on my floor needed vacuuming - and still needed it when I left the next morning.
I would stay here again - overall, very nice

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!