“Fees and more Fees...beware!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel to your Saves list
Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1107 Casino Center Dr., Tunica, MS 38664 (Formerly Sheraton Casino and Hotel)   |
Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Fees and more Fees...beware!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

When we first saw this hotel .. It stated pay later when u get there.. Unfornately not true... They took first night room stay...before we even made it.. Than the same night my card was swiped again.. $40.00 for accidental fees...some of the staff were very unprofessional... Except for one nice employee...housing keeping was okay... The room had some stains...was scheduled to leave on 25th.. But decided to leave early.. Not impressed...should stayed elsewhere...will not recommend for sure

• Stayed September 2013

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our check-in experience was good--the girl was very sweet & funny. She let us check in early, waiving the $11 fee (as long as we didn't tell on her! LOL) and our room was fine. We asked for a room away from the elevator--we got it---all the way to the other end of the hall! It was ok though. I didn't realize that we had a smoking room until I saw an ashtray in the bathroom/vanity area. We are non-smokers, but we could not smell a lingering smoky smell---my husband is sensitive to that and he didn't know it was a smoking room until I mentioned the ashtray. The room is big & roomy...the bed was pretty comfy--my husband didn't even complain about his back hurting at all! The room was HOT when we got there...turned the AC down and it cooled off. In fact, while being in bed, it was actually COLD...which is much preferable to us than being sweaty while trying to sleep.

The staff was very friendly and nice--except the housekeeping staff was very interested in whether we were "checking out". I guess they were in a hurry to get rid of us for some reason??

I am not a giant fan of the casino at the Roadhouse, but I do love the Total Rewards beverage system, order right on the machine. MUCH better than "stalking" a waitress! I didn't win at the casino either, but like someone else said--I didn't win at any of the others either--my bad luck.

Also, on a side note for those who said that Roadhouse did not have a pool---we were told that we could use the Horseshoe pool--so there IS a pool. Also, just saying, from past experience, Tunica in and of itself is not a kid-friendly area---very little for children to do.

I would definitely stay at the Roadhouse again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Rooms were very nice. Housekeeping staff very welcoming & professional. They are actually more humble than the front desk crew. Valet guys are also very professional. The jacuzzi tub was a definite perk in the room. The bathroom was absolutely beautiful, set up like Ceasar's Palace. If you are looking for a place with a pool, don't stay there. No pool & it is not a place for children or teenagers. It's perfect for a romantic couples getaway. Awesome place for cocktails, eating & gambling.

Vandalia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was very skeptical of the hotel after all the reviews. Even more sure after my arrival. The décor is dated and different upon your arrival. It is kind of dark and dingy and I think to be meant that way, Upon our arrival the front desk personnel (Patricia and Charles) were wonderful! We checked in at 2 p.m. and were good to go. The hotel is in need of updating. As previously mentioned not every floor has an ice machine, and must be careful with the carpet as raised areas can be a trip hazard. Luckily, our room was clean and we had a pleasant experience unlike others. I have to admit the housekeeping staff is different. We were there 4 days. The first day we left a tip, and the room was ok but the maid forgot to leave coffee or cups. The front desk fixed this quickly. The second day they did not clean our room at all. I inquired at the front desk. The sent someone within a half hour. I provided a tip and she left so many extras on everything we did not even get our room cleaned the third day.

The beds were very comfortable, and as mentioned previously the room set up is more for couples as everything is glass so not much privacy. during bathing times.

The hours of the restaurant were not the most convenient, but the food and service was both very good when we ate there.

I would stay again due to how friendly the staff the was. Casino was not hitting, but then again we had no luck the entire 4 days we were there regardless of where we went. One major warning really nothing to do but gamble so 4 days here is a long time. It was our first time so lesson learned.

Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I needed a quick getaway to relax and this hotel was not the best choice. We checked in at 7pm. The room was poorly re-stocked and hairballs on the bathroom floor. Went to the ice machine to find broken. Went into the vending room for a bottled water to find "out of stock" machine. Awakened at 1215 am to construction noises. Construction restarted at 0600. Called front desk to be moved to new floor/room. The 2nd floor had large bubbles in the hall carpet that will trip someone. Room slightly better, minus the large, black, dead bug in the bathroom. Upon checking out, I asked if there would be a credit for the inconvenience? "No". We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask if there will be any potential maintenance or construction close to your room.
Albertville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This stay was just okay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate at the Roadhouse Diner several times. Food was good, prices pretty good. They advertised breakfast all day, but they didn't open until 11:00 and they closed at 9:00. Not very convenient for the customer. We walked over to the Horseshoe Casino next door, and they had 4 different places to eat in the casino. Roadhouse's one diner was near the lobby. The hotel and casino need updating. The carpet in our hallway needed stretching. It was so loose, it formed bumps. The whole place was kind of inconvenient. Lots of wasted space in what passed for the lobby. It appears from inside that the casino and hotel were two separate buildings at some point, and when they put them together, they got this awkward hallway-type thing. The casino was okay. We enjoyed playing the machines. The room was clean. Maintenance responded to a plumbing issue very quickly. We didn't expect much because of the low room rates, so I guess we got what we paid for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I can't say I have stayed at this hotel or have eaten here, but I have always been excited to gamble here. After 3 trips to Tunica the past couple of years, this property has always been the best for us to recoup our losses from the other casinos in the area. I play video poker, and I always find the games I like to play at this casino. On our two recent trips here this past July and before that spring break, I have always won enough to make our trip to the area worth while. Spring break this year I hit a Royal Flush, and this past July, I hit several four of a kinds. The drinks are free here if you are playing, and the service is outstanding. Take care of the waitresses, and they will always take care of you. Just entering the casino there is always a nice person smiling, opening the door for you, and welcoming you to this property. The only downside is the casino smells of smoke. But that's ok as I am a smoker anyway. If you want to go to a place that's friendly and doesn't beat you up at the slots, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!