“A great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Tunica Resort

You added Americas Best Value Inn Tunica Resort to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Tunica Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4250 Casino Center Drive, Robinsonville, Tunica, MS 38664   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stockbridge, Georgia
“A great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have never used Tripadvisor until I found out about it by the plaque at the front desk. I think this is a great budget hotel for older people such as me and my wife on a fixed income. They were great people and had great rooms. The grounds were a little shabby with overgrown grass but besides that I can't find a complaint. The rooms were very clean and organized. The television was on CNN just like I prefer! The breakfast was good. I wished they had more things like waffles with whip cream and more of a selection in fruit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
accordkyd, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Tunica Resort, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank you for your help in providing feedback for the next guest. It really does mean a lot that you have taken the time out of your busy schedule. We are under new management and a lot of renovation has been going on around our property these last few months. Comments like yours definitely gives us a feeling of accomplishment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

The hotel cannot be beat when it comes to customer service. I had a great time talking to Ashley and the night auditor... even though I can't remember her name. They never seemed rushed and they were so willing to listen to me as I rant and rave about my husband. The rooms were as they had advertised. They had recently had a renovation and new management from what Ashley had told me. It was disappointing to see some of these other views from last year. I can tell they have really put in a lot of time and effort to get this place back up to par. The breakfast is not grand but also it is not shabby. It filled the spot and did the purpose.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for the comments. The night auditors are Cerise and Sonya. The will be happy to hear that they had a direct bearing on this review. I can definitely relate to you with the service that Ashley gives. I have worked with her many days. She seems to always be in a cheerful mood. If you could take the time out to respond or even call me directly at the hotel with what you would like to see incorporated in the breakfast I will make sure to pass it along to the owner during our next staff meeting. We are always here for our guest even when they are in a bad mood.
Midwesterner007
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

The staff was the best thing about this hotel. I found the front desk staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel was supposed to have a recent remodel and the lobby looked clean and welcoming. The housekeeping staff did a good job cleaning the room. Even though the lobby had been refurbished, the room didn't look remodeled and the air conditioning wasn't quite adequate to keep it comfortably cool. The grounds staff was working earnestly on the outside but the pool had a lot of bugs and other flotsam in it. I didn't feel it was clean enough to let my child swim. Even though Hotwire sold this as a hotel comparable to a Holiday Inn Express, it wasn't as nice nor was the breakfast (bagels, doughnuts and cereal) nearly as good as that--but that wasn't the fault of the staff. It was just OK for the price we paid.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
abvirobinsonville, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Tunica Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Your feedeback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will stay with us again or at another one of our ABVI's located throughout the country.

Thanks,
Management
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Room #104 (AAA rate) $84.95 + taxes/fees
Room has not had a lot of attention to it. Large crack in bathtub floor, patched but crack still opened (where is the water going?), bad cracks in sink, toilet didn't flush that great, bed was bad. Breakfast didn't have a good selection at all. Room was quiet.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

The accommodations at this Americas Best Value Inn are above average. The room was huge (king bed), clean and comfortable. Great continental breakfast. Another hotel in the area is quite inferior to this one and charges three times the price. The staff here is very friendly and went out of their way to be accommodating, even to a snivelling, arrogant guest who was very difficult and expected five-star accommodations for a one-star price. You need a car or shuttle to get to a casino, whether you're staying at the ABVI, Ballys, The Grand, or Harrahs. Highly recommend this one.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Sylacauga Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

my husband was home for 14 days from Iraq. we wanted to get away and have some fun before his going back. I check the internet and thought I had found a great hotel. I made rev. for Oct. 24-26 Thurs. Fri.&Sat. leaving on Sun. I wa told the room price was $49.95 for Thurs. and $109.95 for Fri and Sat.each nite. I had made the Rev. late one nite and called them back the next night and told them that our weather was bad and I did not drive in the rain leaving them pleanty of time and told them we would we comming in on Mom. night and leaving on Wed. The lady at the desk said I still had to pay the rate that I had made for the week end. We arrived about 1:39am Tues. and left on Wed. I had called to let them know also that we would have a late check in. When
we got to the hotel i had to sign a reciept for our stay off my Visa card and I reminded him that we would be leaving on Wed. He said that I would not be charged till I checked out which in fact they had already played with my credit card on the 28th before
checKing in for $252.85 - $33.00 on the 30th. They lied and tryed to cheat us, I told the lady at the desk that I was going to report them to who ever would listen so they put back $109..95 back on my card. Having me paying $175.90 for a room that should have cost
$49.95 plus tax for 2 nights. The mattress were dirty and the room smelled. There was
enought space under the door for the spider (that i killed) to crawl in.
I think if the Lady at the desk and not been so ugly about all the problums that I would not be writting this. You can find much nicer hotels to stay at in the area.......BUT NOT THIS ONE......

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

If you are planning to visit Tunica, Ms. for a weekend of gambling/fun, then you might as well rent a car in Memphis and book a hotel at one of the casinos.
We were told this Inn was within walking distance to the main casinos. We were very disappointed when we discovered the distance to the casinos was over a mile and there was no way a person could walk to the casinos without risking their life on a very busy road.
The accommodations at this Americas Best Value Inn were deplorable, and disgusting. We had to change rooms 3 times in order to find a room that was suitable for sleeping and just relaxing. The linens, beds and towels were used and sub-standard.. They need to really upgrade their laundry/towel service with something of higher quality and sanitary standards. The halls had a smell of too much disinfectant and not enough actual "clean" space . Most of the towels and linens had hairs or stains on the surfaces. Yuccky!!! The management turns the A/C off in all of the rooms in order to save a buck on the power bill but this creates a "mildew effect" with mold complications in the long run. We got the run around on transportation because nothing is the area. We had to rely on private shuttles "to/from" the casinos. The best advice is to rent a car in Memphis and arrange accommodations at one other casinos to avoid this scenario - you'll be glad that you did.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Tunica Resort? Share your experiences!