“A shoddy operation - avoid this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Holiday Special
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Oklahoma City
“A shoddy operation - avoid this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I made reservations a week ahead of my travel date thru AAA.com. When we arrived, they did not have our reservation (said "AAA failed to fax it to us"). They even told me I shouldn't use AAA to make reservations -- I needed to call hotels direct. (I've used AAA.com very often in the past and NEVER had a problem with a reservation.) They eventually found a room to put us in (after I refused a king room -- we're two female friends who did not want to sleep together -- and also refused a smoking room when we requested nonsmoking). Because they did not get my original reservation, they could not honor my request for a first floor room (I have arthritis in my knee and have trouble climbing stairs). As I was struggling up the stairs with my luggage, we were "dive bombed" by a bunch of WASPS. We were not stung, fortunately, but the next guest up the stairs was not so lucky -- he got stung. Altogether, a very bad start to our Labor Day trip. I WON'T STAY THERE AGAIN AND RECOMMEND OTHERS AVOID IT ALSO.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere other than Key West Inn Tunica.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The front desk clerk "Betty" is rude. If you have a clc card they will not honor it. They called and asked if we wanted our room cleaned our response was no just clean towels. We never received the towels. Terrible service and hospitality I do not recommend staying here and Betty needs fired!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I loved where we stayed! We we only 4 miles from the casinos! The service was great and when we got to our room I inspected it (as I'm a very picky hotel person). The room was spotless and the bed smelled clean and fresh. There were plenty of towels and the king sized bed was plenty big for my husband and I. The tv cable worked great as did the mini fridge and microwave. The breakfast was mostly quick eats like cereal, bagels, oatmeal, assorted pastries, waffles, and sausage biscuits. (Normal hotel breakfast) the staff was really courteous and really nice even though we checked in late around 11pm. They also have the option of checking out at 2 instead of 11 for only $10 more. They are pet friendly although we had no pets. Overall this is a great place for the travelers pocket book and in overall satisfaction! Will be staying again!

• Stayed July 2013
Greenbrier
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I enjoyed my 3 days and so did my dog's. Only bad thing was the grass was too tall for my pets to roam.
The room was clean and clean smelling. I was easy to get to most of the casino's. I plan to make reservations again to stay a weekend again.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, continental breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: Pets are only 10 dollars per pet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
North Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you scroll through all the reviews, you will see one written in August 2006 as user name "Mosenthin", in which I gave high praise to this motel. Sadly, the management has changed and the room quality has greatly declined. We travel to this area three or four times a year, and each stay has been more disappointing than the one before. Our choices are limited because we travel with our dogs. Our Border Collie exceeds the weight limits at most of the other pet-friendly lodging facilities, so no matter how decrepit the Key West became, we gritted it out and tried to make the best of it...but that all changed on the trip I am referencing in this review. We had made reservations and upon checking in to our assigned room, the first thing we noticed was the smell of room deodorizer (cloying to say the least) and the shabbiness of the room exceeded that of the last visit. The bathroom was none to clean, drapes did not hang well, etc.and that was just the beginning. Spouse went to get ice and machine was out of ice. We put our sodas in the microfridge and discovered it was not working, so we called desk and they told us where to look for the on switch. We soon learned why it had been turned off by a previous guest...it hummed/rattled so loud, we knew there would be no sleeping, so we asked for and moved all our stuff to another room, only to discover the TV only worked on a couple of channels. The commode wobbled, hair in tub...yuk! Called desk again and was told the only other non-smoking room would be upstairs (not an option) for senior citizens with geriatric dogs. We went back, hauling our gear, to the rattling fridge room and knew we would just have to make the best of it since it was a three hour drive back home. When I tried to turn on the lamp, it did not light up. Thinking it was a burned out bulb, took one out of the night stand light and looked down into the lamp to remove the bulb. The socket was broken, lying sideways with the bulb still in it...called desk to ask for replacement and was told she was the only one there and could not leave desk...would get one to us as soon as possible (still waiting on that...lol). Mattresses on both beds were stained. Having travelled with pets for decades, it is easy to assess the cleanliness of a room just by observing doggie behavior. If the area has been well cleaned, they enter the room, sniff around a little bit, then settle right down. Not so at Key West...they go all over the room sniffing mightily then jump on the beds and sniff all over the bedspreads. It is all too apparent that the spreads are not cleaned after each guest and the canines confirm it! Just do yourself a favor and skip this place until they make improvements. It was once a nice, clean, pet friendly place, with a decent continental breakfast. Now the rooms are abhorrent and the continental breakfast is sketchy, with absolutely undrinkable OJ. Husband says if you like Tang, you'll be fine with this juice. They have actually raised their pet fee since we stayed...now it is $15.00 (plus tax) per pet, per night. You'd think they could hire a maid and maintenance worker, huh???

Room Tip: Select another establishment until you see better reviews on this one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hanceville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The mattress had stains on them, the floors were dirty, the bathtub was dirty it had a black ring around it, it looked like it has never been cleaned. The heater when turned on smelt like wires burning butit didn't put out any heat, tried the fan it didn't work either, for the price I thought it would have been a good place to stay but found out it was just overpriced.

• Stayed March 2013
Muncie, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Last min. trip ...nice little hotel , clean with no problems...i plan on staying there on future trips..short drive to the casinos and only about 20 minutes from Memphis, tn.free wifi , comcast cable and fee pastries in the morning..

Room Tip: they will honor the online price in person...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Key West Inn Tunica? Share your experiences!