Our check-in experience was good--the girl was very sweet & funny. She let us check in early, waiving the $11 fee (as long as we didn't tell on her! LOL) and our room was fine. We asked for a room away from the elevator--we got it---all the way to the other end of the hall! It was ok though. I didn't realize that we had a smoking room until I saw an ashtray in the bathroom/vanity area. We are non-smokers, but we could not smell a lingering smoky smell---my husband is sensitive to that and he didn't know it was a smoking room until I mentioned the ashtray. The room is big & roomy...the bed was pretty comfy--my husband didn't even complain about his back hurting at all! The room was HOT when we got there...turned the AC down and it cooled off. In fact, while being in bed, it was actually COLD...which is much preferable to us than being sweaty while trying to sleep.
The staff was very friendly and nice--except the housekeeping staff was very interested in whether we were "checking out". I guess they were in a hurry to get rid of us for some reason??
I am not a giant fan of the casino at the Roadhouse, but I do love the Total Rewards beverage system, order right on the machine. MUCH better than "stalking" a waitress! I didn't win at the casino either, but like someone else said--I didn't win at any of the others either--my bad luck.
Also, on a side note for those who said that Roadhouse did not have a pool---we were told that we could use the Horseshoe pool--so there IS a pool. Also, just saying, from past experience, Tunica in and of itself is not a kid-friendly area---very little for children to do.
I would definitely stay at the Roadhouse again.
- Also Known As:
- Tunica Roadhouse Hotel
- Tunica Roadhouse Hotel Tunica Resorts
- Tunica Roadhouse Casino And Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Tunica Resorts
- Tunica Resorts Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel opens December 18, 2009 in Northern Tunica County, Mississippi, just 12 miles from Tennessee state line at Casino Center off of the historic and official Mississippi Blues Highway U.S. 61. The 92,000 square-foot casino features 33,000 square feet of gaming space, over 800 slots and video poker machines, 36 table games, 2 pool tables, 2 beer pong tables, an electronic bull, designated motorcycle parking a fitness center and a gift shop. All 134 spacious and elegant suites contain a king size bed and, granite, marble and a Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.