“NICE!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Tunica
Sanger, Texas
“NICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here on 7/16/2013 as an overnight spot on our trip back home. We checked in around 2PM even though the website said check in begins at 4PM.
We requested a room as far away from the casino and was given room 807 which was on the top floor and 4 rooms from the end of the hall away from the casino.
The room was very nice with all of the amenities you would expect to get at a !st class hotel for a lot more than $29+ tax for the night.
The dinner buffet was expensive but was very good! The slots were very tight to say the least but we would for sure go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The rooms we stayed in were typical old hotel rooms which smelled of faint smoke and general mustiness. The workout room was OK, the casino was overwhelmed with smoke, and food was overpriced. Because we had been there before, the rooms were free, so the price was right:)

• Stayed June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've stayed at Hollywood several times in the past and love the hotel as well as the casino. The room was super clean and I appreciated the amenities (fridge, coffee maker, etc.). The bathroom was very nice and clean and the bed slept really well. I love the casino and the restaurant/buffet inside. I would recommend this hotel/casino anytime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was only staying here for one night, but it was a Saturday night and I expected things to be crazy! However, I was pleasantly surprised!

I arrived around 4pm on Saturday afternoon and walked right up to registration and was quickly checked in. I asked for a high room if it was available and was given a room on the top floor. Very nice!

The rooms were clean. Smelled clean, looked clean, and felt clean. I was very happy in this department. The tub showed it's age but the bed, linens, tv, and furniture overall was in good condition.

I used self parking which was a breeze and I didn't have to walk far to get anywhere. employees seemed happy to have you there which was always a plus!

The food options were nice with the buffet and snack bar. I didn't do much gambling (I was there for work) but the friends I was with seemed to have a good time. The cocktail waitresses were coming by very frequently and the table games seemed to have a good vibe.

The casino floor was a little bright for my tastes but it was funny to see how the Missisippi law works and the casino has to be "over water". Since it's Hollywood the Titanic was on full display. Not sure if that's the best "vibe" for a casino though. HA HA!

Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Get to the hotel witch is on a died in street way back away from everything it wasn't to bad drive tho walk in an have to wait in line for like 5 min more to get room had one work an 6 counters only one open but they were very nice an fast when ya got up to them. The rooms were really nice an clean an we had are Lil girl so we took her to look at all the neat stuff they had in the lobby batman car extra .
We take her to pool witch was Lil dirty an the pool is only 4ft deep all over so we had to hold are Lil girl witch it 4 so not to fun an hot tub was down to ... The Buffet was great the worker asked if we wanted non smoking r smoking an there were no non smoking so she took us to we're the hight rollers sit an put us up there away from smoke witch was nice for us an r child ... So yes I would stay agin an hope hot fix next time ..

• Stayed June 2013
Georgia Mountains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was staying at the Resorts hotel next door and saw an advertisement for the $6.00 ham steak breakfast at the Hollywood's cafe. I decided to try it, even though I don't usually eat breakfast. You have to go all the way through the casino to the back wall. Just a snack bar, actually, but I ordered the ham steak breakfast. It came in a carry-out box, but the ham was gigantic! It also came with 2 eggs cooked perfectly, a large portion of hash browns, 2 pieces of your choice of toast and coffee or other drink. There was so much food that I took half of the ham steak and the toast back to my hotel and had a ham sandwich later on in the day. Very tasty! I recommend it for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

There is never enough employees. For example to check into the hotel there was one desk clerk on a memorial weekend morning. The line was very long because the casino desk was closed and didn't open until one so that means all the people that needed new casino cards or anything to do with the casino had to see the one desk clerk at hotel registration.

They are making everyone get new casino cards so the lines were long but to make the one hotel clerk do it on a holiday weekend means this hotel/casino does not care.

The buffet has gone down hill. There is to many other casinos around to put up with bad customer service.

Room Tip: Go some where else.