“This place blows!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waveland
Anacoco
“This place blows!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I think this hotel is very ratty and disgusting. Crystal, the girl at the front desk, even offered me favors in return for compensation. I'm not gonna go as far as to say they are running an underground women of the night type place, but what i will say is don't leave your husband or boyfriend alone with these people or this staff. Deuces!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

If you are looking for a five star hotel this would not be your choice but if you are looking for a clean, quiet, cool hotel room with great service then this is your place. Being in a small town this hotel was excellent. Our a/c was leaking and when reported they came right away and fixed the problem. The staff was spot on and we always travel with our dog and the staff welcomed him as well. Again great stay, we had stayed years ago at the Coast Inn before Katrina and came back 5 years later and all was great. Minutes from the beach, Walmart and Waffle house you can't beat the price we had a great stay and will be back again next year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2009

We just returned from Mardi Gras. We choose this hotel because it was between New Orleans and Gulfport.

We were treated nicely and we will return again. It is a good place to stay. It was quiet and peaceful. It usually took folks until about 10:30 to get settled. After that, it was very quiet.

We were there at night. We roamed the area of that part of the gulf. I think Waveland has rebuilt as best they can after Katrina. Eating places were closed because of Mardi Gras., We didn't starve by any means. There are fast food places and small mom and pop eateries. I hope to go back in May. We look forward to trying out the food.

There is no swimming pool or eating place connected to the motel. They are still rebuilding.

I hope this helps and maybe we just aren't that much of a checklist person. It met our needs for 3 nights.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Cartersville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

I was traveling and decided to stop for the night. I checked in and was given room 129. I went to room 129 only to find it was someone's room. Did I mention it was 2am. Fortunately there was no one in the room at the time. I went back to the office and was given another room. The room is over priced and was not worth half that amount. The wireless internet never worked the entire time I was there. I spoke to the manager the next day and asked for a fair adjustment to my bill. "I was told it was an honest mistake and that ever since the new drug store opened the internet does not work good. I was not offered any type of refund. I will never stop there again nor do I recommend anyone else.

• Liked — The A/C worked great
  • Disliked — Attitude of management
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Traveler
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

At $87.19 this motel was WAY overpriced. I guess if you're near the ocean you can charge what you want. Of course one of the days I was here Hurricane Faye was passing through so...being near the ocean wasn't an advantage.
The staff are quite unfriendly. That starts at the front desk and filters down to the maids and all. In fact, I had the opportunity to speak to one of the managers and she was very curt and abrupt (if not downright rude) as well. It's interesting how this attitude can start at the top and just work it's way down through all the employees.
The rooms are actually a good size but the furniture is not in good shape - and that includes the beds. They don't offer any breakfast, the whole place is old and not well maintained. That coupled with the disdain of the staff makes for one very unpleasant stay.

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — The way the staff treats the guests
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
bsl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

made reservation through website. even called to make sure they had my room. got there and they had never even had me in the system and to top it off they were also sold out so there were no rooms for me to rent. i ended up in a seedy hotel for the night. when i brought it up to the manager, she treated me as if it was my problem not hers. i'm not too upset about the reservation mix-up as i am how i was treated by the management. unless i see a sign "under new management" i'm never returning to this hotel again.

by the way there is no pool or restaurant and the pictures they have online are of the hotel before hurricane katrina. it is technically a motel now though because the room doors are on the outside of the building. there was also a car break-in while i was there trying to sort out my reservation.

RENTERS BEWARE!!!!

• Liked — the room and support staff were nice
  • Disliked — the management
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2004

The people at Holiday Inn Wavelend seem to go out of there way to make your stay comfortable. As an example, during my last stay, I had requested a room with a fridge and microwave. When I got into my room, there was know microwave or fridge. I called the front desk, they explained that they were in the process of upgrading their equipment and that room had not been updated yet. It wasn't too big of a deal to me. However, about thirty minutes later, the Manager on duy showed up at my door with a microwave. She had gone to their storage area and found a microwave that had been taken out of a room cleaned it up, and personally carried it to my room. I've had similar experiences in my previous stays there. Highly recomended.

Been to Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!