“Clean and Quiet, Pleasant Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in Tunica
atlanta
“Clean and Quiet, Pleasant Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

The lobby and rooms were clean. Despite it being New Years, the rooms were also quiet. The front desk staff was friendly and pleasant and check in was accurrate and fast based on my internet reservation. Convenient to casinos.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bartlett,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

The hotel room is very lovely. There is a caption tv in the room for all of the Deafs (100) percent but I was not even happy at all with their breakfast. So, I
just skipped breakfast and ate lunch with my parents some where else in Tunica
Mississippi. There are ( 2) beds in ( 1) room and (1) window bed to sleep in the
window.

Room Tip: I should not have marked swimming pool because there is no swimming pool at the Microtel Hotel in T...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Union
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

This hotel is just a quarter mile from Sams Town, Hollywood and Resorts casinos. It is very neat and clean, the staff are really helpful and the room was spacious and clean. The price beats the casinosprices and makes it worth your while to stay there and save your money for the buffets, gambling and gas.

Room Tip: The suites are just a fraction higher but worth the money.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Mantachie, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I booked this hotel because the picture on their website looked really nice and looked as if it would be very convenient. Boy was I wrong! When we first walked in our hotel room, we noticed the smell was very musky and unpleasant. We did have a smoking room so we didn't complain about it to anyone. Then we noticed the part of the coffee pot where the filter goes was laying in the floor. Totally unacceptable. Then there was a piece of gummy candy stuck to the carpet that we had to pick up ourselves. As if this wasn't enough, when I started to use a bath cloth there were pubic hairs imbedded in it. This was enough to have a refund at least on one night. Does this hotel have any quality check points at all!? While we were checking out of our room, I informed the receptionist of how our stay was and this was her response, "Well, we can't do anything about it now; you should have told whoever was at the front desk when you noticed this stuff." Therefore, this is why I would NEVER recommend anybody to stay here ever!

Room Tip: Don't judge this book by it's cover!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Van F, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tunica Resorts, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
We certainly regret your having a bad experience with us. We checked out your room and talked to the Housekeeper that was responsible for seeing that your room was cleaned We also talked to the Supervisor that should have checked your room before you checked in so you would not have anything wrong within. Please come back and let us show you that this was a one time situation.

Van
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

TRAVELERS BEWARE!!! DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU CAN LOSE ALOT OF MONEY. “To call this a ‘fleabag’ hotel would be an unconscionable insult to both fleas and bags everywhere,” The rooms are not at all anything desirable, even for a budget and economy standard these rooms are poor. I had a room with 2 twin size mattress' and one of them was dented in on one side. $52.00/ night, I really shouldn't expect much right? Ok, so I roughed it out for 2 nights. On the day of check out, much to my surprise the room flooded. How did this happen? Management has no idea, but apparently it's my fault because the room was rented to me. So this cheap $52.00/night hotel that I figured I would just rough it out rather than get my money back because yes this is one of those hotels that does not have "Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back", yes this cheap dirty hotel ended up costing me $700.00, because they later took out another $500.00 from my checking account for water damages. They took money from me to restore their crappy hotel as if it was my fault. Never again will I stay here and I highly advise everyone else to stear clear of ANY Microtel Hotel & Suites affiliates. I have heard of hotels running scams to charge people for their rennovations, but unfortunately I actually experienced this time around. I even spoke to the General Manager who said he did not believe I purposely did anything and would drop the $500 additional damage charge. WARNING! the Management staff here is even worse than the room. Not honest, very rude, and will lie to you even if they are legally being recorded with your credit card company on the line...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Even though this review is over a year old, I still regret that this guest had such strong feelings about her stay here. Unfortunately, her comments contain many statements that are not true. This guest was very abusive, used foul language, berated the staff and badly damaged out hotel. We chose to only charge her a fraction of the damages her pet caused but she still thought we were being unfair.

If you read her comments you will see mentions of twin beds, which we do not have. She was surprised her room was flooded, but said her pet was locked in the bathroom and must have turned on the water. She had to walk through the flooded hallway to reach her room and her very upset dog and said it was only a little water and we should not worry about it. As General Manager I never told her that she was not responsible for the damages and, in fact, told her that our insurance adjuster told us the damage would cost well over a thousand dollars to fix. That room was out of service for several weeks while repairmen worked to replace all the damaged materials and paint the room, etc.

All of us here certainly wish this incident could have been avoided, thus sparing everyone involved a lot of pain.
Staunton, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday night. It was crowded. We do like the location. It is close to the casinos. However, when we walked into the room there is this different smell. I do not know if it is what they shampoo their carpets with or not but it was not a pleasant smell. The pillows were NOT good and when my daughter requested a second pillow the first time they said they did not have any. Later my husband requested and they found one. The blankets reminded me of a very thin piece of foam. Definitely not the soft and comfy type but almost scratchy. The staff for the most part was friendly. The breakfast was okay but when we got in the breakfast room about 9:00 most of the items needed to be replenished. Someone went and told one of the staff and they did add items. I don't think I would book a room here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
new market
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

i stayed in the hotel on feb 19th 2011 the hotel was very nice and clean the staff was very professional the only problemwith the hotel is that they need securoty because as we were coming back at 2am in the morning from a night of fun we were pulling into the parking lot and were approached by a man taping on ourin a grey hoody wanting us to role the window down i feel he was going to either rob us or try and take the car we managed to get pulled away from him and we got into the hotel but at that time i saw hom trying to gain acces to the inside of the hotel but luckaly he could not get in i just feel that if there was security there that may not have happened so if you are going to stay there just be aware of your surroundings again the staff was very nice and the hotel cleans i just didnt feel safe there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tunica Resorts? Share your experiences!