“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Yazoo City
Lower Alabama
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Over the past few months. I've stayed here a number of times, and will keep returning. The rooms are clean, the staff is helpful, and the free full breakfast is great. The beds are especially good -- a restful night's sleep after a busy day.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
petep1801, Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Let me start by thanking you for completing Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 6627160930.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Pete Patel
Manager
BEST WESTERN Gateway Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cedar Park, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I quote the owners wife, "We have no control over bugs!" Our room was infested with spiders and centipedes! From the window to the bathroom on the other side of the room. We even had them in our sheets. When we reported it, they only said they would take care of it. There was no offer to reduce our rate or change locations. We asked about changing rooms and they said it would be the same in any room. Also the floor was filthy... wear your socks! Oh and the bed was as hard as a rock. I even felt like we were getting dirty looks from the staff anytime we walked by. Last time we stayed here, we made the mistake of using the pool. It turned my knees and feet blue. No joke. We have to visit Yazoo City sometimes, and we will never stay here again. I hear there is a Hampton Inn opening soon? Please???

By the way, their address doesn't work on online mapping sites and GPS devices. Best to put "Jerry Clower Blvd" in.

Best Western should be ashamed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

For the amount of money they charge, you would expect a lot better bed to sleep in. I have never slept in a more uncomfortable bed in my life. It was so hard I threatened to sleep in the floor. We, as a group, were there for a funeral of my mother, we had a total of 5 rooms reserved. We all had the same experience, terrible bed. There were crickets all in the rooms also. The attendant that was on duty when we checked in was very rude. We had ask for non-smoking rooms and I got a smoking room. I had to make three trips down to the desk to get both our keys to work. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless of course you have lots of money and don't care where you stay.

• Liked — Large and equiped room
  • Disliked — the hard bed
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Palm Bay, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2006

I'm going to keep this short and sweet....My mom and I stayed here while visiting a relative who happens to be a guest of the Federal Corrections facility down the road. I've traveled all over the world and I've stayed in ultra-luxurious resorts and I've also stayed in a motel that was on par with a crack-den back when I was in college. This hotel isn't is bad as a crack-den, but it definitely isn't the Ritz.

All we needed was a place to say for a couple of nights, so we weren't overly picky, but I have to draw the line when the hotel doesn't do anything to stem the problem (a rampant one at that) with the number of crickets inside the hotel. There were crickets all over this God-Forsaken town...it was like one of the plagues of Egypt had landed upon Yazoo City. We found crickets in our hotel room, in the bathroom & in my mom's luggage the next day. Granted, crickets are nice happy insects and are better than roaches, but I don't want them where I sleep. The hotel could use some major pest control. Plus, the place has a smell like a bottle of antiseptic exploded in the room. That wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that the shower was moldy and there was water damage in the bathroom and deiling tiles.

The place looks nothing like it seems in the picture...It's like it was prebuilt and airlifted onto a parking lot in the middle of a kudzu field. There is a whole lot of nothing to do here, but there is a much nicer Comfort Inn down the road. I recommend staying there they have free wi-Fi and a computer in the lobby for the guests to use, free of charge, for those of you without laptops. We will be staying there the next time we return...

By the way, the mexican resturant in front of the hotel, El Sombrero, has wonderful Mexican food!!!

Stayed September 2006
Kenefic, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2006

We stayed at the Best Western and it was a very pleasant stay. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We also seen the home where writer Willie Morris grew up with his dog Skip. He wrote the Book "My Dog Skip" and several others. The restaurant was down to home friendly and the food was excellent to. It was called Stub's. We also seen the grave of Willie Morris and the Witch's Grave to. He wrote about it in the "Good Old Boy and The Witch of Yazoo. That happened in 1804. Willie died in 1999 and the world lost a great writer. I highly recommend this lovely little town. We also seen the school that he went to. It is now a Triangle Vistor's Center. Jeannie Taylor

Been to BEST WESTERN Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!