“Typical airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton St. Louis Airport

You added Hilton St. Louis Airport to your Saves list
Hilton St. Louis Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10330 Natural Bridge Road, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Airport Parking Deal
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Typical airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights over the weekend. Free airport shuttle was nice. Check in was okay. As a Hilton Honors Gold member I was given vouchers for a free breakfast, free drink, and free appetizer each day since the Executive lounge area is closed on weekends. That was a nice touch but I was not offered a room upgrade that typically is provided to Gold members. Room looked mostly updated but the bathroom could have used some work particularly the stained ceiling tiles. The fitness center was adequate for my needs, wifi worked fine, slept well on the bed. Didn't use the pool but it looked fine. Wish it would have had a hot tub. Breakfast buffet was nice, restaurant service in the evening was lacking though. Food was still good, just very slow service. Overall, price was reasonable, location was convenient to the airport (and metrolink). I would stay there again if I needed to be close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013
Ryan K, General Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel overall but I do apologize that a few of your experiences you noted were anything less than extremely satisfying especially with the bathroom and slow restaurant. I will be sharing your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing an excellent guest experience along with addressing those concerns. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences related to your stay. We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,
Ryan Konz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I recently enjoyed my 3rd stay at this hotel and am more impressed than ever. As a frequent traveler, I spend many nights a year in hotel rooms and finding a hotel that truly caters to travelers is a God-send. I also am an owner of condos and have done vacation rental by owners for years and have very high standards for my units as well as my personal travel needs. IF you are in the area & have the opportunity to stay here, please do so. Shawn Smith, the Front Desk Supervisor, did an outstanding job of making sure that every detail was attended to. I had a stellar room (suite #528) with many extras. It was thoroughly cleaned (very important to me); had many extras, was spacious and quiet. The thermostat maintained my room temperature perfectly and the bed was a piece of heaven with the perfect mattress, crisp clean linens and many wonderful fluffy pillows. The restaurant did it's best to accommodate my serious medical challenges. JB, my server on most days, went above the call of duty to be sure that I had what I needed to get and made each meal work out for my needs.
I would highly recommend this hotel for any convention needs that you have. I was attending a seminar for approximately 160 people and the hotel was the class act together. The bar is a fun place for nightly gatherings, the breakfast buffet is incredible. I don't always give perfect 5 star ratings, but this hotel deserved a 6! Aloha Gina On Maui

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Airport and after reading your comments I am very pleased especially to the service you received from not only the team by Shawn and JB. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel and they strive everyday to exceed our guests expectations. In our business, just a kind word and a warm welcoming attitude makes us stand apart from the crowd and I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I assume that a big part of their business comes from 3rd party sites or what they refer to as "discount, wholesale hotel sites" <-according to one of their front desk staff., however, if you have booked your room through one of these third party sites, they will charge you for EVERYTHING . If you try to ask for a different room, it's a $15 per night extra. Not to mention extra fee for Internet , parking and breakfast.
I guess this is not a place for us common folks that like to bargain hunt and look for good deals because our money is worth less here, and I guarantee you, they will make you feel like a second class citizen.
Stay at your own risk, unless you are willing to spend an extra $55 per night on all the extra up charges, in which case, may I recommend that you go stay at a real hotel, not this "pretentious , hotel wanna be, motel,".
I am 6ft 3 and I was there for two nights and they would not put my wife and I in a king because I refused to pay the $15 per night extra. The queen they put me in was too small for me, I could not sleep in it. There were not enough towels in the room.
The only upside was the fast elevator taking me to my tiny bed on the fourth floor.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges although from time to time we allow 3rd party booking channels and when we do it is done to provide the lowest price possible to our valued guests. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Guest feedback such as yours is incredibly important to us.

Thank you again for your review.

Quincy,IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Hilton is right across the highway from the airport and they do have park and fly so you don't have to worry about additional parking charges. We were upgraded to the executive floor which had a great little lounge on the 9th floor with free snacks and beverages and a great view of the aiport runways. We were actually snowed in here a day while the airport was shut down and the staff was all very friendly and helpful even though they were short staffed and probably working long hours. The restaurant food was okay. Prices and food were about average. Free wifi in the lobby only. Extra charge for wifi in the rooms and even after paying it was spotty. Nice comfy beds and soft comforters. Rooms and hotel seemed very clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments regarding our rooms, proximity to airport and friendly staff are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Hilton is convenient, the staff is great, the breakfast is very good, the bar is relaxing...this all comes at a price and it is on the expensive side to eat and have a beer here.
Check out Fergusens Pub about 20 minutes away...it is great.

Room Tip: rooms facing airport are not that noisey from air traffic but the ventilation systems sounds like a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback through Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed our service but I do apologize for the noise. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Best regards,
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

They bent over backwards to make sure we had a great stay! From the moment we walked in they took care of us. The Bellman - Oscar, had our bags together and made sure we were checked in and to our room quickly. The room was spacious and was very clean. The Manager, Sam, even shoveled snow to get our car unstuck and into a parking spot. They truly care about their customers and the services they provide.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

After reading your comments I am very pleased especially to the service you received not only from the team but Oscar and Sam as well. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel and they strive everyday to exceed our guests expectations. In our business, just a kind word and a warm welcoming attitude makes us stand apart from the crowd and I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

Nirvana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

...this is simply the best experience I have had at an airport property...heck, most any property! Sam, the two night clerks, Shawn the Bartender for a late night nosh (get the toasted raviolis and ahi tuna...sooooo good), terrifically clean room, and attention to detail made what started as a miserable business trip (TWO blizzards in three days, and I stayed there between them) as good as it gets.

Sam even played bellman and took bags to the room...330 I believe. He gave me a great rate (I was a walk-in because the storm was so bad I didn't think I could drive through it) and made me feel like family.

I will stay there EVERY TIME I am in St. Louis!

Thanks Sam and Staff!

Room Tip: Recently redone and wonderful....breakfast buffet has great attention to detail and is way above the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

After reading your comments I am very pleased to see how much you enjoyed the hotel along with the service you received from Sam, Shawn and the team. We are so proud of the group of team members that we have at that hotel and they strive everyday to exceed our guests expectations. In our business, just a kind word and a warm welcoming attitude makes us stand apart from the crowd and I am so pleased that you recognized that in our team.

Ryan Konz

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!