“better than you think” 4 of 5 stars

1100 Casino Strip Blvd., Tunica, MS 38664 (Formerly Harrah's Tunica)   |
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
“better than you think”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My hotel was Sam's Town, but I came across for a couple of visits.. I didn't win anything, but the dealers and floor people were extra nice at the blackjack tables Saturday and Monday afternoon. I am writing to mainly to compliment the buffet. While not as large as some others in town, and not as wide variety of items, I found the food fresh and excellently prepared. Though some asian dishes, it was mainly Southern comfort food, but surprisingly little just of just battered and fried everything.

Two stand outs, the carved turkey, which was moist and tasty, which is very hard to do well. Also, the humble hamburger steak was excellent. I believe they were hand patted and a gravy that may have been a mix, but fooled me if it was.

Comps for this buffet are insanely easy to get ... and I can't believe I am saying this, but was better than Sam's Town and the Horseshoe. Maybe next time I can win a little.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

If you don't like the huge crowds this might be your place. It has all the games, bells, and whistles. The buffet is not very good at all. It's probably the worst I've had at any casino. The rooms are adequate. The suites are actually very nice though. The prices are the best of all the casinos as well.

• Stayed January 2013
Decatur, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Resorts was a decent place to stay. It is not the best place in Tunica to stay but it is reasonable and has a great casino. We enjoyed the buffet (free) as well as 2 complementary nights stay. We like their tables and their staff .... friendly people. The buffet was average but the price was GREAT....only $1.00 if ya have to pay....ours was compt. We enjoyed our stay and will return for the Black Jack tournament in May. I won the Black jack tournament held on 4/20/13. NICE! $1,500.00 cash and $1,000.00 "promo" cash.

Room Tip: They have smoking and non-smoking rooms available.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia Mountains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Resorts in Tunica this week. They had the best rate in town of $24.99 per night. Can't be beat for the money. The room had a comfortable king bed. Actually, the 2 chairs needed updating - the springs sagged and it made you sit "in" the chair instead of "on" it. The large piece of furniture that housed 2 closets, 3 drawers, a refrigerator and the tv was convenient, although the 2 closet doors did not close well and squeaked when left standing open. Those are things I can live with. One thing I didn't like was that when I pulled out the night stand to plug in my phone charger next to the bed, there was a LOT of dust, along with a half-eaten bag of someone's pistachios behind it.
The sheets were nice and soft and the pillows smelled fresh. The bathroom linens were replenished daily, as were all the soaps and lotions and the coffee service. There was no desk to use my laptop on, other than a round table between the 2 sinking chairs, which you couldn't sit in and still reach the laptop on the table.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The casino was comfortable and had adequate table games and slots. The buffet was good, and was free with points from the player's card. The snack bar has free wi-fi, which is not available at any of the other casino hotels there, as far as I know. Most charge around $12 for a 24 hour period. The snack bar is also open 24/7, which makes it convenient to eat or get online at any hour needed. Plenty of electrical outlets too.
They don't have a fitness center or pool, but you can show your room key at their sister property in Tunica, Bally's, and swim there.
If you don't need any fancy extras, and want a quiet, comfortable room while you're gambling, then this is the place. I will definitely stay there my next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

There are good things and some not so good things about the Goldstrike.

The Good: All of the staff that we came across were very friendly and helpful.
Room was clean, and kept so each day of our 3 day stay.
Everything that was in the room worked, remote, heat/ac, TV etc...
Poker Room
Check in and out was very easy, and quick.

The not so Good: Buffet, still being worked on.
Price of food at the Atrium Cafe very high, food was cold as well.
I'm not a slots player, but played a little, if machines were any tighter
they would just reach right into your pocket and take your money and save
you the time of putting it into the machines.
Price of food at the cart outside the Buffet very, very high.
Casino way to much smoke, something should be done about this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

we stayed at Resorts for 2 nights. $25 a night! cant beat that! We visited and played at a few other casinos while we were there, but Resorts casino was our favorite by far! We played for hours and hours. ate ate Big Burgers while we were there and it was good! We played and earned our $1 on their members card and ate the buffet for nothing! It was ok, but hey, it was free. Normally like $15 or something. The rooms were clean, hotel was nice. our first night there we had no hot water, but they quickly fixed the issue. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, had a great time, and would definately recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
West Bend, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here the first day and the last day of our driving trip to Louisiana. First night was a room on the first floor and the second night was on the 4th. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. The price of $24.19 certainly couldn't be beat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Resorts Tunica? Share your experiences!