“I use to love this casino but they have thieves for room cleaners and they are covered by law.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzgerald's Casino and Hotel

Save Saved
You added Fitzgerald's Casino and Hotel to your Saves list
Fitzgerald's Casino and Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Lucky Lane, Tunica, MS 38664   |
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Tunica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently I stayed at this hotel and the room cleaner stole money from my purse. I left my purse in the room and went to eat breakfast, gone for only 45 mins. I return to room to find housekeeper in my room with door closed and her cart parked directly in front of my door. The problem I have with this is usually they park cart on the side of room and prop door open. Secondly, if u booked for multiple days u usually place door hanger for clean up. I reported to authority and as a result, I was told, this case was dropped because she is covered by the "innkeeper law of Mississippi". I have been staying at these hotels in Tunica for 12 years(very often) and have never ever had a thing stolen from me until now. And for authority to 1) speak to me very disrespectful and short; and 2)hang up on me and offer no remorse for the employee within their service group. I went online and read this article which covers them for stealing from the customer. This law states we should take all our valuables everywhere we go or lock them up with front desk (in a summation). As the youth of today say REALLY! Please be careful of your valuables when in a Tunica hotel because "it's ok for them to steal from us"!!!

• Stayed October 2013

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Gaming is wonderful blackjack !!! Buffet was excellent and rooms clean great stay. Free drinks when gaming and lots of options ... Didn't do well on the tables but that was do to the socializing and drinking . "....."...............................................

Room Tip: Don't understand some of these reviews we must have gotten lucky even though we left broke lol
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I came to Tunica for the first time this weekend for another couples anniversary. They hadn't been here in 10 years and they raved about how fun Fitzgeralds was. 10 years ago that may have been true, no longer! First of all the entire hotel including the lobby reeks of cigarette smoke, this includes the non-smoking floors. We waited in line to check in for over 20 minutes. No one was in a hurry. Our super upgrade room looked like a bad and dirty version of a comfort inn room with a king bed. Paid 149 a night. No one takes care to clean and wipe anything down in this place. Every surface, doors, counters, walls were just dirty. Our room would have been fine if anything was really clean. Everything seemed grimey and greasy and smeared. Icky! No sense of pride at all in this hotel! The casino was decent. We had fun listening to the band and playing craps. The buffet is pretty gross. Again, no one walking around cleaning at all! We did it once for the crab legs. It was mediocre. No place to get coffee in the hotel except the casino. Coffee pot in our room was gross. The only place to get food besides the steak place that I never saw anyone in at all was a snack bar. One night around 11pm, of course when everyone is ready to eat, we waited in line over 30 minutes then ordered a cheeseburger and fries and waited 35 minutes for it to be done. Just ridiculous. No one in a hurry to get anything done!! However, on Saturday we visited Ballys, Horseshoe and Gold Strike. I could of cried! Sooo nice, clean and really felt like Vegas! The American Buffet was awesome at Gold Strike. Whole lobsters , made to order stir frys, pizza and ice cream bar. All clean and well taken care of. And, this Buffett includes beer and wine! Bottom line, loved Tunica, hated Fitzgeralds. Free drinks while you gamble everywhere which is cool!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia Mountains
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent two nights at Fitzgerald's in September and had a very nice time. The room was clean and well furnished. The only thing about the room I disliked was the "old" model television. I asked for a room with a view of the river and they obliged. I could watch the barges and tugboats going past on the river. The front desk employees were fast and friendly. No problems at all checking in or out.
The casino was fine - not a lot of slot payouts, but that seems to be normal nowadays. The craps table was busy and the dealers were friendly and helpful.
The restaurant (buffet) was much better than the last time I had been there. Lots of diversity in the food. They even had a Chinese grill where they cooked your food to order. I enjoyed the buffet very much.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask for a top floor room facing the river.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The rooms are very dated (Tube tv's, scratch up 20 y/o armoirs, 90's furniture and head board, old carpet). The bathroom had rust around the door frame and the wall paper was hideous. Reminded me of something I would see at my grandmother's house. I reserved this room as part of a package deal that included tickets to a comedy show and the breakfast buffet. If I would have known the rooms were that dated I have got the package. At least the comedy show was funny.

I definitely won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stopped at Fitzgeralds Sept 18th because on-line they advertised Senior Buffet Wed for $5. Also advertised Slot Tournament free entry with 25 points of gambling. 3 of us got the required points and went to sign up and was told they changed it to Sundays. What a disappointment!!!! I told them they needed to change their internet advertising promotions. We proceeded to eat at $5 buffet, there was no one at the station, line was building behind us, finally someone shows up. You pay and then roam to where you want to sit. Overall the food was surprisingly better than we anticipated (good bread pudding dessert). We didn't win anything but did get to play longer on our money than at Gold Strike or Hollywood. I was told they have been bought out when I asked where the big leprechan was that greeted you when you entered casino. I noticed the name is now FITZ. One of the drawbacks to this casino is being by itself. If you are losing you can't walk next door to try and change your luck. I prefer to stay overnight at one of the other casino locations, but if you are out stop by...the workers are very friendly and helpful when you can find them.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The swimming area was restricted. Children, under 18 years old, was not allowed in the swimming area. This is not a family friendly hotel. No activities for children. Otherwise, parking was easy and conveinent. Friendly staff at the restaurant and great food on the buffett for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: This is not a family friendly hotel. No activities for children.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fitzgerald's Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!