“Significantly better than most airport hotels” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9801 Natural Bridge Rd., Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Berkeley
New York, New York, United States
“Significantly better than most airport hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Renaissance at the St. Louis airport is an upgraded and comfortable hotel. It has an upscale feel to it with modern furnishings. The restaurant and bar areas are comfortable and the food is delicious. The staff however, really make this an ideal location as everyone I came in touch with went above and beyond. Our waitress at night served us dinner and drinks while we rehearsed for a pitch. A bellman, Larry, rescued us when our cab didn't show up and drove us 20 minutes to our meeting in the Renaissance airport shuttle. And our waitress at breakfast was equally helpful, getting us in and out of the restaurant quickly so we made our meeting at time. I will definitely stay here again when I have to travel to St. Louis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Erin B,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! I am very pleased to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them. Please come to see us again soon. We will be happy to have you at the Renaissance again!

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here on my one night trip to Saint Louis and I got a great price. If I didn't get that price, I wouldn't have stayed here.

The room was nice inside. However, the hotel had an issue with overcrowded elevators which was unpleasant. The room only had one bath towel and no drinking glasses for water in the room. The breakfast buffet had a limited selection compared to a full service Marriott and the fruit was not very fresh.

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room. Even numbered rooms face the freeway and airport runway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear DRY_72,

I apologize that you were less than satisfied with your experience at the Renaissance. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel and bringing these issues to my attention. If you would like to discuss these matters further, feel free to contact me at the hotel. Next time you are in St. Louis, please come to see us. We would love the opportunity to make up for your dissatisfaction and to give you the type of experience that we love to provide for our guests.

jacksonville,fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Loved the convenience of the hotel being close to the airport. Surprisingly quiet! There is a complimentary shuttle that will take you to and fro. The metrolink is located at the airport as well so getting to downtown sights were easily accessible. We were under the impression the hotel shuttle ran 24/7 so upon arriving at the airport after a long day of sightseeing,(it was 1am), we waited for the shuttle for almost 30 minutes to pick us up. Only after this, did we learn to call the hotel from the airport. Ever since, our wait time was never more than five minutes when arriving late in the night. Additionally, the drivers were always warm and upbeat. Loved the modern decor of the lobby. Very clean. The staff was pleasant. Our room was on the eleventh floor, accessed via room key on the elevator. Large room with a nice view of the main entrance, although I didn't care much for the view of the Hollywood Lingerie store across the street. Our room did have a refrigerator and the eleventh floor does have a club lounge that serves breakfast and other finger foods throughout the days for their business clients. Did not take advantage of the restaurant, but did enjoy the fireplace in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear evalano07,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel so much! We always have wonderful comments about our shuttle drivers, and they will be very excited to hear what you had to say about them. We hope that you enjoyed your time sightseeing in St. Louis. Thank you for your wonderful review and for choosing the Renaissance. Please come to see us next time you are in the area. We would be delighted to have you with us again.

Quincy IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love staying at this hotel due to location and rooms. I made a reservation 2 months in advance on the park and stay plan for a King non-smoking. I arrived at about 8 and showed the reservation to the desk clerk. The first words out of her mouth were "we're out of kings so i'm putting you in a queen." I explained to her the concept of making a reservation for the type of room I wanted and that I had a "garunteed" reservation. She proceeded to ask me "are you having a bad day?" I responded "no, not until now." After a discussion I was upgraded to a King Room on the concierge level. I might mention that I am a Marriott Rewards member. I think the upgrade should have been offered immediately. The room was great, the restaurant so-so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mda49,

I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received during check in. I will be sure to share this information with my Reception staff so that we can avoid these issues in the future. All issues aside, I am pleased that you enjoyed our location as well as our rooms. Please come to see us next time you are in the St. Louis area. We would love the opportunity to have your business again and to provide you with a better experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I am a recent Hilton Diamond transplant. Giving Marriott a shot this quarter. First time staying in a Renaissance. Pretty hotel, but my preferences are High Floor - away from the elevator were totally ignored. I'm on a low floor next to the elevator. My status was honored at Marriott, so not sure why my preferences aren't honored??

I travel a lot and it's the little things that make the difference. Not listening to the elevator all night is one of them!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Kpkingtn,

I sincerely apologize that your preferences were not honoured during your stay. Please contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss this issue. We would love to have you stay with us again so we may have the opportunity to provide you with the service that we pride ourselves on. Thank you for bringing this problem to my attention; I will be sure to share your comments with my staff so we can prevent future occurrences like these.

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What I liked- it was extremely quiet,easy quick check in,huge room with fantastic vanity with great lighting,wonderful heat/ air control,big window with view of runway- saw planes takeoff, never heard a peep. The beds,linens were super comfy. The very best was the airport shuttle- the driver was waiting for a customer,he saw us coming,scooped us up and promptly took us to the terminal without any lingering,dawdling what so ever! How refreshing! The worst part was we had an early flight so very little opportunity to linger in that great bed and enjoy the sunrise and be lazy! Shucks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear DenverDaDo

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your room and its view. It also pleases me that you enjoyed your experience with our shuttle driver – I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Please come to see us next time you are in St. Louis; I hope that you will be able to enjoy a longer stay with us next time!

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had never stayed at this hotel in St. Louis before attending a conference/workshop there and staying overnight so I was surprised (pleasantly) by how modern the decor was throughout the hotel. In addition to being so up to date, it was very clean and inviting. The rooms were large and clean. The staff was especially helpful and cheerful, which is not always the case these days. In any event, this would be a 5 star hotel except for the fact that noise from the hallway permeating my room during the night. I was awakened several times by slamming doors and talking. Maybe the walls are not as substantial as they appear but it was not a good night's rest. Otherwise, the hotel was lovely and very accommodating.

Room Tip: My room was well away from the elevators so I can't advise where it might be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear km0722,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance. I am pleased that you enjoyed our new décor throughout the hotel. However, it disappoints me that you did not get a good night’s rest. I apologize for disturbances and ask that you contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss this matter further. Next time you are in St. Louis, please come to visit us. We will be happy to have you again!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!