“Very Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 Natural Bridge Rd., Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Berkeley
Kalamazoo MI
“Very Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had a weekend stay at this property the first weekend in february. I must say that this property is well deserving of the Renaissance name..
The shuttle from the airport was right on time and the service was very good.
Checking in was also not stressful. The front desk attendants were very polite and welcomining.
My room was also clean and house keeping service was also very polite and gracious..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear yardie8860,

Thank you for your kind review! I am pleased that enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind comments with my team. Please come to see us again soon!

400 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Love this place for park and fly. Beds and pillows are so comfy. We requested more coffee packets at 3 am (had an early flight) and the guy was at the door within a few minutes. Luv that they have aveda products also!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear columbiamo,

Thanks for your review! I am glad you like the Aveda products and that you were able to get some coffee before leaving. Please come to stay with us for your next park and fly; we would be happy to see you again!

Palm Springs ,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago and it was nothing special. Recently, we decided to stay one night before a very early flight back home. Wow, I was impressed from the moment we arrived. The doorman was so polite and friendly, and the lobby is beautiful.

Check in was just okay. The person behind the desk wasn't all that friendly. However, our room was fantastic. It was very clean with a very comfortable bed. I made reservations on the internet and my husband was so happy that they have down free rooms. He has severe allergies and this is always a problem at nicer hotels.

High speed internet is not free. This didn't surprise me because it is a business hotel and travelers with expense accounts can spend $12 bucks for internet. I went to the beautiful lobby to use the free internet and decided to spend my $12 on a very expensive glass of wine. The wine was delicious and the bartender filled the glass to the brim.

We had dinner in the restaurant, which was almost empty with the exception of one other couple. Our server was wonderful and very accomodating. Five star service with three star food. The food is pricey, but there is nothing else in the area. It is a business hotel and I expect this. We paid almost $100 for dinner and one drink each.

After dinner my husband used the hot tub and I looked at the pool area. To me, the pool area looked a little run down compared to the lobby and the rooms. I was able to fall asleep early in the very comfortable and clean bed. Check out was easy, except the front desk couldn't make change for a $20. We only waited seven minutes for the shuttle to the airport. The driver was pleasant and immediately grabbed for all of our luggage. The driver seemed pleasantly surprised when we tipped him.

I don't have any children, so I cannot comment on the kids activities and we didn't have breakfast before leaving. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and the hotel was an excellent value for $89.00. I would definitely stay at the hotel again, if we ever have another early flight out of STL.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear JON513,

Thank you very much for your pleasant review! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your comments with my team so we can resolve the minor issues you encountered. Please come to see us next time you depart from Lambert – we would be happy to have you stay with us again!!

Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here as a park and fly before a winter escape to the Caribbean. Very nice location and reasonable price, considering that a week of parking was included. The lobby bar and restaurant were very stylish and served wonderful food. This was a much better option than the numerous fast food choices around the hotel. Our only complaint was that a crib was not available for our daughter, which made getting a good night's rest before our flight difficult.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear fluidkarma,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant. However, I apologize that there was not a crib available during your stay. I understand that this must have been a great inconvenience. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss this issue.

Grayslake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I usually wait to post my review until my stay is complete, but I am writing this mid stay in the hopes that someone at this hotel will take action to address their numerous flaws. Before I go into the problems, I will point out the positive elements: the room is up to date, nice beds, flat screen TV, and free wireless. On the downside, I've never been in a large hotel that had such poor service consistently, which started before we got to the hotel with the shuttle. We called in from baggage claim upon arrival and went to the designated area as directed and then waited more than 20 minutes after assurances that the driver was on his way. When we tried to reach the hotel to get an update, our call went unanswered. Upon arriving at the hotel, we had to seek out somebody to check us in, which took nearly 10 minutes to get someone to the front desk. (I've never seen anything like this before). When we took a break later that afternoon, the server in their "Starbucks" area was not to be found and finally after opening doors and looking for people in the operations areas of the hotel, we found somebody to come provide coffee for us. When we ate lunch as the hotel, it was incredibly slow and we had to press out server to provide basic service items like provide us our check. The most recent disappointment came this morning when I got up early to use the gym, which looked pretty good for a hotel. Unfortunately, my initial happiness that I found an unused treadmill turned once again to disappointment as all 3 (of 6) unused treadmills were not working.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless all you want to do is sleep in the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear gad38,

I apologize for the problems during your stay; these issues are completely unacceptable. I will be sure to share this information with my team so we can correct them for future guests. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel while attending a personal event. Arrangements were made by a local family member and the hotel was probably chosen due to its proximity to the airport. The rate we were given was very reasonable and we reserved several rooms. I found this hotel not suitable for a leisure stay. We didn’t find our room to be comfortable at all. The lighting was poor and the room was very dark, even with all the lamps on. The heating in the room was obviously not controlled by the thermostat in the room because no matter how high we adjusted the heating up, it remained cold in the room. It was only during the late night and really early morning that we were able to feel the heat. There is also no microwave or refrigerator, which only added to the room’s inconvenience. There was no complimentary internet access in the room and no business center in the hotel at all. Parking is not free and you pay each time you exit the lot. Also once in the lot, parking is very scarce and finding a park can be a challenge. My husband said that it appeared 40% of the available parking spaces were reserved for the valet service. On the up side, we did not have any negative experiences with the staff.
While the hotel as attractive to look at, it did not fulfill our needs. When in the area again we will probably choose another place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance a few weeks ago and did a park and fly. I've stayed there before and was really happy with it so I knew I would be just as happy this time. Check in was very quick and they were very friendly at the front desk. We spent less staying the night and leaving our vehicle parked for 8 nights there than we would have if we would have just used the airport parking-without the stay. I will be returning to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear love2travel7243,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our shuttle service. We hope to see you before your next big trip!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!