“Lose in the casino? Win with the hotel room.” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1010 Casino Center Drive, Tunica, MS 38664   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Lose in the casino? Win with the hotel room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I enjoy a good casino trip. We're not big spenders, but we really enjoy the "mini-vacation" we can have with a trip to Tunica. Gambling, while fun, can be tough for me because even losing 10 dollars makes me curl into the fetal position and rock back and forth continuously. Eating great food, staying the night, and valet parking are definitely the real excitement.

Lets start with food. What makes Gold Strike a real winner is that there are food options for every budget. They have what I consider a food court. You can get some somewhat affordable food there like hamburgers, pizza, and etc. Their buffet used to suck, lets be honest here. They overhauled it recently and it alone can now be worth the trip to Tunica. We usually catch it on a Sunday night and can't rave enough about the selection and quality (of most things). Looking to go big? They have a great steakhouse. Staff is really professional and the experience is nice. Like any quality steakhouse, it's expensive. If you're looking to celebrate, or you just won big in the casino, it's a great place to go.

Now... the hotel. If I'm not mistaken, Gold Strike is the biggest hotel in Tunica. Although I don't have hard facts on that- It's the only hotel/casino where you can see the building as you're pulling into town. That golden tower shines bright like a Willy Wonka bar with a golden ticket. I believe it's split into two sections, smoking and non-smoking. We're non smokers, so we always end up in that section. It's a tall hotel. Our last visit was on the 27th floor. The elevator ride was exhilarating and I needed to take a nap after I got to our room.

The rooms I've stayed in are clean and nice. Although there are non-smoking rooms, the casino is one giant smoke fest. Cigarettes, Cigars? All fair game. So it's hard for the rooms not to have a real slight smoke odor, but it's really not bad. It's definitely not near as bad as a smoking room. The beds are really comfortable and you get a nice little selection of pillows. It has a flat screen tv, but we don't typically watch tv.

Now, my (kinda) issue. Pricing is weird at this place. It's hit or miss if we'll stay here. The weekends used to be an absolute not for me. I could stay cheaper at Roadhouse or Hollywood. However, our last stay was on a Friday night and it was SUPER affordable. I don't know if we just magically caught them on a good night, or what. During the week it's very reasonable, but you can still find cheaper places in Tunica to stay during the week. The fluctuation is the only weird reservation I have about Gold Strike, but it doesn't affect quality- which is most important to me.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be identical. We like being at the end of the hall away from elevators, much quieter.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Hixson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our seventh visit to Goldstrike. The people who work there really care about your needs. We always order room service at least once during our stay. The food is delish!!!
Never disappointed. We go at least once every quarter. I call this "my little Vegas". You should try it. But beware. You will get hooked. :)))

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Denise V, Guest Relations Manager at Gold Strike Casino Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Keith O,

We are so happy to hear that your return visit to Gold Strike was great! We’ll do our best to continue to give you the kind of service you deserve. We look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Gold Strike - Your MGM Resort in Tunica
Camrose, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Rooms very nice and clean- staff friendly Checkin and out was quick- I found the food buffet a bit pricey food was okay- casino nice and enjoyed theatre show for christmas. would like to see no smoking in lobby area - nice to have no smoking casino

Room Tip: Rooms very clean
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Denise V, Guest Relations Manager at Gold Strike Casino Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear lacygirl16,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience and share it with everyone. We really appreciate! Come stay with us again soon!

Happy Holiday-Gold Strike - Your MGM Resort in Tunica!
Russellville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Did not experience very many smiles from any of the staff. Don't expect to many smiles or the feeling of being welcome from any of the staff. Walk by gaming tables, and you can almost hear the say, "Don't stop, sit and play. Move on, move on."

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Lowell, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I took our first trip to the Gold Strike Resort in December,2014. I was very surprised to see such a beautiful hotel so well decorated for the holidays and enjoyed every minute of my stay. The rates were reasonable and there was so much to do with other events near the resort. The food was excellent and not only were the hostesses and employees outstanding but they made me feel very important even the chef Jackie came out to say hello.. On my second day a lost a money voucher and within the hour it was returned to me by security. It was that day that I identified how important and committed all the employees were to their job. A day didn't go by that I wasn't greeted professionally and never had to say a thing. The last time I saw and met such valuable employees was on the Disney Line Cruise. The employees are cheerful, well groomed and sincere in what they do. There are other off site casinos that are within walking distance and offers entertainment on site. This hotel is a great escape for adults who are looking for a great time. The system is a very organized one with no wait times and the rooms are clean and spacious. We are looking forward to a return toward the middle of the year. It is just a wonderful getaway since we retired.

Room Tip: I stayed in 1505 it was quiet and the bed very comfortable. I noted that security was available in t...
Green Features: I enjoyed the organic food and beverages that were offered. Most of all I loved your no smoking area it allowed me to enjoy the casino. Mr.& Mrs. Nimon Lowell Indiana
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Nancy N,

We are so happy to hear that your first trip to Gold Strike was a success! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know you had a wonderful experience with our staff and throughout your stay. Also, I am very glad to hear that you love all our holiday decor because I love it too! We can't wait to have you back to visit us again!

Happy Holiday-Gold Strike - Your MGM Resort in Tunica!
Lenoir City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was a comp. room but everything was great. The casino staff and the Holiday on Ice show was great. Room was clean and large. There was no free internet but you can purchase by the day at a good price.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Abbey A, Guest Relations Manager at Gold Strike Casino Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Bob M,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent stay and share your experience with everyone. I really appreciate it!

I'm so glad you were able to enjoy Gold Strike during the holidays. The decorations and the show are my favorite!

Thanks again - Come stay with us soon! Gold Strike - Your MGM Resort in Tunica
Vicksburg, Mississippi, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

great rooms, good food, easy in and out of property, easy comps. Love how quite the rooms are. Business guys and gals, the internet is very good. The shows are well worth it too. I'm a monthly visitor and have only had one minor problem in my last 12 stays here.

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade if available
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear evenpar2,

I'm so happy to hear that you recent stay with us at the Gold Strike was enjoyable! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. I really appreciate it! Your continued patronage means a lot to us. We can't wait to have you back to visit us again!

Gold Strike - Your MGM Resort in Tunica!

Been to Gold Strike Casino Resort? Share your experiences!