“Harrah's Casino Tower” 4 of 5 stars

Edinboro
“Harrah's Casino Tower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Harrah's Hotel(s)
My wife and I stayed at Harrah's from November 2nd til November 5th, 2013. We were invited on a Harrah's casino junket, flying out of Youngstown, Ohio. I should mention, our flight and stay where "comped".
The plaque on the inside of our hotel room door stated, "$500.00 per night".(?)

Of Harrah's 3 hotels on property, we stayed at the one conveniently located next to Harrah's Casino, called “Casino Tower”.
Harrah's other two hotels, the Terrace and the Veranda, are way across the road on the East side of the levy, so you need to take one of the frequent shuttles to get to Harrah's Casino.
(For those not familiar with Mississippi River, a levy is an important geographical feature here.
On an occasion of river flooding, you will find which side you are on.) BTW, the Casino floats.

At the airport, before leaving for the shuttle to the hotel, a Harrah's representative gave us
our room keys (Room 12023) . We assumed we would be on the 12th floor.
However, the “Tower” only has four floors; Room 12023 is on the second floor of the “tower”
....very nice large room by the way. Since it was cool outside, about 60 degrees, there wasn't much need for added air conditioning or heat in the room.

On the second day of our stay, the in-room safe quit working, after I opened it; the touch screen display went blank. I called the main desk and and told them it may need a new battery. They said, “We'll send someone up to show you how to use it.” (I could not use it, the screen was blank) After an hour, nobody came, so we took all of our cash and went down to the casino (risky). Later, I personally talked to security, and they got on the radio to report (to who?)our safe needed a new battery. By the final day of "casino frenzy", we didn't have enough cash to bother using the safe. It was still not fixed on the morning we checked out. I placed a note in the open safe,
“THIS SAFE NEEDS A NEW BATTERY. REPORTED TWICE ON NOVEMBER 3RD.”
Hopefully it's fixed for the next customer.

P.S On our last day, about a half hour before leaving the casino for our shuttle back to the airport,
I hit the MAJOR AWARD on Raging Rhinos slot machine. $920.00 !
Thanks Harrah's

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Mr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed 10-3 they 10-6-13. From check in with Felicia (a sweetheart) to check out, everything was perfect!! Hotel (terrace) was great. Clean, great friendly people. We will be back,!

Waretown, New Jersey, United States
“Not happy with service at all!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The hotel itself was clean although showing its age.....But the hotel staff, behind the front desk were not helpful at all, we wanted information on tours of Memphis, and they told us they had no info, but at Harrah's Veranda Hotel, they had all the tour info. We also asked about restaurants in the area, they told us to eat in the casino.....?????????? When later we found out there was a nice place to eat in the shopping center (that we did not know was there) across the street. The valets did not go get our car, they told us where to find it, and then put out his hand for a tip! We visited Tunica in 2012.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“It's an older crowd and older venue.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited Harrah's during our stay in the area for the Diana Ross show. The property, once inside, is typical of other Harrah's properties we've visited. The place was very empty however and the people that were there were mostly seniors. The venue for the show was very small, so there was not a bad seat. We visited a restaurant afterwards and there was where we encountered our biggest hiccup. The staff began arguing over who was going to serve our group, hinting that we were tipping well. While we were flattered, I thought it was inappropriate and unprofessional for this to have occurred in front of patrons. Being from Vegas, I compare all our stays with properties back home, so maybe I have to lower my expectations when out of Nevada. The staff was friendly to us though and you definitely get value for your money.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Paula deens restaurant is absolutely the best, I had all southern food. Fried green tomatoes, turnip greens, BBQ ribs, black eye peas, cornbread, sweet tea, cornbread dressing. Desert key lime pie and Lemmon pie every drop was the best food I've eaten on our trip. Recommend to one and all....

• Visited September 2013