“Air conditioner is louder than 747” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Airport St. Louis

You added Quality Inn Airport St. Louis to your Saves list
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10232 Natural Bridge Road, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134-3302 (Formerly St. Louis Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
“Air conditioner is louder than 747”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Trying to sleep in this room right now. The "air conditioner" kicks on and is much louder than the airplanes outside of my room . Then it shuts off to complete silence only it isn't cooling the room. When it shuts off I can hear everything the folks in the next room are saying. Then it turns on again two minutes later. Ugh! Front desk not helpful. We should just press the down arrow to get it cooler. Really? Hadn't thought of that. Should have saved our money and driven over from IL to airport in morning. My poor kids are tossing and turning - should be good for the 6 am flight.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I read the review about the hotel being under construction and almost didn't book it, but when the manager said they were done I went ahead an made the reservation. From what I could tell the interior renovations were done, but they were still working on the outside facelift. There was no construction noise in the morning, so no problems here. We stayed on a Friday night.

Overall the service at the front desk was quick and friendly. We got a room on the second floor that was fully renovated, was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was redone in marble and had a countertop that was long and handled all our toiletries. The shower head had a good stream and the water was hot. The bed was comfortable, the room had a desk and flat screen TV. The channel selection was plentiful and met our expectations.

In the hallway you could smell smoke, which may have been from another part of the hotel, but once in the room there was no smell. When in the hallway I could hear TV sounds coming from the other rooms, but again, when in my room it was quiet and did not have any disturbances. There was only one ice machine in the main wing of the hotel and I had to ask the front desk for its location. I worked fine, just hard to find. The stairwells were not updated and showed wear.

The breakfast at the pancake house next door was very good. It was 2 pancakes, two slices of bacon, two ham slices and scrambled eggs. You could order more, but would have to pay for anything additional. The service was quick, food hot and tasty.

The price point was incredible for the St Louis area (~$60), so I did not know what to expect. Overall I was very pleased with this stay and would stay again if I am traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Stay away for the smoking end and ask for a remodeled room on the second floor (closer to they front...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This place exceeded my expectations...room was very comfortable and clean, check in was fast and clerks very friendly and informative.The price was reasonable. The hot breakfast was yummy especially the pancakes.I would stay here again. Plenty of parking, Free WiFi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Coventry, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was a Choice Hotel and I trust Choice Hotels. When you enter the lobby, you are greeted with a sign that states, "Please excuse our appearance during renovations". If you see this sign, go back out of the door. I stayed at the Quality Inn in West Springfield, Ma. last month and saw the same sign. Are they renovating the entire chain??

Our first day there, after a day of site seeing and returning at 9:30 PM, our key did not work. I had to go to the front desk(Which was a long walk) to get new keys. The clerk was rude and implied that I did something to the key. The second day, we had breakfast at the Golden Pancake Restaurant which is in the parking lot. We were given a voucher for a free meal which is the same every morning. We had 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, sausage, ham and coffee. It was good but I didn't look forward to eating the same breakfast for 5 days straight.

We returned to the room after another day of site seeing at 3:30 PM only to find our room had NOT been cleaned and used wet towels still on the bathroom floor. Again, I walked to the front desk to complain and was told a housekeeper would be down in 15 minutes. I asked for new towels and returned to the room. I guess it was my fault for returning to early. The hotel was a mess and the bathroom counter was falling apart. I made up my mind never to stay at a Quality Inn in the future. I understand that Quality Inns are a licensee of Choice Hotels but if they wish to maintain their reputation they should dump them. When we checked out, I was asked if I wanted a receipt by the clerk and when I said yes, I guess it ruined her day. No, how was your stay or thank you.

Room Tip: Stay away at least until their renovations are finished
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Patrickpa, Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest:

It is of utmost importance for us here at Quality Inn to have our Guests satisfied and delighted at what they experienced during their stay. We offer you a very sincere apology for such an unexpected inconvenience. We are very grateful that you bring this matter to our attention, as your feedback is without doubt a very resourceful insight to us.

Quality inn underwent through renovation to enhance our guest experience. The renovation process has been completed. I am confident that a future visit to our hotel will better reflect our commitment to customer satisfaction

Please don’t hesitate to reply or call us at 314-427-5955 if you have any questions

Sincerely
Gm

Patrick P
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed there twice on a trip to Illinois from New England. It is very close to the airport, and just down the road from a BBQ place and Denny's (nice for the 24 hour open, decent for kids). The shuttle was close to on time the two times we took it. The driver was quick. No swimming pool at the airport. They apparently do a Park-and-Ride system, so parking spots can be scarce. They are right next to the car rental places, so I walked back to the hotel. Not a hotel to stay at for a long period of time, but good enough to use for off hour flights.

Room Tip: All smoking rooms are upstairs. The shuttle to the airport runs every 15 minutes, usually. Break...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

OMG, I mean do I really need to request a room change because the guest down the hall was smoking weed?!?! Not to mention on the non-smoking area. Do I really have to explain to my 10 year old why she can't sit in the white stained chair? GROSS!!!! My daughter and I had to switch rooms 3 times before "settling in" . The rooms were dirty; stained chairs and bed covers, nasty bathroom, etc. There was mold around one the heat/air unit in one room. One room already had someone sleeping in it. We were so tired and this hotel was the only one that had rooms available; no wonder. Needless to say the only this chain of hotels is connected with our farm bureau membership. I am really surprise that they would offer places like this. I hate a bad review, I have to write this. But it was a blessing to get refunded the next morning. The staff was really nice to me. But I would stay clear of this place until they do some improvements.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I want to be the first to say, that I was very satisfied with the entire hotel. We came down from Milwaukee, WI. We checked into Airport Inn and was not pleased and demanded a refund and check-out. We noticed Quality Inn near by and went in to inquire some rates and rooms. The front desk worker, Michael went above and beyond to help us. He not only changed out attitude about the city, but he was also very friendly. We checked into four rooms. ALL the rooms were great and everything we needed, he made sure it was provided. We were so pleased with him and the hotel, when we checked out we took pictures in the beautiful lobby and we asked Michael to take the pictures and he did with gladness. We even requested to take a photo with him as well. The guy was ginuine and made our stay so pleasant and enjoyable. Qualily Inn Airport in Saint Louis, MO is now our offical stay when we visit the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Airport St. Louis? Share your experiences!