“Pricey for what they give you...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4450 Evans Place Drive, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Airport Parking Deals
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
st louis mo
“Pricey for what they give you...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I booked this suite during April for my teenage daughters birthday weekend with her friends. It happened to be the only room available in the whole city of St. Louis because there was a "robotic convention" going on.

I would recommend a stay here if it's the only room available. lol It was very clean but they didn't have a single blanket to spare so we didn't have enough blankets for our room. The staff was friendly and the hotel seemed very clean. The maid service was awesome too. The breakfast is not included in the room rate, which was astronomical. For 2 nights stay, it cost over $500 for 4.

I might also add that even if your children are over 16, they can't be in the pool unless a parent is there. The pool is only 4 feet and my girls were only swimming but they were run out because I wasn't there. My 28 year old daughter was supervising them BUT the security guard said that they had to leave the pool because their parents weren't there. I'd think that if a 28 year old is in charge (and she's a teacher), this would have sufficed and my teenagers could have gone swimming. Not sure what THAT was about but needless to say, we were there for a birthday celebration and I wanted the girls to have fun. They did not have fun because they couldn't have breakfast AND they couldn't swim. We ended up buying donuts from a gas station because it would have been too expensive to have breakfast for all of us at the hotel.

The beds were temperapedic BUT they didn't work. For the price, I'd expect them to work.

I gave this hotel 3 stars because of the cleanliness. That's important to me. Also for the friendliness of the staff. The location is pretty scary but there IS heavy security guarding the parking lot at night.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if the temperapedic beds work properly and if they have enough bedding. Make sure yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I grew up where the Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Airport now stands, right next to historic Lake Aurora. I've been in Chicago 50 years but come back to St. Louis frequently and ever since this Garden Inn opened it is where I lodge. It has everything--comfort, cleaninessbeauty and a super restaurant. I brought some important people in for Sunday lunch and they were impressed with both the dining and the cordial and personal service. The trip from and to the airport is a matter of minutes. As others have commented, the front desk staff is outstanding. You'll like everything about this hotel.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room in the hotel. Rooms facing south offer the most interesting view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. I will make sure that I pass along your kind words about the staff to everyone here. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here one night before moving downtown for a conference. A typically very nice Hilton Garden Inn. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. Very convenient to the highway. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad we could accommodate your needs during your brief stay with us before you went downtown. I hope we see you again soon when your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the Garden Inn by Hilton in St Louis Mo Airport on May 28th. We had exceptional service from the moment we checked in. However the Morning staff on the 29th were extra wonderful.
I give a hats off to Kimberly ex specially at the front desk!! Ben, and the Kitchen staff were excellent as well. Steve, who was in the pool area that morning was very friendly and we couldn't have asked for more from a hotel. Again, though everyone was great, Kimberly, Ben, and Steve(possibly goes by Steven) went above and beyond, along with house keeping, the lobby staff and just EVERYONE! Kimberly I can not express how wonderful and memorable you made our trip, my four year old even remembers your name and wants to go back to the hotel with that "really nice lady who gave him crackers, and liked mama's hair". No one ever gives credit where credit is due, and it seems that all you see are the negatives when it comes to reviews. I want to make sure that EVERYONE knows that this is the place to stay and that the staff there was more than friendly and accommodating. Might I add a late check out and a beautiful room?! The whole experience was outstanding and i hope that the owners and managers see this and take note of the wonderful people they have working there!!! Kim, thanks for that red bull, I don't think I would have made it through the day without it at the city Museum, Hats off to YOU!!!
Again, a very happy and grateful guest,
Susanna Rauch

Room Tip: If you have the staff included that we had, no room could possibly be bad!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am so glad you had such a great experience with us. I will make sure I pass along the kind words to our staff, especially those mentioned. I know they will be appreciative for them and excited they made your stay so outstanding. I am glad we could accommodate all your needs with us, including the late checkout. It is something we want to work with our guests if they have a later flight or a later need and they cannot check out at the normal time.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or when you are ready to book with us in the future, just contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed only one night at the Hilton Garden Inn and it was a great experience. As one would expect from a Hilton, the property and room were impeccably clean and comfortable. While there, we were able to use the pool and restaurant. We weren’t even originally supposed to stay at the Garden Inn – we had been relocated from another hotel that there had been an issue at. Even still, we felt very welcome upon and arrival and throughout our stay. All of the staff, from housekeeping to the wait staff at breakfast (which was awesome!) were extremely friendly and helpful. The person who most stood out the by making us feel especially welcome was Kimberly at the front desk. When my sister wanted to buy an energy drink and Kimberly discovered the hotel store was out, she gave my sister one from her own personal supply.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay with us. I am glad that we could make you feel so welcome and that the staff was able to go above and beyond during your stay with us. Even though we were not your original hotel when you came to town, we hope you have now found a new hotel when in the area.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today!
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here because they were close to the airport. The place was all you would expect from a HGI. The staff was nice--even letting us grab a muffin from the pantry as we had to leave before breakfast opened. They upgraded our room to a King room with a living area. The pool was nice. My only issue, is that the place is in the middle of nowhere. It felt sort of creepy---especially with the security wandering the grounds.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIstlarpt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I appreciate the kind feedback regarding the hotel. I am glad we could accomodate you all with your stay. Even though a muffin is not as much as our made to order breakfast, I am glad that our 24 Hour Pantry was a great option for you. I do apologize for the isolation feeling. We do have security monitoring throughout the evening and overnight due to the amount of volume of cars at the hotel. Many people take advantage of our park and fly rates and we want to make sure all cars are protected at all times.

If tehre is anything else yo uwould like to mention or anything i can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thanks so much for your time and have a great day today!
Orlando, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean. Staff was not so friendly. Breakfast should be included in room rate. Fitness and Business centers were very good. Location was very good, quick access to highway and proximaty to airport and train lines.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIstlarpt, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdisor to review your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comments about the hotel and that it worked out for you during your stay. I do apologize for your experience with the staff. It is not acceptable for a guest to feel that the staff was not friendly to you during your stay with us. I do apologize for that and thank you for bringing that to our attention. This will be addressed to our entire team here.

If there is anything else would you would to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!