“Surprising night out” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Duffield
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: One of the premier dining destinations in town, The Viceroy of Duffield is an upmarket restaurant on Tamworth Street serving up traditional home-cooked Indian cuisine. Perfect for family nights out and business dining, the restaurant is dressed with plush furnishings, fountains, and brass statues of lanterns and horses. Atmospheric and friendly, The Viceroy of Duffield is a colourful place to dine, and the extensive menu is complimented by a fantastic wine list, and staff are happy to source particular bottles on request. The kitchen at The Viceroy of Duffield specialises in Desi cooking, a traditional way of Indian cooking over slow fires that results in delicious dishes full of flavour.
London, United Kingdom
“Surprising night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I were passing through Derby for one night only. We were tired from traveling so we planned only to get a quick bite here out of convenience. However, the service, atmosphere and food were all so good, it turned out to be a very enjoyable night out. The staff made us feel so welcome that we relaxed and took our time through 3 (excellent) courses without feeling rushed. Thank you Fez and all the other staff who served us on Monday night, 28/10/2013.

“Amazing food , staff are fab too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Been to this resturant a few times and it never fails to amaze me . We went early doors it's 2 for 1 great value for money . I had the tandoori jumbo king prawn and when I say jumbo , I mean jumbo , they were massive ! . Came on a sizzler on a bed of onions , followed by curry sauce, mint sauce and salad very filling . Staff are always very friendly and welcoming , service great too. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting great service and excellent authentic Indian food.

Regards
Susie & Colin Robinson - Haynes

• Visited October 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Viceroy versus Anoki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I am writting this review about The Viceroy in Duffield which we have been to on a number of occasions.
It still remains a little bit cheaper than Anoki but the food is just has good.

Watch out Anoki, you can't afford to let standards slip!!!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and service! It's the place to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We have recently celebrated my sisters birthday here. The staff at the viceroy were very welcoming, friendly and attentive. The meal was superb and definately value for your money. Thank you for making my sisters birthday amazing!!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Wouldn't come here again personally”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The quality of the food was fantastic. The service was ok. But for myself I had the chicken tikka massarla and I was very disappointed tasted more like a korma out of a jar really didnt like it. The rest off the party really enjoyed there food but unfortunately not for me. But defo go give it a try

• Visited September 2012