“What a great night we had here.” 5 of 5 stars

Fitzgerald's Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Lucky Lane, Tunica, MS 38664   |
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Tunica
Camberley, Surrey
“What a great night we had here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We got checked in for $39.99 per night with a free breakfast buffet. The rooms wer clean and the beds very comfrotable. We signed up for the key club membership and were told to return to the desk if we got 25 points on our cards to spin the wheel twice. Well we all did that and got a free evening buffet and money on our cards plus our friend won her room free for the night.l The Staff were all very friendly and spoke to us as we moved around the hotel and casino, where we did not do very well but thats the fun of using the machines. The buffets were both excellent the evening one offered a good variety of different foods and the breakfast was great food also.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor only one floor up from Casino. Not noisy and very convenient for restaurants.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went with my sisters to get away for a weekend..Requested ajoining rooms - they gave us 2 rooms that connected, but the rooms were filthy! The carpet seemed almost "damp", the curtin liners were torn and old and stained, bathrooms had not been cleaned properly - they ended up moving us to rooms next door to each other, (NOT what was requested)! These rooms were not much better, but after traveling 700 miles, we needed to get our feet on the ground. I ended up with bug bites all over my legs. We went to the Steakhouse for dinner, the male manager there was a complete jerk...thought he was being humerous, but wasn't. 8-10 years ago, Fitzgerald's was my favorite casino in Tunica, but something has gone drastically wrong!! We did enjoy the music, a band that played Motown, and we had fun with the other guests dancing in the aisles. Other then that...next time we are staying at Gold Strike!!!

Room Tip: there are no "good rooms" at Fitz anymore
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently I stayed at this hotel and the room cleaner stole money from my purse. I left my purse in the room and went to eat breakfast, gone for only 45 mins. I return to room to find housekeeper in my room with door closed and her cart parked directly in front of my door. The problem I have with this is usually they park cart on the side of room and prop door open. Secondly, if u booked for multiple days u usually place door hanger for clean up. I reported to authority and as a result, I was told, this case was dropped because she is covered by the "innkeeper law of Mississippi". I have been staying at these hotels in Tunica for 12 years(very often) and have never ever had a thing stolen from me until now. And for authority to 1) speak to me very disrespectful and short; and 2)hang up on me and offer no remorse for the employee within their service group. I went online and read this article which covers them for stealing from the customer. This law states we should take all our valuables everywhere we go or lock them up with front desk (in a summation). As the youth of today say REALLY! Please be careful of your valuables when in a Tunica hotel because "it's ok for them to steal from us"!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Gaming is wonderful blackjack !!! Buffet was excellent and rooms clean great stay. Free drinks when gaming and lots of options ... Didn't do well on the tables but that was do to the socializing and drinking . "....."...............................................

Room Tip: Don't understand some of these reviews we must have gotten lucky even though we left broke lol
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I came to Tunica for the first time this weekend for another couples anniversary. They hadn't been here in 10 years and they raved about how fun Fitzgeralds was. 10 years ago that may have been true, no longer! First of all the entire hotel including the lobby reeks of cigarette smoke, this includes the non-smoking floors. We waited in line to check in for over 20 minutes. No one was in a hurry. Our super upgrade room looked like a bad and dirty version of a comfort inn room with a king bed. Paid 149 a night. No one takes care to clean and wipe anything down in this place. Every surface, doors, counters, walls were just dirty. Our room would have been fine if anything was really clean. Everything seemed grimey and greasy and smeared. Icky! No sense of pride at all in this hotel! The casino was decent. We had fun listening to the band and playing craps. The buffet is pretty gross. Again, no one walking around cleaning at all! We did it once for the crab legs. It was mediocre. No place to get coffee in the hotel except the casino. Coffee pot in our room was gross. The only place to get food besides the steak place that I never saw anyone in at all was a snack bar. One night around 11pm, of course when everyone is ready to eat, we waited in line over 30 minutes then ordered a cheeseburger and fries and waited 35 minutes for it to be done. Just ridiculous. No one in a hurry to get anything done!! However, on Saturday we visited Ballys, Horseshoe and Gold Strike. I could of cried! Sooo nice, clean and really felt like Vegas! The American Buffet was awesome at Gold Strike. Whole lobsters , made to order stir frys, pizza and ice cream bar. All clean and well taken care of. And, this Buffett includes beer and wine! Bottom line, loved Tunica, hated Fitzgeralds. Free drinks while you gamble everywhere which is cool!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia Mountains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent two nights at Fitzgerald's in September and had a very nice time. The room was clean and well furnished. The only thing about the room I disliked was the "old" model television. I asked for a room with a view of the river and they obliged. I could watch the barges and tugboats going past on the river. The front desk employees were fast and friendly. No problems at all checking in or out.
The casino was fine - not a lot of slot payouts, but that seems to be normal nowadays. The craps table was busy and the dealers were friendly and helpful.
The restaurant (buffet) was much better than the last time I had been there. Lots of diversity in the food. They even had a Chinese grill where they cooked your food to order. I enjoyed the buffet very much.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for a top floor room facing the river.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The rooms are very dated (Tube tv's, scratch up 20 y/o armoirs, 90's furniture and head board, old carpet). The bathroom had rust around the door frame and the wall paper was hideous. Reminded me of something I would see at my grandmother's house. I reserved this room as part of a package deal that included tickets to a comedy show and the breakfast buffet. If I would have known the rooms were that dated I have got the package. At least the comedy show was funny.

I definitely won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fitzgerald's Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!