“Just spent 4 days there” 4 of 5 stars

Hollywood Casino Tunica Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 Casino Strip Resorts Blvd., Tunica, MS 38664   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Big Rapids, Michigan
“Just spent 4 days there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Took my Mom and Aunt down for a trip. The check in was easy and quick. The room was clean and comfortable. Everyone we encountered was friendly and fantastic. The buffet was very good and the deserts were to DIE FOR. They have really stepped up their game in the desert department. The Creme Brulee and the individual Key Lime Pies in the case were in the top 3 I have had. I Used the pool and it was nice- they didn't have any towels out- but down the corridor I found a member of the housekeeping staff and he called for towels and they were there quickly to refresh them.
This is a great place to go- my Mom loves this casino and now so do I.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
burleson,texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed for four delightful nights in October.

Our room was in the older tower. We found our room spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bed is amazing. The amenities were nice and even included real cream for our coffee.

Check in and out was fast. All employees we encountered were friendly and helpful.

We really like the buffet. Although the food selections are limited, the food is fresh and well prepared. Buffet comps are very easy to earn.

The casino is nice with a good selection of games. The casino is kept very clean. Slot attendants are quick to respond if needed.

Thanks to Hollywood for a lovely visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugar Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We go once a year to an Ole Miss football game and always stay in Tunica for a couple of days. This time we decided to stay at the Hollywood Casino and Hotel. The price of the room was excellent for Thursday, but the price goes up for the weekend and we understood that going in.
As I get older, I seem to get more critical, but here it goes..... The first thing was when we drove up to the entrance to the hotel, there was no valet or anyone to help with luggage and no luggage carts. I went to the front desk and there was a line of people waiting to check in. This usually does't bother me, unless I see multiple stations and only two clerks working. Once I got to the clerk, check in was a breeze-(15 minutes later)
The room. The room was small in size, The air conditioning did not work correctly and was difficult to set, There was no luggage rack to set the luggage on, The desk in the room was small and placed in a corner so that two people could not be seated at the same time. My biggest bugaboo is the lack of electrical outlets. With cell phones, Ipad , hot spots, etc I would think hotels would add outlets to accomodate these things. The bed was not comfortable.
The bathroom was big enough, but there was no shelving for the towels, so they had to be stacked on the back of the toilet. The tub/shower did not have a handle in it to hold on to when getting in and out of the shower and the temperature of the water varied.
Even though the room was designed for four people (Double beds) there were only 2 coffee cups provided. ( I will say that we asked one of the staff to give us a couple of extras and they did make sure that the room had them )
On the positive side, the room was clean and quiet and I felt that the room staff were very good.
One other thing , driving in to Tunica were Hollywood signs advertising a 99 cent breakfast buffet for Marquee card holders. When I signed up for a card, I was told that I couldn't get that deal until after a certain amount of time.---another small disappointment.
While I would not call our experience horrible, I will stay somehere else next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Conway, Arkansas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel was nice - clean and comfortable. All we needed was provided so we had no contact with the hotel staff other than check in/out.
A prankster/vandal pulled the fire alarm around midnight our first night. It did seem to take a long time (est 1 hour +) to verify and clear the alarm status while the guests sat around or spent more time in the casino.
Apologies were offered over the public address system several times and when the all clear was allowed. No other apology was offered by anyone--management of staff for the inconvenience. Did they care?

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have no complaints, room was great, quiet, clean, and the bed was awesome, slept like a baby. Secure access to elevators and rooms, lots of parking, other casinos close by. Got $5.00 off coupon for buffet with card. Will be back on way back home. Very busy though, could use one more person at the desk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at Hollywood Casino Hotel past Friday night. It was quiet, clean & dated. Checked in during hard rain, No good place to unload out of rain, because of crowding by parked cars and no one controlling parking. Easy check in and out. Nothing special about casino.

Room Tip: lower number rooms are away from elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had not been to Hollywood for 15 years, didn't stay at hotel because we couldn't get comp room. I was surprised how changed it was, for the better. The casino was very clean, neat and well laid out. It is worth a stop just to view all the movie props and memorabillia and the displays. We thought the machines were a little tight, but I guess it was just early in the day and they needed to be fed more. At least you can get shuttle to get to Sams Town, if you aren't doing that great in casino. We went thru the campground which is nice and close for walking to the casino. Unlike the campground at Sams Town where you will have to walk a country mile to get to their casino.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hollywood Casino Tunica Hotel? Share your experiences!