Saw the earlier reviews and thought I'd give it a try as I go to Tunica periodically, especially Harrah's properties as I'm a Seven Stars Member. The Valet staff was fantastic, much more attentive than both the Horseshoe & Grand. Check in was smooth, no delays. The room was much as you'll see elsewhere in Tunica . . . nothing special. The room appeared moderately clean until I dropped my wallet and looked under the bed, which hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner nozzle in years. Then I started noticing other things like the thick crust of dust on every lamp shade and atop other furnishings and the lack of cleanliness in the jacuzzi tub . . . which brings me to my next point, on each of the three nights I stayed, the sound of the jacuzzi as well those in it could be heard at various hours of the overnight and morning hours! Not a pleasant experience.
As for service, do not go to the small shop by the valet doors, all three staff I interacted with there were the most unfriendly, rudest individuals I've encountered on any trip to Tunica. Room service was good, prompt and very polite. The staff at the steakhouse were very nice but service was shotty at best, my waiter was polite but virtually avoided my table and served me ice cold red wine. When I brought it to his attention, he stated that it was an ongoing problem, doesn't seem that hard to fix. If you want a great steak dinner with superb service, go to LB's over at the Grand!!!
On to the casino, very very dirty, one of the worst in Tunica. Please keep in mind, it was also one of the loosest I've experienced in the area. Guess with that, I'll take the good with the bad. Hosts were non-existant, but all Harrah's Tunica hosts suffer by comparison to other Harrah's properties.
To sum up, I would never pay for a room at the Sheraton. A comp is only if you know what you're getting into and definitely don't have high standards as I did from the prior reviews. I refuse to believe the current ranking as # 1 or #2 in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel opens December 18, 2009 in Northern Tunica County, Mississippi, just 12 miles from Tennessee state line at Casino Center off of the historic and official Mississippi Blues Highway U.S. 61. The 92,000 square-foot casino features 33,000 square feet of gaming space, over 800 slots and video poker machines, 36 table games, 2 pool tables, 2 beer pong tables, an electronic bull, designated motorcycle parking a fitness center and a gift shop. All 134 spacious and elegant suites contain a king size bed and, granite, marble and a Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tunica Roadhouse Hotel Tunica Resorts
- Tunica Roadhouse Casino And Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Tunica Resorts
- Tunica Resorts Sheraton