“Pretty Cool” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, Alabama
“Pretty Cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed and played two nights at the GS. Great rooms, loose slots and low smoke casino. Lovely pool complex. Buffet could be better. Go to Binion's steak house at Horseshoe for old school steaks. Very nice facility.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
De Soto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a good time here and the hotel and pool is very nice and clean. Ate at the Atrium Cafe which is 24 hours, it was good too.
The staff is friendly and other casinos are closeby. I would also recommend Paula Deen's restaurant at Harrah's, good southern style buffet.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Some of the reviews were not great. I decided to stay here because overall the reviews were good. I was impressed with the lobby as we walked in, though we were checking in early we were checked in without question. I appreciated the staff they had in the lobby greeting you as you walked to the elevators or into the casino, it made me feel secure. Our room was very spacious and just as we ordered NON-SMOKING. Room and bathroom were very spacious. It was perfect. if....if I was going to say anything negative it would be that I booked well in advance and I could not get a king bed, I got two queen beds. I did not realize until we got there how enormous the hotel is and my first thought was that they should have a room with a king bed somewhere in this huge hotel. At registration I was informed they did not have a king available. BUT, it worked out. Hubby and I ended up having our own beds and were happy anyway. I also appreciated that they gave me an option of a high or low floor room. Casino was good, I'm from Los Angeles and I am not used to people smoking in public. But I have the option to walk away. The parking lot has security driving around 24/7 so that's always good. Great place, if I'm back in this area I would definitely stay here again.

Markham, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Poker Room one of the friendliest---Pit Boss' treat you right---Poker Room Rate good---Table Game variety good--slots pay well----Overall service is a PLUS!!! Atrium Restaurant was fantastic quality and service----Enjoyed comps from table play here---Presentation of meals was THE BEST! Personal service overall made our stay here reason enough alone to return to Gold Strike again---All the way from Canada too! I tell you all---it's worth the drive to Tunica for a guaranteed good time at Gold Strike. We'll definitely be back again and again!!!

Room Tip: Entrance lighting could be brighter--but cleanliness is a priority here= a comfortable and safe stay
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was an awesome hotel and casino. It was very clean and the staff went way above my expectations. The rooms were very clean and the bedding was very comfortable. It was an great get away from where I live.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Indianola, Ms
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

i expected to win more money! the slots are not as loose as i want them to be for the amount of money i played. the room and food was good. i expect to come back later this year wtih friends and family menbers. i hope to win more money and wil play more if i win more. i would like to receive free spa treatments also when i visit again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Fayetteville, A
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, staff is friendly. You can walk from your room to the casinos. There are plenty of food options. The Atrium serves breakfast all day.
You don't have to drive anyplace once you arrive. I always stay there when I go to Tunica.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Gold Strike Casino Resort? Share your experiences!