“Some Good, some bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Olive Branch, Mississippi
“Some Good, some bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

My husband & I stayed on Sunday night. Check in is 3pm-6pm. Check in went smoothly, friendly staff. We had a Deluxe Suite, which run us $69 overlooking the river on the 8th floor. The room was nice but not what I would call a suite. We had 2 full beds that were pillow top & comfy. Deluxe comes with flatscreen tv & fridge. The view was good, but still mostly of parking lot. Bathroom was nothing special, standard tub/shower in one. Very small! We went down to the pool, indoor pool only, no outdoor pool just sunning deck with chaise lounges. Indoor pool was really small and smelled very strongly of chlorine, badly enough that we did not swim during our stay. We gambled some. I hate cigarette smoke & I must say after an hour in the casino I didn't smell of smoke at all! We ate dinner at Don B's steakhouse. Food was really good but exspect to pay for it. $117 total bill for 1 horderve', 2 dinners, no alcohol, no dessert. Hotel has been renovated in past few years & is tastefully decorated in brown & red earthtones. Monday morning we tried to order room service for breakfast, NO room service available Monday-Thursday! :(

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed at another casino hotel while in Tunica. Went to the Fitz twice
while we were there. Loved the buffet--All the staff was very friendly and
helpful--Visited 4 casinos and lost money at all EXCEPT
the Fitz. Will see how their rooms are on the next visit.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

My husband and I just celebrated our 21st Anniversary at the Fitz. We stayed for five nights. Our rooms were clean, comfortable and had a great view of the Mississippi River. We loved the coffee pot, refrigerator and safe in the room. The food at Don B's steakhouse was phenomenal. However, we always enjoy the Buffet amd the many choices for all three seatings. But, best about the Fitz, are the many wonderful employees that are very gracious and accommodating. We never wanted for drinks in the casino, and the casino hosts, especially Fuzzy and Vickie, always take great care fo us. We recommend the Fitz to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Tunica. They have great monthly room rate specials. March and April specials were $35 per might Mon-Thurs with the breakfast buffet included for $35 per night!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Fitz on Feb23 and 24 and had a great time as usual. The room was very clean and comfortable. The beds are super comfortable. The casino was fairly busy as usual but the drink service was still excellent. Senior Wednesdays are a great idea. I won $75 on one of the senior drawings. The new buffet is probably the best in Tunica. Huge selection of well prepared dishes. We stay at the Fitz three or four times a year and we are never disappointed.

Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

We have been staying at Fitzgeralds for years and just came back from a recent trip. The rooms are very nice and clean with a refridgerator. We had a great view from the window. In the mornings you could see barges going down the Mississippi river and an overview of the deck. The buffet has a big selection of food which is very good. No complaints there. What I really like about Fitzgeralds is that the casino and hotel are connected so you don;t have to walk outside or take a shuttle bus from the hotel to the casino as in some other places in Tunica. Also liked the pool and hot tub. I had it all to myself one morning. They are very good about sending out comps and I don;t know where all the negative reviews are coming from. Some people just are not satisfied with anything. Our experiences have been positive. Another plus is the good bands that they have playing there in the casino.

Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fitz, Feb. 17-18. I had to leave for about 6 hours to attend a funeral. We returned to to hotel about 4pm and had to leave for another emergency. I talked to a "supervisor" about being charged for our room that night. I felt sure that the room could easily be filled right away. The supervisor on duty, told me very rudely that because it was after 11am, we were being charged for that night. I do understand policies, but this lady showed no empathy. We had to leave and pay for the night. I would've been happy to have another night credited. I will tell all my friends about this and never return to Fitz in Tunica again. Can the Fitz really afford to compete with other casinos with employees like this?

MADISON,ALABAMA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

When i stayed room was clean farily well the food was excellent my thing is i spends good money down there more than i should way over my budget and the sad thing about it i never get com a free room for a weekend.I really dont understand thatthen i call to ask for com room for my trip in feb and they nothing to offer me.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends

Been to Fitzgerald's Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!