“Unsafe and DIRTY ROOMS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Coast Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Coast Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   404 Highway 90, Waveland, MS 39576   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waveland
“Unsafe and DIRTY ROOMS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Upon arrival we were placed in a supposedly non smoking room but the room smelled horribly and had an ashtray in the room. We were switched to another room and my daughter found food in the fridge.then the blankets had some white stuff on it so we took the two big blankets off and bought blankets from the nearby Walmart. Then my daughter found shoes on side the bed, spilled drink on bathroom counter, caked dust on lamps and bed is open underneath with trash under them. We went and bought Clorox wipes to clean since we could not find another hotel in the area that allowed pets. We were finally about to go to sleep when my daughter noticed our 5lb dog eating something on the floor. He went back to the same spot to eat whatever he was eating and my daughter pulled him away to see that it was an aleve liquid gel pill!!!...found an emergency vet (the only one from state line to sate line) and had to bring him in. That was the most emotional experience I experienced with my daughter. Luckily they were able to give him charcoal and injections to keep his organs from absorbing too much. Then I had to pay the bill, which was caused from the hotels dirtiness!!!!... Very very disgusted with our stay... We were ther another night and the manager never tried to contact me at all after making a complaint on our way to the vet at midnight... Still waiting to hear from the manager.....NEVER NEVER will go close to that place again...the staff seemed nice but not nice enough to save my dog or keep a room clean

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gretna, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked my room on the internet. When we got there I was told we were not getting the 2 passes for the water park ,because I didn't call my reservation in. I will never stay at this hotel ,and I will let all my friends an family about this problem. Also they didn't have a continual breakfast, an they picket up the coffee pot at 10am.We stayed for 5 days 4 nights. Now the water park was great. The next time I go to Mississippi I will stay some where else down the road an I will drive to the park.

KIM

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marrero, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is completely disgusting. This whole place needs an overhaul! We were told they only updated some rooms after Katrina. Stop being so cheap and remodel!
The carpet was disgusting, after you walked on them for a little while, your feet started to turn black! Mold in the bathroom, something orange and nasty on a hand towel, which I don not know how the cleaning staff didn't see it. KY Massage oil paper on the floor by the nightstand, dirty fingernail under the mattress, and a bug (that after googling resembles a bed bug) under the cigarette burned bedspread.
This place would make a killing if they would just redo ALL of the rooms, and remodel them correctly instead of patching things to make it look "OK".
I would be embarrassed to work here. This place is a joke!

Room Tip: Choose one that is NOT here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Waggaman, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I brought my family and a few co-workers to the coastal inn for the weekend. I made our reservation on a Monday we arrived on Saturady. The person on the phone told me I had 2 rooms with the water passes, we could not check in to 3pm, but we could enjoy the waterpark begining @10am. When I arrived I went to the front desk and told them I need my passes for the waterpark I already had reservation. The front desk lady with the tat across her neck began to let me know there were no rooms,I explain that I had rooms I needed passes. When she looked up my reservation she began to tell me I only had one room, make a long story short she got other room for me. When it got close to 3pm we asked if the rooms were ready.She looks at us and said housekeeping sucks here ya'll will be lucky to get in a room today! We'll the room was ready at 3pm however She was so right about housekeeping. The room was nasty, carpet was gross,2 out of the 4 lamps worked ac sucked,no table and chairs,and one of the comforters had a great big burn hole in it,the celing had mold, and holes in it, the lamp shades had mold too! My co-workers room did not have a refridgratior and the one in my room was groos it had food and dirt in it.The stairs closes to the room were close and had tape across them becuase the were roitting.Waterpark was great but I will never stay at the hotel again. IT's a shame becuse it's in a great location and the have alot of stores around it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room was very smelly. The carpets were so dirty the kids feet were black under them. We had a table and 2 chairs. The other room didn't have any chairs. We had to go get pillow cases for one of the rooms. The first night my daughter said her feet were itching. We didn't think nothing of it. The next night she itched all night. When we came to leave I pulled the sheets back to make sure I didn't leave anything and there was a dead bug. I looked it up on the internet and realized it was a bed bug. I checked my daughters bed and found another dead bed bug. She went to the office and told them and they said "well the rooms get sprayed for bugs every week" didn't seemed suprise and said they would give us back $20 WHOOPIE! They never came to the room to see for themselves. Today my daughter couldn't go to work and had to go to the doctor for a steriod shot because of the itching. I will never stay at the Coast Inn in Waveland Mississippi again. We still didn't bring our luggage in because we are afraid to bring the bugs in our home. The kids did love the water park and you can go to the water without staying in that place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We planning a trip this weekend to Barnacle Bills cause it the only waterpark for miles around that is open this early in the season.. We had great time reading all the reviews.... totally priceless... Sounded like Bates Motel !!!! HA.... But called twice and made reservation which was very professionally taken.. Reservations online didnt include the waterpark package. Cant wait for our own experience.. Hope Cystal still working front desk!! Hi Crystal!! :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I was stranded for three days in Waveland, Mississippi. My car broke down & I was lucky enough to have found somewhere to sleep in. The moment I got there I was surprised how nice everyone where. They were willing to help anyway possible. Trust me, they helped more then they should have. Especially this main front desk receptionist. Her her name was Bridget Davis & she made sure that I was ok. Checked up on me often, made me feel comfortable. She offered more service then any other Inn's, Hotel, Motels I've ever been to.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Coast Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!