“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 8 restaurants in Duffield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established in 1999, Godfrey's Cafe Bistro is conveniently located at the old butchers shop in the heart of Duffield, just a short walk from Duffiled railway station. We are fully licenced and offer our customers access to free WiFi.Our friendly staff, freshly prepared food and relaxed atmosphere make Godfrey's Cafe Bistro the perfect place to come to for a quiet cup of coffee, a hearty full english breakfast or dinner with family and friends. (children are always welcome).Our cafe is open daily from 9am until 4pm and our Bistro is open from 7pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays with our themed menu nights taking place on the last Thursday of every month. In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint, where possible, we source all our ingredients from local suppliers.
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I visit here all the time I love spending my Sunday mornings tucking in to the best breakfast around. The staff are welcoming and friendly and the food is consistently superb. The bistro nights are well worth a visit too!! I always recommend it to friends who are now also repeat customers. Keep up the good work!! :)

• Visited August 2013

86% Recommend
Bangkok, Thailand
“Friendly Local Bistro with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Godfrey's is on the main street through Duffield centre, and offers an interesting but somewhat limited menu, worthy of much more expensive restaurants.

The service is good and informative, and the food freshly prepared in the rear of the restaurant.

We had the lamb and it was quite delicious, accompanied by reasonable price wine.

Godfrey's is well worth a visit for a delightful and varied evening meal, away from "run of the mill" so often offered up in less capable establishments.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Consistently excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Yes, I know I've reviewed Godfrey's before but as it remains consistently excellent, I think it's worth making that point. So few places are either! My favourite starter wasn't on the menu. I didn't say anything, but Greg offered to make it, quite unprompted. As I don't eat there more than about 4 times a year, that's impressive. Prices remain astonishingly good value. My only criticism is that portions are perhaps a bit too large and because the food is so good, diners eat it all! I'd also prefer my veg less cooked, but that's unusual in any restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went to Godfrey's as a couple on a Thursday evening and had not booked in advance. We were given a table and three other couples came in a bit later so there was a reasonable atmosphere. The menu is simple with just a few choices for starters, mains and desserts. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing as it makes the choosing easy. There is a reasonable choice of wines by the glass and a bottle of water is placed on the table without asking and is not charged for. The food is good and tasty and I had battered haggis, followed by Moroccan lamb tagine and then eaton mess for desert - all delicious. The price is very reasonable - £15 for two courses, or £18 for three; our entire bill was under £50, which I consider good value. Parking is readily available close by on the main street.

Visited June 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, great night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My self & my husband had a fantastic meal recently. The waitress couldn't have been more pleasant & the food was delicious! A real gem in the heart of Duffield!

• Visited April 2013