“quieter than most Casino hotel rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Hollywood Casino and Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1150 Casino Strip Resorts Blvd., Tunica, MS 38664   |
Ranked #7 of 19 hotels in Tunica
Memphis
“quieter than most Casino hotel rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at Hollywood Casino Hotel past Friday night. It was quiet, clean & dated. Checked in during hard rain, No good place to unload out of rain, because of crowding by parked cars and no one controlling parking. Easy check in and out. Nothing special about casino.

Room Tip: lower number rooms are away from elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had not been to Hollywood for 15 years, didn't stay at hotel because we couldn't get comp room. I was surprised how changed it was, for the better. The casino was very clean, neat and well laid out. It is worth a stop just to view all the movie props and memorabillia and the displays. We thought the machines were a little tight, but I guess it was just early in the day and they needed to be fed more. At least you can get shuttle to get to Sams Town, if you aren't doing that great in casino. We went thru the campground which is nice and close for walking to the casino. Unlike the campground at Sams Town where you will have to walk a country mile to get to their casino.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Perryville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here for New Years and the hotel,casino, and rooms were very nice. Getting checked in was a nightmare and we had to wait behind people getting players cards and asking casino questions. The staff wasnt really friendly either. We are players card holders but probably will not stay in the hotel again even on a free comp.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Overall Clean But well used! Staff very nice. Will look for a nicer Hotel next time I go to Tunica. Nice Casino and Buffet was very good. hotel/casino is in a cluster of 3 with Resorts next door and Sam's Town across the street. The room we had was in the same tower as the pool. The room was average size and had a refrigerator in it and large flat screen tv.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Well, I didn't stay there this time but did visit. I must say that the last time I did stay here, a year ago, I wasn't impressed so opted out of the complimentary room offer to stay elsewhere. I would like to review the staff at this place. First of all, the last overnight stay here was not impressive. The rooms were outdated, not very clean and just in poor condition. Now, the staff has always been less than impressive here. They are rude, they do not greet you and tell you to have a good time, etc etc. We decided to make a quick visit to check out the slots and the final straw to this place was when we visited the customer service desk to retrieve a new players card. The attendant was extremely unpleasant and very rude. We had a few questions and she had extremely rude answers and acted as if she didn't have the time to even look at us, moreless help us with our questions. I told her to just remove my name from the Hollywood casino registry and that I would prefer to opt out of any solicitation that may be sent to me due to the fact that I didn't appreciate her attitude or any of the staffs attitudes. I go to spend my hard earned money and to have a good time but we were there for 5 minutes and were already treated terrible. I do not recommend this place at all! Now, if you want excellent customer service, I would recommend the Harrahs. Those people were extremely welcoming and obviously have had superior training in the Customer Service Dept. Stay away from Hollywood unless you want to be treated poorly!

Room Tip: As of August 2012, the rooms were extremely outdated and in poor condition as well as DIRTY!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jonesboro, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at Hollywood Casino this past week. I was not impressed at all. The casino floor is nice but the hotel is not that nice and the staff were pretty rude. Checking into the hotel is combined with the player's club center which is a nightmare. You have to get in line behind 20 people who are waiting to get comps or a new card for playing in the casino, meanwhile, hanging onto luggage, bags, purses, etc. after a long trip. There were only two women working. The one who waited on me asked me 4 different times how I wanted to pay. I answered each time but she was so preoccupied with everyone else's business, she couldn't focus on the task at hand. My transaction took maybe a whole 7 minutes after standing in line for about 20 minutes. This is annoying and unprofessional. Then she told me I was over in the 2nd tower, that way. She nodded off to the left. I had never been there so I had no idea that I was parked so far away, she should have told me to drive around but she was too busy with everyone else. The elevator didn't work at one point. The room was very plain and unimpressive. There were pictures of Rita Hayworth and Rhett Butler but otherwise, the room wasn't that nice. The carpets were terribly stained and our balcony door was welded shut. The bathroom had no towel racks and there was a tub mat on the back of the toilet that was dirty with brown cruddy stains then another tub mat on the tub. It was dirty as well. The towels were piled in a corner with hand towels and wash cloths stacked on top so that when you took a hand towel, you had a counter with towels and wash clothes and nowhere to put anything else. The toilet lid was stained yellow, which is disgusting. I thought that Hollywood was supposed to be a top-notch casino hotel. The one perk they had that counted as far as going there to gamble was that they have self-serve fountain drinks and coffee. We went swimming in the pool. At first, it seemed really fascinating because of the real palm trees but then we got a big taste of salt water and noticed the place was crawling with roaches as big as three inches long. The hot tub clearly smelled like urine. We saw no towels and asked a guy who was cleaning, where they were. He said we had to call the front desk and pointed to a telephone near the pool. We went in at 9 p.m. There were no clocks but the closing time for the pool was 10 p.m. We expected someone to tell us when it was 10 p.m. so we would get out of the pool. Instead, we heard the door get locked, with a padlock. Yes, I said they locked us in with a padlock because no one bothered to check the area. It was around 11 p.m. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and it was security instead. I said we needed towels. I didn't realize they had locked us in until the guy mouthed off that they had already locked up and good thing they came to let us out. The guy and a security guard showed up within minutes of the call to scold us about how we weren't supposed to be in there and we couldn't have a towel that they locked them up at 9 p.m. but we were in there at 930 and no one told us we couldn't have a towel. I asked what we were supposed to do because we would be dripping wet through the casino, or at least while waiting on the elevator. He said that we should have brought towels from the room. You know, the three towels we had for taking a shower. Then, the elevator wasn't working, so we had to stand in the very air conditioned area outside of the elevator, with no shoes or regular clothes on, just bathing suits because we weren't putting them on dripping wet to ruin them. My friend almost fell in the elevator and then when she got out of it too. We would have sued in a heartbeat. When checking out, I got the same lady as check in. She was just as rude and once again asked me over and over how I was paying while she was trying to talk to other customers and minding the other lady's business who was working with her. I tried to call to report the pool incident because the worker made us feel like we were criminals but it's never ok to lock guests in a pool area. I tried to tell the lady at check out but she didn't hear a word I said. I will never go back there. Of all of the casinos in Tunica, in my book, it is down there with Bally's which is the worst, bottom of the barrel. Don't waste your money or time! It is rated poor instead of terrible due to the casino floor being pretty nice.

Room Tip: Go to Goldstrike, Harrah's, or Fitzgerald's to stay in Tunica.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
West Allis, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the Hollywood Hotel Casino from June 8th-10th. We have been to Tunica before and but have never stayed at the Hollywood Hotel and Casino. The room rates were reasonable. This hotel/casino is in a cluster of 3 with Resorts next door and Sam's Town across the street. The room we had was in the same tower as the pool. The room was average size and had a refrigerator in it and large flat screen tv. This room had a patio door with a balcony. However, the door was locked shut and you were not able to use the balcony. We stayed in a room with 2 queen size beds. The beds were one of the hardest I have ever slept on. During our stay, there was a super wind storm a mile or so down the road which knocked down 30 wooden electrical poles. The straight line winds snapped them in half. This caused the power to go out from 6 PM Sunday until Monday night sometime. We had no power all night Sunday. It was hot outside around 90 degrees. The elevators to the rooms were working. There were lights in the hallways but no power in the rooms in this tower. We had no hot water, no refrigerator, no internet, no TV, and no lights. Thank goodness I brought along a small flashlight. We went to bed early. The next morning, we were told that the power should be on by noon. The pool was locked up and the buffet was closed. The casino itself was running on generators so the slot machines were still working. We left for awhile and came back and there still was no power. We asked at the front desk about being compensated and they said there was nothing they could do and they were rather rude about it. I had assumed the power was off at the other casinos but later found out it was just the three in this cluster. We had to get ice from the casino to bring up to the room as all the ice machines also were not working. The power eventually came back on sometime Monday night. The hotel should have comped us the night or somehow made an effort to compensate us as the only thing were were using was the very hard beds in the room. The rooms above the casino had power as they were on the generator. They never offered us to move to another room which had power. I feel were paying the same as the people in the other tower which did have power and amenities. We had slightly pulled up the covers on the bed while we were there. The maids never even made the bed. The only thing they did was place shampoo, lotion and towels in the bathroom. We were unable to take a shower that day as there was no hot water. I know the power outage was not under their control, but I believe that the staff could have handled the situation in a better manner. I don't believe we would ever stay at this hotel again. The casino was average. I did find a few machines on which I won. We ate at the buffet once for breakfast. It was closed most of the time. There were not many people in the buffet. The food was average. We never used the pool the whole time we there as it was locked up most of the time. We left Tuesday morning and checked into the Gold Strike. There was no comparison. The Gold Strike was more comfortable and the employees were much more friendlier and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the casino tower. If the power goes out, you will still have electricity from th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hollywood Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!