“Very convenient and friendly.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very convenient and friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very convenient with airport pick up and drop off. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The restaurant in the hotel has great burgers, but for a true BBQ experience, there is a Bandana's BBQ place half a block, 2 minutes walking distance.

Room Tip: The Marquis Tower has great rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments about our property. It is truly awesome to get a positive review about our burgers. I urge you to try other great items on our new menu the next time your visit. Please make it a point to seek me out upon your next visit as I would be happy to provide a complimentary appetizer.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can serve you in any way.

314-253-5155 Direct Line

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Edmond, OK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My Platinum "upgraded" room had a bathroom smaller than most clothes closets. Heaven help the poor schmuck who gets tossed into a "regular" room. Next, only one working elevator to service NINE FLOORS of the Marquis Tower. I'm flipping a coin here to decide between laziness and incompetence. As a property manager, how could you NOT see that as a problem that merits immediate attention? Bear in mind also that the ONE elevator that is functional makes suspicious creaking noises during operation, emits static on the speaker, and illuminates the emergency call button at random intervals.

The hallways are kept colder than a meat locker. I enjoy A/C as much as the next guy, but in August I shouldn't mourn the absence of my parka while walking from my room to the front door. After a very long day, I called room service at 8:30 PM tonight and was told there was at least a 2 hour wait in the kitchen. TWO HOURS??? Did the cook go on an African Safari to bring back more meat? Maybe they ran out of potatoes and had to grow some more? Utterly disgraceful.

The only thing that kept this place from earning a bottom rating was that the bed provided a decent night's sleep. And the WSJ was a nice perk over the USA Today received by the unwashed masses. Other than that, you're probably better off to save your dough and sleep on a bench in the nearby airport.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments as they are used as training tools for our dedicated team who strive each day to deliver excellence. We truly regret your visit did not meet expectations and hope you provide us with another opportunity to regain your trust.

Should you return to the area, I hope you will contact me directly so I can ensure a failure free visit.

Respectfully,
314-253-5155 Direct Line
Spring, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Convenient location for travelers. Shuttle service was prompt. The rooms were nice and comfortable. Restaurant was probably better than average for airport locations. Picked up a sandwich to go which was great. Would stay there again if returning to St. Louis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cheryl P, Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel accomodating. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to St. Louis! Please feel free to contact me if there is ever anything I can assist with.

Cheryl Prenger
Director of Room Operations
Jefferson City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed with husband, sister and her family night before our flight to Mexico. Rearranged for us to have adjoining rooms. Shuttle service is prompt and efficient. Drivers friendly and helpful. Had dinner at the hotel service was very, very slow, food was mediocre and overpriced. Reasonably priced for the convenience of park and fly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to our hotel. Please know the supportive comments about our staff will be shared with the team. You will also be happy to know we are one week away from the roll out of a new restaurant menu featuring housemade recipes we are sure you will enjoy.

We look forward to seeing you again. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can help arrange any aspect of your visit.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

While the hotel itself is a typical "airport hotel," what made my stay memorable was the friendly, engaging, and outgoing airport staff. In every interaction, the hotel staff was incredibly friendly, from each bus driver, to the check-in agent, I was made to feel welcome. The check-in agent went above and beyond to secure a specific room type for me, even when checking in early. While the corridors are old, the beds are not particularly comfortable, and the TVs are the old tube type, I'll return to this hotel thanks to the friendly and proactive staff if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for the kind comments about our staff. Please know your comments will be shared with the team and celebrated.

We look forward to your return! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly prior to your next visit if I can assist in ay way.

Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've stayed at this property countless times over the years, taking advantage of a "park and fly" deal which is often nearly as cheap as just paying for a week of parking at the airport. This is a large, dated property with an excellent location.

Rooms: I've never stayed in the newer tower at this hotel (I believe it is only open to Marriott Rewards members or carries an additional fee--not sure on this one). The rest of the property consists of another large tower and a low-rise section that form a box around the outdoor pool. On this trip, we were given a room in the tower. The decor is fairly dated (really noticable with the CRT television), and the rooms are quite small. That being said, the rooms are still in quite good condition. The beds are quite comfortable, and the airconditioning works quite well. I really wouldn't call them "Marriott rooms", but they're ok provided that you dont pay more than $100/night. An added annoyance: Internet access is around $12/day. Get into the 21st century, Marriott!

Location: The finest available at Lambert. The airport is literally across the highway from this hotel! Free shuttle service is available, and it's fairly frequent (every 20 minutes, or on call at the airport).

Service: Check in clerks are quite nice. On this stay, a charge for internet access was added to our bill and disguised under an odd name. When I called to question it, it was dropped without arguement.

I'd recommend this property for cheap park-and-fly deals, but that's about it. If your business is placing you here for a convention or other event, you should be comfortable. Outside of those two circumstances, though, I can't think of any other compelling reason to stay here.

Room Tip: If you can find a way to stay in the newer "Marquis" tower, it might be worth it. The roo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive comments about our wonderful staff. We are known to have the best and most dedicated team members in the market and are truly glad you took notice. You will also be delighted to know a renovation is scheduled for our west tower rooms, meeting space, and restaurant next year. We are confident you will find the changes refreshing.

Prior to your next vist, please contact me directly and I will ensure you recieve complimentary internet access during your entire stay.

We truly look forward to your return!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

the Airport Marriott is starting to show its age i think. The staff is great, and the rooms were clean, but many little things are starting to show. Carpets can be worn, the rooms are large, but power outlets are hard to find, or not there at all. That sort of thing.
The elevators are not very handy leaving long walks down multiple hallways looking for your room . Instructions on where to park were just a little vague; making the staff use maps with everything clearly marked would be helpful in this. The hotel is a very large box shape with pool in the inner courtyard making some of the rooms a real hike.
THe restaurant off the lobby was handy and good service, but unimpressive food.
You stay here because it's right by the airport, not because it's one of Marriotts best....

Room Tip: ask to be near an elevator, or at least know where one is - and check the map so you don't park...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bob L, General Manager at Marriott St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We truly value your feedback and use the comments as training tools for our staff. The next time you visit, please contact me directly and I will ensure you are assigned a room close to an elevator for easy access. You will also be happy to know we are within a week of rolling out a new menu in the Rock River Grill, Tavern and room service. We look forward to your return!

314-210-4255

Been to Marriott St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!