“Great People, poor maintenance.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton St. Louis Airport

You added Hilton St. Louis Airport to your Saves list
Hilton St. Louis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 Natural Bridge Road, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Airport Parking Deals
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Great People, poor maintenance.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

When we first arrived I had to get my own luggage cart and it wasn't until I had loaded our bags onto the cart and started wheeling it through the lobby did a bell hop ask if he could help! Then we were put into a room for handicapped individuals (we are not handicapped) which we managed with in spite of the odd shower arrangement but that wasn't the real issue. The facility had many very wobbly railings and poorly maintained facility bathrooms: no toilet paper, seats broken...). We had to wait for several minutes while a line formed to be seated for lunch (at noon) as there weren't any hostess' or servers in the restaurant! The floor of the restaurant had a spill (major slip hazard) that stayed the entire day and while it was cleaned up the next day, the floor clearly hadn't been washed. We sat at a table that had 2 forks wrapped in the napkin and no knife (several tables were likewise so we couldn't steal a knife from another table).
On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and pleasant at all times.
Overall, this Hilton is poorly managed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor and our Hilton Survey.

After reviewing your feedback clearly we fell short to provide you with the quality and service you have come to expect and deserve with Hilton. The team and I want to apologize for your experience especially related to our service, facility, bellman availablity and cleanliness. Our team takes great pride and passion in providing an excellent experience for our guests and we are sadden that we failed you. My team and I will be personally looking into these matters less than satisfying since it is unacceptable for you to have gone through this.

I sincerely hope for us falling short to exceed your overall expectation does not cause you to rethink your selection of the Hilton St. Louis Airport as your choice for your future travel needs. We do value your business and appreciate you conveying your comments and experiences to us as this affords a valuable opportunity to improve on our services.

Once again, thank you for providing us with your valuable and honest feedback. Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ryan Konz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Lake Ridge, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I want to thank Lindsay Anderton who went out of her way twice to assist me with important actions. The other person is Bob (part of the wait staff). You can always count on him to go out of his way to make the conference attendees feel comfortable. Please recognize both individuals. I recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to St. Louis.

I single these two; atlhough, everyone at the St Louis Airport Marriott is a special person in my book. I was part of the AUSA Chapter Leader Training, 6-11 August). This is my 6th year as a trainer at the St. Louis Marriott. The hotel has NEVER disappointed me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so your feedback and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our sister hotel the Marriott St Louis Airport for you.

grand rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First off let me start by our experience overall was excellent here but there was a few concerns/suggestions I would like to bring up. We arrived on 8/2 from Michigan early in AM and was accomadated by Kory-very nice lady and she was able to get us checked in early as we had obligations to attend that day in town. Thank you very much for that!!

Good
Very nice and clean hotel
Staff is very pleasant and go above and beyond
the breakfast bar in the morning is unbelievable

Bad
the fire alarm was pulled our first night around 10:30pm and we were in bed from a very long drive and day...was not happy about this at all as I have anxiety/panic attacks so my heart was racing the whole time and could'nt really sleep well for the night

My electrical outlet in bathroom was not working and asked front desk am on 8/3 to have someone look, engineer came to room and asked if we was going to be around all day, stated we was taking off at 9:30am and gone pretty much whole day. was told would be fixed while we was gone. We came back to our room at 8:30pm that evening and he was just in there fixing it. At this time we wanted to just lay down and relax and really could'nt

The Pool-I would suggest when you are booked or have 3-5 family reunions going on to shut it down maybe from 8-10 for adults only...we was not able to use the pool at all during our stay due to many kids, their toys and splashing etc...:(

The breakfast buffett was great Saturday morning but we got up and went down at 6:30 to avoid the known crowd, it was great and full and plenty of food. Although on Sunday morning we did'nt check out until 9:30 to catch up on some sleep since we were driving back and the buffett was'nt up to par and not stocked as well since the rush had already hit.

I have to say I would stay here again but just wanted to make them aware of a few things and thanks again to Kory for being a listening ear and not blowing us off with our concerns and taking control and making a difference in our stay.

Room Tip: We had room 750 and had no issues with noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear about our service and clean hotel. I also appreciate your suggestions and honest feedback. Please know that feedback like yours is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great accommodations! We stayed here prior to our flight out the next morning to ARUBA. It was a short night but a good one. Check in was good and convenient. We were in the other tower but got to it fine. The room was very comfortable, clean and fresh. The bathroom was clean and fresh also. Plenty of towels and linen. We had a chance to visit the bar and the service was fantastic. Prices were a bit high, but we had a group of 16 - they took very good care of us... Our flight left early in the morning so we took the park and fly deal. It was well worth the cost! The shuttle took all 16 of us to the airport by 0430 AM; made for a long day but it was hassle free!

When we called the hotel when we got back from ARUBA at 0020 AM in the wee hours of the morning; they sent a shuttle within a couple of minutes and took us straight back to our vehicles. Hassle FREE!

Very courteous staff. Makes me proud to be a Diamond Member!

We did not get a chance to try the great breakfast because of our early departure but I am sure the GM, Ryan Konz, will comp the breakfast the next time I am in St. Louis. Great Job Mr. Konz!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

After reading your comments we are glad you enjoyed our accommodations and shuttle service. Plus your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

I do hope that if you ever need our services again in the future, that you will consider staying again with us.

Best wishes and much thanks,
Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have been regular visitors to the St Louis Airport Hilton since 1976, and have seen a number of make overs, the most recent one being the best and nicest todate. It's not however the looks of a place that create a pleasant experience but the folks who make it that way. And the St Louis Airport Hilton has a group of the best people who do that to perfection. From the pleasantness and efficiency at check in to check out, we were surrounded by people who truly care. We have known some of them for many years, including Curt (Curtis) and Mary in the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Airport since 1976 and after reading your comments I am very pleased especially to the service you received from not only the team but from Curtis and Mary. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we look forward seeing you soon.

Best wishes and much thanks,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night with the family. We ordered room service and WHAT? No shrimp cocktail??? Then they forgot the service ticket, then the dip for hot wings. Took the poor guy 4 trips to get it right.

Kids then went to the machine for a soda AND all sold out!

What the heck Hilton?????!

Not up to par and really affected our stay. Poor food service planning.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I regret to hear our accommodations and service did not meet your expectations on your recent stay especially related to room service. We try to make each guest experience at our hotel a great one and your satisfaction is important to us. I can assure you this will be addressed and handled. Plus I will contact Coke to let them know about the experience with the vending machine.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we can improve upon them.

Campinas, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Saimt Louis Hilton Airport l is very convenient if you need to stay near the STL airport and jump to an early morning start. Price is fair but room bathrooms need a serious upgrade. Front desk staff were very friendly and shuttle driver was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your honest feedback about your experience while at our facility. I have shared your comments to our team since take our guests concerns very seriously since our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and anything less is unacceptable to us.

Thank you again for your honest feedback which will be addressed.

Ryan Konz

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!