“Good Thai.. Interest flavors, large portions.. We are going back” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai, Vegetarian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Thai.. Interest flavors, large portions.. We are going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed the curry, salad, soup and noodle dishes. good service. Pretty place. Must be one of the last places left with not TV playing... :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Wonderful Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I am a rookie Thai food consumer...so I don't know how much help I am to those who consider themselves experts. That being said, I can tell you that this restaurant is always spotless, orderly and quiet. It's so enjoyable even during a busy lunch time. Their menu is very appealing and their lunch specials are very reasonably priced and more than enough food.

Visited September 2011
“WILL NEVER GO AGAIN”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I want to start off saying I have been to Manee Thai many times before. Food is average to me, you get the same quality at any asian restauarant but at Manee Thai the value is at lunch (dinner is expensive for the quality and quantitiy). It is because of the attitude of the hostess that I will never return. I walked in 45 minutes before they close, asking for a table of four as I am the first of my friends to arrive. The first words out of the hostess' mouth were "You know we close soon right?". I answered with "I said I need a table for four, PLEASE". She rolled her eyes and sat me. Sat there for around 30 seconds before she came to me again. "Are they going to get here soon, because we are all leaving at 2:30". I looked over to the counter that hides the kitchen and there were 4 employees standing there staring at me. It made me feel like a jerk. My friends got there and we ordered. One of my friends had a coupon that was like 5 bucks off with a 30 dollar purchase or something. The server argued with us about it that it was only available at dinner when clearly on the coupon it said LUNCH ONLY. Finally after dissappearing into the kitchen for 10 minutes she gave us our whopping 5 bucks. I was just really dissapointed. I use to work at P.F. Changs and I would have gotten fired so fast if I EVER metioned that someone was coming in too late. You say you're open til 2:30, you take tables til 2:30. I know it's annoying when people walk in at the last minute, but if you don't want that to happen, don't own a restaurant. I will never come back and neither will my friends.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“My favorite restaurant in St. Louis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Manee Thai is not just my favorite Thai place, it's my favorite restaurant in St. Louis. The food is amazing, and the service is wonderful. The only drawback is the location, which is in a strip mall; and while the atmosphere is calm and pleasant, it's not especially fancy or elegant. Even though Manee Thai isn't the best place for a romantic date, we love the food so much we go here every year for Valentine's Day!!!
Our favorite dishes are the spicy fried rice, the drunken noodles, and any of the curry dishes.
A note for strict vegetarians or those with allergies: I learned on my last visit that anytime someone orders a tofu dish, the kitchen staff makes sure to clean all the cooking utensils and dishes so that no cross-contamination occurs.

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ballwin, Missouri
“Wonderful food, Outstanding soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

My wife had the Tom Gha soup and said it was the best she has ever had, the entrees were great portions for the price and the taste was some of the best Thai food I have ever had!

• Visited April 2011