“2nd time we stayed just as good as first” 5 of 5 stars

Cottage Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4325 Casino Center Drive, Tunica, MS 38664   |
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
St. Louis
“2nd time we stayed just as good as first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

I love it. We travel to Calhoun City MS every year in Apr for a family reunion. We always take our wiener dogs with us. When we want to go to Tunica on our way home we stay at the Cottage Inn. I have not found a reason to complain about anything in the room or the service. The price is very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2008

Where do I start....Upon arrival I was very disappointed. When we first walked into the room we notice right away that the carpet was not clean and there were ants inside the room. Once we tried to get settled in and got ready to iron we had to walk back to the office to get an iron. While ironing we killed at least four little spiders. We had to turn the refrigerator on to keep our drinks cool. The bathroom was unbelievably dirty and there were big hairs inside and outside the tub. There was also mole around the tub and sink area. While sleeping mosquitos were buzzing in our ears. The building is definitely in need of remodeling. This hotel should be closed down until they meet better standards. This is this the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and I will never stay there again. I guess we paid the $89 plus to sleep on the tempur-pedic mattress because that was the only good thing room had. Please donot be fool by the outside of this hotel. This hotel does not deserve a half star. If I were you I would "speed up when passing the The Cottage Inn."

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

I stayed at the Cottage Inn twice in the month of May 2008. I have a bassette hound and she is spoiled beyond belief. I have traveled a lot with her and every place we have stayed she was so unhappy. We took her to the Cottage Inn both times with us and the instant she got there, she acted like she was home. We have never found a place she was comfortabe until the Cottage Inn. The place was quiet and very nice. The personnel at the Inn were very friendly. The only problem we experienced was the housekeeping Guy. He was unfriendly and appeared to be extremely lazy. However, we managed to overlook him and enjoyed the stay at the Inn both times. I hate to let everyone in on this secret place but felt I had to give the place a nice review.

• Liked — Internet
  • Disliked — The housekeeping.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbus, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2008

This was our first stay at Cottage Inn. We had stayed at Tunica last year at the Best Western and three years ago at what is now Resorts Casino.

At first glance, we were pleased with the Cottage Inn. We did notice, immediately, that there was a hole through the sheet rock in one place.

The more time we stayed in the room, the more disappointed we became. There was mold in the bathtub area, the door knows inside our unit were very worn and one begin to notice the need for painting overall.

The ice machine was not working (the only one on the property), and they had the small refigerator in the room turned off when we checked in.

The room was only $89 plus tax, and it is only five minutes to the Horseshoe area, 10 minutes to Hollywood and Sam's Town. This was a rate that we received on a Saturday night.

So, for the money, I guess we got what we should have expected. We also had our pet with us, and this was one of only two hotels we could find that would accept pets. However, we were disappointed overall and will not go back to this property again unless it is our only option.

Stayed January 2008
Little Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

My husband and I LOVED it. We like to take our dog with us whenever possible. We didn't know what to expect but had been disappointed with the previously tried "pet friendly" lodging in Tunica. The cottages are actually duplexed cottages with charming floor plans. There's even an enclosed gazebo that would make this a great place for a reunion. Our room had a separate sink in the main room, plus a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. I read that some, but not all, have kitchenettes. Ours had a neat little round table with three chairs that was handy for snacks and take out meals. The room was spotless, the grounds were attractive and well maintained. We'll definitely stay there again. The Tempur-Pedic bed on a four poster frame, was a dream. Clean, attractive, pet friendly, helpful friendly staff, what more could you want?

Only thing I forgot to ask about is Internet service. I took my laptop but left my cord at work. Did boot up for a second to check a file and noted that there was wireless service but don't know if it is available to the guests or just for staff. It was password protected. Didn't matter to me this trip as my battery life isn't good but I appreciate having highspeed when I travel (with my laptop cord). If that's another amenity, they should advertise it.

Try this place, especially if you travel with pets.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
NEW MARKET ALABAMA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

Not bad at all!!!! my 2 little dogs Otis and Peanut loved it. This hotel is great if traveling with your pet. I must say the new temper pedic beds are "WONDERFUL". have stayed before will stay again. Nice large area to walk and play with the pets. Room was much nicer than Hollywood, Sams Town etc. And winning nice Jackpot of over $2,800.00 made the stay that much better.

• Liked — Pet Policy
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2006

Despite having made reservations at Resorts Hotel and Casino, we were turned away at the front desk because we brought along Mickey, our four legged family member, aShih Tzu. We drove back to Memphis to spend the night.
The next night a friend referred us to the Cottage Inn. We stayed in Cottage 6B and found it clean, spacious, quiet, with Micro Wave Oven and Frig. The King Size Bed was a delightful change from the usual Queen at other hotels.
Bring your own soap. It is not the Hilton. They provide plastic and styrofoam cups instead of glass, but the mid-week rate was half that quoted by other hotels for comparable accomodations, Plus the Family Dog was Welcome. Mickey had lots of room to run and exercise without inteference. Lots of spacious outdoor areas to do his business out of sight of other guests. We were pleasantly surprised and impressed with the high degree of privacy offered by the Cottage Inn. It is conveniently located just off the main highway going towards Bally's.

We highly recommend the Cottage Inn to others who travel with their pets, Mickey especially is looking forward to our next stay there. We spent four nights at the Cottage Inn and believe we received great value for a comparably low price. The Customer Service was excellent, and our room was cleaned daily after a considerate call from the front desk to make sure it was at a convenient time. They don't do that at the Hilton.
Helpful maps and directions were provided by the friendly desk staff. Five Stars for Cottage Inn!

• Liked — Privacy and Acceptance of Pets
  • Disliked — Styrafoam and plastic cups instead of glasses
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring your own soap.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!