“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
FLORA
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a great 3 night stay at the Gold Strike in August, 2013. Check-in was quick and front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, beds comfortable and housekeeping was always done early in the day. All of the employees were very pleasant and went out of their way to say hello, good morning, etc. We ate at the Atrium Cafe for dinner one night and food was wonderful! We had snacks a couple of times at Quick Bites and everything was good. The casino was roomy and fun and the drinks were plentiful. It made a great getaway!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Kennesaw
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The GoldStrike Hotel is one of the best places to stay in Tunica. The accommodations are great. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are kept clean. The rooms are much better than at some of the nearby casinos.
The new Buffet Americana is a great experience. The food is fresh and plentiful and the food choices are too numerous to list. The food is outstanding, and the staff is at your service. It is hard to save room for all the delicious desserts awaiting you.
I cannot tell you abut the food in the other restaurants. The food at the Buffet was so delicious we kept going back each day for more.
The Gold Strike Staff have been well trained on customer service. They are friendly, eager to assist, and are knowledgeable about almost anything you ask them. What a pleasure to see so many smiling faces.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up facing the river- the view of the Mississippi is awesome!
Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We spent two nights at the Gold Strike Hotel and generally enjoyed our stay, however, there are a couple of things you should know before you book. The walls, floor and ceiling are not really soundproof and we could hear the TV next door and people walking in the room above us. Also, our room was not cleaned at 4pm, however, to be fair, within 10 minutes after I called, housekeeping came to clean the room and did a good job. But, the hotel is decorated beautifully and recently remodeled and is nice and clean!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wyandotte, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just came from Tunica, I stayed 5 nights at the Gold Strike..Check-in was very fast. I received a nice room on a high floor facing the parking area and other Casinos.(as I requested). This view will also let you see the river as well. The Hot Air Balloon Bash was the week-end I was there so I could look out the window and see the Balloons in the parking lot on Friday night..

My room was a good size, clean and very comfortable. The bed was so comfy I found it hard to get up every morning...I requested a frig. on check-in and it was in my room with-in 5 minutes of getting to my room..there was a charge of $25 for the entire stay (which for some reason did not show-up on my bill on check- out)

I visited the Buffet a few times and found the food to be very good..I had breakfast and lunch there and the food was very fresh and tasty. I found the staff to be very friendly, no matter what part of the Casino or Hotel I was in.

I ordered room service one morning and had the "Big Breakfast" OMG was it big..I have never seen such huge pan cakes in my life. They were the size of my plate..and they were just part of the meal..I got 3 eggs, bacon (about 10 strips) biscits (2 large ones) hash browns (large amount) and 3 large pan cakes..this was enough for 3 people let alone 1 person..

There is a coffee make in the room, and you get free bottles of water in the room as well as free WiFi..

There is no doubt that I will be returning to Tunica in the future, and I will be returning to the Gold Strike for my stay..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cordova, Tennessee, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nice to have a clean updated room to go to. The Steak House was wonderful. There was a hot air ballon show outside in the parking lot that was lighted and beautiful at night. The live bands were very good

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Southaven, Mississippi, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Visit was very good. I visit once a year to attenr the Walter Payton Celebrity Golf Tournament. I would like to come more and visit and eat and maybe catch a show and bring my wife. I live only 30 minutes away from GoldStrike. I do not gamble. The only issue I saw during the stay was the night the had the parking lot blocked off for the Balloon Glow and it made parking hard.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gurley, Alabama, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

will stay again , it was enjoyable.......enjoyed the upper floors, great view. beds were very comfy, bathroom were fully equipped. internet was fast...........the buffet was the bomb. very very good... slots were great . loved the selection. people were all fantastic

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Gold Strike Casino Resort? Share your experiences!