We had an opportunity to return to Fitz's again this summer. This time, we actually stayed there because we were a given a comp for a free night's stay. I would have probably rated this hotel 2-stars, but they deserve some credit for giving us the free night.
The wait time at check-in was not really too bad. The line was long, but the employees at the counter moved quickly. There is a bit of a walk from the parking garage to the hotel, luckily we packed light so it was not much of a problem for us. The hotel itself looked rather run down and in need of some remodeling. Our room was small and very basic, and it felt very dark. One light did not work at all, the carpeting looked very old, and the bathroom floor was not very clean. The mattress on the bed was way too soft and squishy, and the sheets smelled bad. The floors were very thin, as we could hear the tenants above us "enjoying each other's company" around 12:30 in the morning. The topper was when we called for a wake up call the next morning, and no one called. Luckily, we set an alarm on my cell phone as a backup.
While we really appreciated the opportunity to stay for free, I can't imagine actually paying to stay here. If the management of the hotel wants to impress people and build a loyal customer base by giving them free nights, however, they should really consider giving those customers a better looking room. Otherwise, they will probably not return. Most people would rather pay a few bucks for a nice room -vs- a crappy one for free.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Fitzgerald's Casino and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzgerald`s Hotel Tunica Resorts
- Fitzgeralds Hotel Tunica Resorts
- Fitzgeralds Hotel And Casino Tunica
- Fitzgeralds Tunica Resorts