“Great Accomodations at the Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 Natural Bridge Rd., Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Berkeley
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Great Accomodations at the Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I'm not sure this hotel is up to the usual Renaissance standards, but it's clean, modern, and the staff is excellent. Their standard prices are really high for what you get, but the AAA park and fly rate of $79 is a great deal with 8 nights of parking. The shuttle runs 24 hours a day and they tell you to be in the lobby 15 minutes beofre you want to go, but I would recommend getting there a little earlier if you're going out in the morning. I had to wait for the next shuttle because the first one filled up before I got on.Overall, a great stay and I will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear EGranger,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to come back. We hope to see you soon!

417 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

The recent remodel of this hotel was quite a transformation! The decor is fun and hip, the staff is extremely pleasant, delicious food, clean rooms. It is just a great hotel. Our only complaint was the lighting in the restaurant Norah's was a bit too bright for us. We asked if they could dim them, but that didn't seem possible, so we chose to eat dinner in the bar area. Our meal was very good and the service exceptional! We also love that we can leave our car parked here when we fly out. The shuttle to the airport is timely and the drivers are always cheerful and eager to help with your bags. I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed December 2012
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear BeanRust,

I am delighted that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and restaurant! I will also be sure to share your kind comments with my shuttle team. Please come to see us next time you are in St. Louis, we would be happy to have you stay with us again!

Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This hotel was disappointing on so many levels that at times I thought I was being "punked" and a TV host would jump out. Most Marriott properties are well-maintained. This one was not. Litter in the hallways and public areas was ever-present. The elevators didn't work properly. The restaurant was amazingly bad--nothing presented with any semblance of hot serving temperature. The heat in the room didn't work properly but because of my late arrival and early flight I suffered through it. The last straw was when the shower handle broke off in my hand, making no shower possible in the morning. If this was my first stay at a Marriott property it would have been my last. This place is a must avoid.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear AltGol,

I agree that your experience does sound like “a bad joke.” Please accept my apologies for the many issues you experienced during your stay. If you would like to speak with me personally, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

I am sincerely sorry.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I decided to try out this hotel because of the low rate they were offering. The hotel lobby and the restaurant/bar area are beautiful and modern. The check in was a great experience, the stuff is very friendly. But once you get in the elevators you wonder if you are still in the same hotel. The day I checked in only 2 elevators were in a working status which made it very tricky because they are REALLY REALLY slow and it takes forever to get it to your level. The room was ok, the paint on the bathroom ceiling was peeling off, and the carpet was not in the best condition. I would say this hotel is ok, but I was expecting more from a Renaissance. I would stay here again but only if the rate is under $200.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear AA75,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance; your input is greatly appreciated. I apologize that you had a bad experience with our elevators and that your room was less than perfect. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Mt Zion IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just wanted to let others know how much we have enjoyed this hotel. I have used twice this year and my in-laws at least 3 times.

Always clean, helpful, close to restuarants, great FREE shuttle and drivers, and close to airport of course. Not the cheapest, but worth it with the great staff and the "park and fly" options.

In fact, this hotel is often better than ones at my final destination. Great Job Marriot Family of hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear T C

Thank you so much for your delightful review! I am happy that your family enjoys staying with us so much. I will be sure to share your kind words with my team.

Please come to see us again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Nice room. Great service. Enjoyed a wonderful meal and wine in the lobby area. The server provided excellent suggestions.....both wine and food. I enjoyed the cod with sausage succotash very much.

I wish Marriott would drop the silly package that includes Internet and unlimited local and long distance calls. Unlimited calls are irrelevant in the era of smart phones. A reasonable price for Internet access that wasn't bumped up for free land line calls would be more appealing. Who uses a land line these days?

With that said, this is a great hotel and I recommend it highly. Very stylish.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear GWM160,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our hotel so much! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful recommendation for the Renaissance. I apologize for the inconvenience regarding internet and phone lines; I will be sure to pass your recommendations along to my team. We always appreciate guest input because it enables us to serve you better. Please come to see us next time you are in St. Louis. We will be delighted to have you with us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed one night while attending a workshop. Have never stayed at this Marriott property before but took a chance because of the unbelievable low room rate. Great staff, they were friendly and helpful, beautifully decorated lobby and conveniently located across from Lambert Field.
The room was comfortable and clean.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear maddos4,

Thank you so much for your great review! I am happy that you enjoyed our convenient location, as well as our newly renovated lobby. Please come to see us again soon. We would be delighted to have you back at the Renaissance!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!