“Don't Stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Belton
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Don't Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

When I got there, even though I had a reservation, they didn't know if there was a room for me. Apparently, they had flooding and rooms weren't cleaned. As I was trying desperately to find another motel, they miraculously had a room available. I questioned them if it was clean, being I heard them talking about the rooms not being cleaned. They assured me they were ------ Horrible, horrible, horrible. I had a non-smoking room that smelled of smoke. We actually checked for bed bugs it was so dirty. (Slept on top of the covers). Unfortunately, there was not another motel around available. The next morning I noticed under the table a spider web with eggs in it. There were webs on the ceiling and lamp. Black dots (not paint) on the ceiling. We decided not to check too closely, being we had to stay. I would never ever recommend this motel. Next time, I'd sleep in my car instead of one of those rooms.
EditDelete

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brookfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Belton Econolodge. I have to say this isn´t a great place, but is IS cheap. The room I stayed in, 119 had light bulbs burned out by the bed, I thought the inside door knob was missing until i looked on the floor, and it was laying there. The light in the bathroom was held up to the ceiling by scotch tape. The room smelled musty like my grandmas basement and the internet connection is very unstable and diconnects alot. The morning breakfast offers waffles,off brand powdered donuts and honey buns, and assorted cereals served from the old coin style candy machines. Definitely not a place to bring a new bride or your mistress but if you need a cheap bed, it beats the homeless shelter downtown. The clerk wasn´t that bad but reminded me somewhat of a robot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jonesboro, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed for one night just passing through. The clerk was not very friendly, and when I went to get extra towels, she was sitting outside the hotel office door smoking. The room was clean, appeared to have new carpeting, and the bed was good; however, there were patched, unpainted places in the room and there was someone else's trash in the trash can. Price was mid-range.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ozark, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is an older hotel. The front desk staff wasn't overly friendly upon check-in. We were supposed to have a crib in the room, but there wasn't one there when we entered our room. We decided not to ask for one after we saw the room. Our babies slept in the pack and play we brought along instead as I knew that was clean. The room smelled musty. The carpeting looked old and worn/dirty. We wore shoes whenever we walked on it. The door wouldn't shut properly. My husband had to use his full strength to shut it completely. The bedding is very poor quality. The pillows are flat. The pool is very very small. Breakfast wasn't too bad considering the hotel experience. If you do stay at this place, do not pay over $50.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed for ten nights in April 2011, our room was cleaned every day and we could not fault the service for the price.

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Soap Lake, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while visiting our kids who live in Raymore. The service was excellent. They always had fresh coffee and an assortment of pastries in the lobby for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Republic, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

On October 2, 2009, I had to go to Kansas City, MO, for the funeal of a family member on the following day. I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Belton, MO. I have a hearing impairment, so I asked the desk clerk for assistance in making a collect phone call to my sister at my home in Republic, MO. She refused. When I later tried to make the call from my room, I connected with the same clerk who again would not process my call. I had to go to a convenience store down the street to get someone to help me. I have never heard of a hotel where you could not make a COLLECT call to your home. If I have to make another overnight trip to Kansas City, I will find a different place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!