“great stay with wi/fi advice” 4 of 5 stars

Fitz Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Lucky Lane, Tunica, MS 38664   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
West Seneca, New York
“great stay with wi/fi advice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

We used "The Fitz" as a home base for our visit to Memphis. Just a short drive. Great choice for our purpose. Day trips to city, nighttime meals & casino fun. Great rate - great comps. Room was wonderful with river view. (partly obstructed). Only downside if $11 per day wi/fi charge. This can be avoided simply by going to Riverpark Visitors center located directly behind hotel property on the Mississippi and using their FREE wi/fi. Will go again if heading in that direction.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chicago,IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

We stayed at the Fitz hotel for the first time and had a wonderful experience. Check-in was very fast and staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms were simple but comfortable, especially the beds. The bathroom was large and clean, with good water pressure. Tunica has hard water, which feels slippery to me, from the softeners added probably, which I don't like, but you'll get that at any hotel there. The hotel was quiet, good for sleeping. They have a beautiful pool and hot tub. Fitzgerrald's casino is one of the best in Tunica, great variety of slot machines. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
oklahoma city, ok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

This was our 2nd trip to Tunica, and last time we stayed at Hollywood Casino and loved the room and especially the bed was super comfortable! This time we wanted to check out Fitzgerald's and although we prefer Hollywood over the Fitz for the room...FITZGERALD's casino was very loose on the slots! We walked out $475 ahead and paid for our room + the seafood buffet and breakfast buffet in the morning and had lots leftover for the rest of our vacation!
The room wasn't that impressive at all. Its a little outdated with the clover wallpaper (its an irish looking castle on the outside which is cool) and the carpet....but the linens were fresh and we checked and NO BED BUGS which i was concerned about since there has been an outbreak all over the US. The tv is old school...no flatscreens here. I soaked in the bath and that was nice. We got a room with a "view of the river" but it wasnt like I thought it would be and we had to look far off to the corner to see it at all. I believe you can walk down to it though but we didnt have time to do that with all the casino winning we did! Also, no free wi-fi here, so plan on spending 10.99 per day if you want that per laptop.
The service was excellent...we were very pleased with how nice everyone is. Not just the staff but just the people that were at the casino in general were all very happy. We did notice we were some of the only people are age (mid 30s) and most people were probably 50+. Not sure if that is a Tunica thing or just the Fitz.
i prefer next time to get a room not so close to the elevator. i would rather walk down a little bit than have to hear people walking and talking down the hall loudly.
We had a gift certificate for the Big Kitchen buffet at the Roadhouse Casino and it was $12.99 seafood buffet on friday nights. it was yummy and had lots to choose from, from seafood to chinese, to pizza and good desserts. oh and you can get little bottles of wine also and i think beer.
check out the factory outlets down the way...not too bad and you can find some deals.
Breakfast buffet was reasonable ($6.99 per person) and the bacon, hasbhrowns and french toast was just what I needed for a day on the road.
We would recommend this hotel for a one night stay, but if you want to stay longer, I would check out Hollywood Casino first.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

Just got back from a stay at Fitzgeralds. The rooms have really cushy beds and were very nice and quiet. The pillows are a little on the weak side but you get 4. We ate at several casinos and Fitzgeralds was by the far the most varied and best food. They do need to hire additional waiters to be more prompt with the drinks, though.

• Stayed September 2010
saint louis, mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

My fiance' and I had a three day stay booked at fitzgerald as part of our vacation plans. After being checked in proceeded to our room which was the last room at the very end of the hall on our floor keep in mind we booked our room months ago.After entering the room first thing we noticed was that the toilet needed to have a good plunging as the water level was at the top of the rim also noticed the room didn't have a refrigerator or safe and keep in mind we were here for a three night stay. So first thing I had to do was call the front desk to have them fix the toilet and find a refrigerator which was obviously missing from the room as there was a big empty space were the refrigerator should be. housekeeping did arrive to fix the toilet then the front desk called to tell me that no refrigerator could be found in the building keep in mind we were here for three nights stay. Apparently this hotel has a way to block cell phone signal because we never had a signal as long as we were in our room. The pool was cold, the hot tub out of order with a rope around it. We headed to the casino to play. Cocktail servers pretend to not see you sitting there playing the slots it was very difficult to get their attention to get a drink. The buffet was mediocre. After playing for several hours we thought we would check in player reward services to see if we could get a comp for two lunch buffets the girl at the player rewards desk was very rude wearing a frown on her face acting as if we were disturbing her she said she would give me one snack bar for one person knowing that there was two of us playing together couldn't even get two lunch buffets.This happened June 24th around 2:00p.m. on the second floor .Decided to check out after two nights at Fitz. Upon checking out on June 25th at 11:00 am told Randall the man working the front desk I would be leaving a day early as the hotel was not up to my expectations he said okay have a safe trip home didn't even ask if there anything he can do to make things better such as a different room he didn't even ask what was the problem.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

The reception was pleasant and efficient, however, the main lobby reeked of cigarette smoke. We were thrilled to get the 'bed & breakfast' special which allowed reduced rates and 3days of free breakfasts at the buffet. Just as exciting was receiving free buffet dinners with our Players cards on the first night.
The slot machines are great, providing a wide variety starting at 1c.
The buffet spread was mediocre, lots of greasy pork dishes.
The beds, as most people will say, are very comfortable but so high!
On the 10th, I went to Memphis to visit Graceland returning at 1pm with the hope of resting on a nice freshly made bed. Not so! I went and gambled some more before returning to the room at 2:30pm. That's when I flipped. The room was not yet cleaned and the housekeeper down the hall said it wasn't her room but that I should call housekeeping. I did.
I could not believe that WiFi was $10.99 per day....outrageous!! Even Day's Inn and Company offer free internet connection.
Overall, my stay at Fitz was pleasant and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Olive Branch, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband & I stayed on Sunday night. Check in is 3pm-6pm. Check in went smoothly, friendly staff. We had a Deluxe Suite, which run us $69 overlooking the river on the 8th floor. The room was nice but not what I would call a suite. We had 2 full beds that were pillow top & comfy. Deluxe comes with flatscreen tv & fridge. The view was good, but still mostly of parking lot. Bathroom was nothing special, standard tub/shower in one. Very small! We went down to the pool, indoor pool only, no outdoor pool just sunning deck with chaise lounges. Indoor pool was really small and smelled very strongly of chlorine, badly enough that we did not swim during our stay. We gambled some. I hate cigarette smoke & I must say after an hour in the casino I didn't smell of smoke at all! We ate dinner at Don B's steakhouse. Food was really good but exspect to pay for it. $117 total bill for 1 horderve', 2 dinners, no alcohol, no dessert. Hotel has been renovated in past few years & is tastefully decorated in brown & red earthtones. Monday morning we tried to order room service for breakfast, NO room service available Monday-Thursday! :(

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fitz Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!