“The place for gaming in Tunica.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel

You added Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel to your Saves list
Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1107 Casino Center Dr., Tunica, MS 38664 (Formerly Sheraton Casino and Hotel)   |
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, United States
“The place for gaming in Tunica.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I can't say I have stayed at this hotel or have eaten here, but I have always been excited to gamble here. After 3 trips to Tunica the past couple of years, this property has always been the best for us to recoup our losses from the other casinos in the area. I play video poker, and I always find the games I like to play at this casino. On our two recent trips here this past July and before that spring break, I have always won enough to make our trip to the area worth while. Spring break this year I hit a Royal Flush, and this past July, I hit several four of a kinds. The drinks are free here if you are playing, and the service is outstanding. Take care of the waitresses, and they will always take care of you. Just entering the casino there is always a nice person smiling, opening the door for you, and welcoming you to this property. The only downside is the casino smells of smoke. But that's ok as I am a smoker anyway. If you want to go to a place that's friendly and doesn't beat you up at the slots, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Goose Creek, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor that perhaps I had made a mistake when I booked our room, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can't say a lot about the casino because this was my first time ever going to one; however, I had a wonderful experience at the hotel. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room. There was no odor as some reviewers had complained. In fact, the room had a slight smell of air freshener or cleaning products. The linens were crisp and felt as though they were freshly laundered. The jacuzzi tub is a little small for two people, but I didn't expect it to be much larger. Some users had complained about the lack of privacy because of the glass shower. It's true; however, I would think that someone who booked this type of room would not have the anticipation of privacy--it's not exactly family friendly. The toilet is private and that's really all that mattered. The staff at check-in/check-out were extremely friendly and helpful. I was really impressed with this room for the price. I have stayed in much less for much more. I will definitely stay here again.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We spen one night here on the spur of the moment road trip. The hotel was clean but showing signs of its age. The staff was super friendly and always willing to help you. The room was large and bed was comfortable. There was some construction outside our room so it was kind of noisy early in the morning. We were there on a Tuesday night so it wasn't too crowed or crazy. The price per night was well worth the quality of the hotel. There was no pool but the hotel across the street had one you could use. That pool wasn't great because all of the rooms on that floor blew the hot air from the ac to the pool area. It was already 95 degrees so I didn't need he additional hot air. The hotel also didn't have laundry bags in the room. I was told they don't offer them anymore. It's not a big deal but I can't imagine they cost that much money. I would stay here again

Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I had visited Tunica two other times but almost five years ago. We decided to get away to the south for a mini-vacation. I booked a room for two nights but we ended up checking out after only one evening. The room was filthy, the staff was rude, the restaurants were just too bad for words. I felt we were in the middle of a giant flop house. The entire area has reallly gone down. The casino was not hitting for me or my husband. I will never visit this area again!!!!!

Zephyrhills, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Tunica Roadhouse when it was the Sheraton. We have also stayed at the Horseshoe. Came back to the Roadhouse because we like the spaciousness of the room and the hot tub! WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED! The room is not clean. The elevators stink.
We stayed FIVE nights. First night was okay. Second night we had less towels. The third night we had coffee but not sugar, creamers. We then went down to inform them of these issues. We also informed them that our room had not been vacuumed. We checked out after a five night stay and not once was our room vacuumed. Apathy is prevalent. Disappointed that there is no breakfast dining available. The dining room is open for lunch and dinner. The food is very mediocre. Never going back there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Clean large room with jacuzzi were the first things we noticed. The king bed was most comfortable. Blackout drapes were superior and the climate control excellent. As with most Casino Hotels, there is no free breakfast, but in-room coffee or tea is always ready for one to make for themselves. The staff was very helpful and friendly.
Negatives: The flatscreen tv was too dim to view and is preset that way so no one can change the brightness. Therefore, the tv is useless. They should just have a radio that tunes in tv channels instead of wasting their money on a screen that isn't viewable. This is why the rating is 1 star lower; could have been 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
McDonough, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed recently during a trip to Tunica. Having stayed at the other Harrah's properties, wanted to try the Roadhouse. Upon arrival, room door would not work and had to go to the front desk 3 seperate times to finally be placed into another room. When I did get into my room, the musty smell hits you. I guess that's the price you pay for having the jacuzzi tub in the main room. The bed was very comfortable, best part of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel? Share your experiences!