“Great Stay- and there's cookies!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4450 Evans Place Drive, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Airport Parking Deals
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Houston, Texas
“Great Stay- and there's cookies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I arrived at 5pm on a Wednesday and the front desk had a lovely platter of cookies available for the hotel guests. SO. GOOD.

I had a room on the third floor and it smelled really good. I thought the beds were ones that you could adjust the firmness, but they were normal spring mattresses with nice thick layer of soft foam on top. Or maybe i just didn't search hard enough for the firmness adjuster.

In the morning, Kimberly was such a helpful clerk, since I locked myself out of my room...twice. She also gave me a breakfast voucher even though I didn't change my HHonors Gold preferences until late the night before.

The fitness room is quite spacious with free weights, cardio equipment, and a multipurpose weight machine. The pool room is decent. I didn't go swimming, but from what I saw, the pools were not big enough to actually have a legitimate swim. But hey, they're indoor pools, so who's to complain, especially when it's snowing outside?

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Your comments are exactly what we love to hear and what we strive for everyday especially for making this a memorable experience for all of you. I apologize that you were not informed on where the adjustments were for the bed. I have talked to the front desk team and retrained them. Kim was elated that you mentioned her name. I want to thank you for your business as I do realize there are a lot of choices out there when you need accommodations.

Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Mohammed Kashif

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here at the start of November after walking out of the St Louis Hilton Airport hotel because they wanted to double the charge.

The Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport was clean, a few minutes away from the airport and a decent place to spend the night. The staff was friendly. Parking was free and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you while you were in St. Louis.

I hope that next time your travel plans bring you to St Louis; you will give us another opportunity to have you as our guest.

Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

1. The one lady at the front desk (forget her name) was so rude and not helpful. She talked down to me and acted like I was bothering her if I asked a simple question.
2. I found a pubic hair on a clean towel when we got to the room.
3. I ordered my 2 year old a ham and cheese sandwich off the kids menu. I was told it was a hot sandwich. Instead we got a ham and cheese wrap with a garlic mayonnaise on it. Who puts a garlic mayo on a kids sandwich?? Food was terrible overall!
4. I asked for a wine opener at 3pm and was told I would have to wait until the restaurant opened at 5pm. Like someone couldn't walk to the bar for me and help me out???
5. The women working the bar never cracked a smile or gave a "how are you?" when I ordered some drinks. Should not be in customer service.
6. I was also told by that rude woman at the front desk that if I wasn't on time for the 7:30 airport shuttle that I would lose my chance for a ride to the airport. Btw, I am a 33 year old mother. I think I can handle being on time for my flight home, thanks.

Do not stay here!! I am never one to complain, but I couldn't believe how horrible of a stay this was.

• Stayed November 2012
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear valued guest,

I am sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had.

I have personally talked to the front desk team and the food and beverage team regarding you issues. I can assure you that these issues will be rectafied.

Yours in Hospitality,

Petersburg, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed using the Stay and Travel rate. Found the facility to be excellent. Clean and quiet. Shuttle service was wonderful - pick up at end of stay was very fast. Driver very courteous. We were only at the hotel for a quick night's sleep - but being in St Louis prior to flight really reduces the stress when you have to travel to the airport for an early flight out. We found this rate to be reasonable - this hotel much higher quality than many that offer a special rate to leave your car. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: From reading other tips, we requested a room away from the highway. Our room was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made about the hotel and the staff. I glad that we were able to take care of you as you were starting your trip.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Really fine facility and staff. All that you would hope for in a hotel, and convenient to the airport, since I was passing through. They provide value and comfort with good cheer by the desk folks. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HGIstlarpt, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you while you passing through St. Louis.

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My elderly mother and I stayed one night before flying to Denver to see my sister and her family.
The non-stop flights all left early in the morning so this was a great solution since we live 2 hours
from the airport. The room was pretty far from the lobby, but we could park our car close to a door
that was very close to our room. The shuttle took us to the airport right on time. When we returned the airline had misplaced my luggage and we had to wait for some other flights to come in. After we decided my bag was not coming we went outside to call the shuttle and then we waited for him to come which seemed like a long time, but it really wasn't. Luckily we could see the baggage carousel from where we were waiting and low and behold my bag came rolling off.
So I got my bag and the shuttle came a few minutes later and dropped us off right at our car and
put our bags in the trunk! GREAT SERVICE!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you and your mother while you were going to vist family.

West Frankfort, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night before flying out for vacation. We live in Illinois, so the location east of the airport worked great for us. The hotel was super clean and had nice bedding. We went to a cardinal game first, so we checked in kind of late, then had to be at airport very early. They had an airport shuttle and hot coffee in the morning. That was about all we needed. Not sure if any breakfast was offered since we left so early.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. I do appreciate the comments you made. I glad that we were able to take care of you while you were away from home to take in a Cardinals baseball game.

Mohammed Kashif

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!