“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

You added Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4450 Evans Place Drive, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double your HHonors!
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
West Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here Dec. 28, 2012 - Jan 2, 2013 while visiting friends in Florissant. Check-in was a breeze - I think I had room keys within 2 minutes - and front desk person was very pleasant. Room 254 was new and clean. Really enjoyed having the microwave and small fridge, although that may have kept us from trying the restaurant for breakfast. The one meal we had at the restaurant was good - not great, but good. I took advantage of the fitness room over 3 days of my stay and found it to be well-equipped, both with exercise equipment and towels. There was a big family reunion/New Year's Eve party going on but we had no extra noise in our room on those nights. The only issue we had was on the last night when the heat apparently got stuck and we were blasted with 80 degrees - not easy to sleep in. Since it was our last night, however, we decided to open the window and just make the best of it.

Room Tip: Hotel is near the airport flight pattern, but no noticeable airplane noise from our room, which face...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that during your stay, you were able to enjoy our Precore Fitness center and take advantage of the microwave and fridge in the room.
I hope that next time your travel plans bring you to St Louis; you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest

Mohammed Kashif

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Alapaha, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Only in town for 1 night so I needed a place for just one night. This hotel was well reviewed so I gave it a shot. The location is somewhat close to the airport. The hotel itself was very appealing and the staff could not have been more friendly. The airport shuttle was nice too. My only criticism was that the beds were so firm, I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. But other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday especially for making this a memorable experience for all of you. I apologize that you were not informed on where the adjustments were for the bed. I have talked to the front desk team and retrained them. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Warrensburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Loved it. Would stay again especially if flying from airport. Great location. Great parking. Transportation to and from airport was wonderful. Everybody was extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and updated and quiet. Loved Joe the shuttle driver. He was exceptional at his job

• Stayed December 2012
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you while you were away from home.

San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I arrived early by about an hour and they were able to accomodate me and check into my room. The room was lovely and clean. The staff helped me to find a restaurant open late, a gas station to fill up my rental car, and provided a toothbrush when I spilled nail polish remover all over mine. I thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub and pool and their office and exercise centers were great. Parking and internet access was free. I ate dinner and breakfast at their restaurant, in which the staff was extremely friendly and genuine. Overall, an excellent place to stay near the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Carbondale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I drive to St Louis and fly out, always looking for a place to park and fly. The hotels near the airport are dumps, so I have been looking for a nicer place. This Hilton Garden Inn is just the ticket. New, clean, nice, and much quieter then the places right beside the airport. Free shuttle on the half hour. Leave your car for a week too. For park and fly, this is my favorite place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Cedar Falls, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We chose the Hilton Garden Inn due to the ratings on TripAdvisor and to take advantage of their Park, Stay, Fly option. The property is located a couple of miles east of the St. Louis Airport right off of I-70 so it is easy to find and easy to access from the interstate. Planes arrive and depart coming almost directly overhead as the runway to the airport is in line with the hotel. I didn’t notice much, if any, plane noise during my stay. I checked in late and left early in the morning so I didn’t get much of a chance to really explore the hotel, but check-in was smooth, the room was nice and the shuttle took us to the airport at the time requested. We did run into problems with the shuttle when we arrived back in St. Louis from our trip. I called the hotel to let them know we were ready for pickup and waited at the correct spot at the airport but the shuttle didn’t come. After 3 calls and over an hour of waiting a shuttle finally showed up. I don’t know what happened but this ultimately will make me re-think my decision to stay here again using the Park, Stay, Fly option, especially when I saw nearly all of the other hotel shuttles drive by several times. If I were on a visit to St. Louis, I would definitely consider staying here again as the rates near the airport are decent during weekends. A perk is it is near the Metro train station (probably a half mile walk over I-70) which can take you to downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to complete a survey from your recent stay with us. While on vacation, I am excited that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton Garden Inn while you were with us. I do apologize for the delay in the shuttle service. I can assure you that I will personally look into this matter and will make sure that we rectify this issue.

I really do appreciate this feedback and if there is anything else I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at mohammed.kashif@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day!

Yours in Hospitality,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I arrived at 5pm on a Wednesday and the front desk had a lovely platter of cookies available for the hotel guests. SO. GOOD.

I had a room on the third floor and it smelled really good. I thought the beds were ones that you could adjust the firmness, but they were normal spring mattresses with nice thick layer of soft foam on top. Or maybe i just didn't search hard enough for the firmness adjuster.

In the morning, Kimberly was such a helpful clerk, since I locked myself out of my room...twice. She also gave me a breakfast voucher even though I didn't change my HHonors Gold preferences until late the night before.

The fitness room is quite spacious with free weights, cardio equipment, and a multipurpose weight machine. The pool room is decent. I didn't go swimming, but from what I saw, the pools were not big enough to actually have a legitimate swim. But hey, they're indoor pools, so who's to complain, especially when it's snowing outside?

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday especially for making this a memorable experience for all of you. I apologize that you were not informed on where the adjustments were for the bed. I have talked to the front desk team and retrained them. Kim was elated that you mentioned her name. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Mohammed Kashif
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!