“Good time, OK service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Arkansas
“Good time, OK service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

This was a nice hotel. However, we did have a problem with our room. I called the hotel and ask what was different in a Pullman Suite than in a regular room. I was told all the suites had been remodeled and they all had 2 flat screen tvs. We don't get out much so I booked a suite online because online the suite was $89 where calling the hotel they wanted $159. When we got to our room it clearly had not been remodeled. There was no flat screen tvs, all that was any different from a regular room was a sofa, coffee table. So I was being charged $30 extra for that. I called the front desk and was told that the suites I was told about were on the 5th floor and up, we were on the 3rd floor. She said they were all out of other suites and lowered our rate to $49. Wouldn't have been a big deal but we just didn't get what we had been promised. They also need to do a better job cleaning the rooms. Our shower had an old bottle of half full shampoo in it, there were candy wrappers under the bed, and you stuck to the bathroom floor like you had been glued to it.

On the upside! The bed was very comfortable. The food was great and we won $150 on the penny machines!

I would stay here again, we did have alot of fun. I will just get a regular room and ask for a higher floor. No more Pullman Suites for me!

• Liked — The casino and the food!
  • Disliked — Pullman Suite.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2007

Check in
We arrived at the hotel around 7pm and did not have to stand in line to check in at all. Check in went fairly smoothly although the person who checked me in did not want to cough up the free buffets that came with our offer along with our free nights. She finally did let us have them though. Our reservation was all messed up and they had us in a smoking room but we was able to get non smoking. One thing that did irritate me was that we asked for a newly renovated room and ask if a refrigerator was available and she told us she could do the room but housekeeping was out of refrigerators. Well, the renovated rooms all have them anyway and I though she should have know that.

Our Room

We had a newly renovated King room which was extremely nice. Fitzgeralds has replaced their beds with really nice new kings which are very comfy. It had a down comforter and oodles of very soft pillows. The tv was a flat screen hd tv which looked to be about a 36 inch and we had a view of the Mississippi river. We had a refrigerator and a coffe pot in the room. I will say this though, and I learned this information from the vegas site, be sure and wash the glassware in your room, they do not replace them between guests. I took dish soap after reading about this on the vegas forum and seeing the video and washed all of ours myself. The bathroom was fairly roomy but nothing spectacular and it was very clean. We had a table in our room with 2 chairs and another chair and ottoman. Everything was very classy in these new rooms.

I would like to say that housekeeping kept everything sparkling clean and there was plenty of staff cleaning including in the casino bathrooms where someone was stationed. However, we were short a coffee cup and when I called housekeeping to get one, they were kind of short with me. The lady who cleaned our room did find me another cup and about 45 minutes after that housekeeping sent on up so they are not the fastest.

We did not eat in the steakhouse as we have to wait almost 2 hours there last time and the place was almost empty but we had the buffet several times and the food was very good. the service in the dining room was good too. With the buffets that came with our room, the ones that came in our mailing, and the ones comped in the casino, we never paid for any of the food which was great.

Pool and Hot Tub

we went to the pool and was going to swim but the pool isn't really heated that warm so we opted for the hot tub instead which is a nice size hot tub. No children are allowed in the pool or the hot tub so it was very quiet but I dind't see any children in the hotel either on this trip.

Check out was a breeze!!!

To sum it all up, we had a great trip in a fabulous room that was basically free except for what we spent in the casino. We definately enjoy staying here and will go back in a few months so don't take any of the negatives in my review as a deal breaker. I was jsut being truthful.

• Liked — The rooms are nice
  • Disliked — the service really wasn't hat great in the hotel
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

I have been going to Tunica, MS for appx 6 years and the FITZ is the best. We recently tried to stay at another Casino (SAMS TOWN) just to see the difference and NO COMPARISON to the FITZ > I absoulutley love the renovations that the Fitz has done. There beds are out of this world comfortable. Staff friendly, comps great - For all you first timers be sure to see the Promotions booth and get your Fitz card, use the card each time you play and watch the comps come - Free Buffett, Free Steak House dinner, Free Rooms etc.... Easiest COMPS in Tunica !!!!

• Liked — The Beds were out of this world and the newly renovations to the hotel were great
  • Disliked — I wish the Casino would not change their slots around so much. I miss the old nickle machines
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
St. Charles,Mo.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

My husband and I just came back from celebrating our 10th anniversary at Fitz's. We had a great time. The remodeled rooms are fabulous!! We had stayed at Fitz's before and it was o.k. .But now the whole look has changed..The service was great .The buffett was good.We will defintely. return to Fitzgeralds for many more anniversarys.

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

I have to say that the Fitz is not only a great place to stay, it's also a very nice place to gamble! Out of all the other Casinos in Tunica, MS (which are ALL great by the way) this one would be the one for you if you don't really want to do a lot of tables (which there are roughly 13 diff tables including roulette, craps..etc) and are into slots & video poker! The Fitz has got 2 floors; the bottom is jam packed with MANY different types of slots and "video" style slots ranging from 1 cent to $5 as well as video poker. The bottom floor also houses the tables. The 2nd floor houses yet another huge selection of slots & video poker and also is the home of the restaurants which are VERY reasonably priced. The buffet, before 4 pm is only $8.95 USD per person! Also the staff is friendly and they always keep you happy with the complimentary drinks as long as you are playing. I got ZONKED! Some warnings...Bring your own smokes if you're a smoker as it's $6 USD per pack if you buy them at the machines. I'd use cash as much as possible instead of Debit/Credit as they charge between $1 and $3 per transaction at the restaurants and doesn't show on your reciept. Also don't use their ATM's as they charge a ridiculous amount...if you just want to get $100 it'll end up costing over $25 in fees...bring money ahead of time or do like me and my wife did and drive for 2 mins to the gas station and use their ATM which costs $2. Overall The Fitz is a place for the money-minded gambler because of all of it's penny and nickel machines that DO pay out just as much as the $5 & up machines anywhere else, depends on how long you're willing to sit there and play. - JM (AR)

• Liked — All around great
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

Fitzsgerald Hotel and Casino Robinsonville, Ms
Tunica
Just stayed at the Fitz for 4 days and was very, very pleased with the hotel overall. All staff members we dealt with were very accomodating and professional. Our room was beautifully decorated, very clean and well maintained during our stay. Very quiet at night , sleep undisturbed.The breakfast buffet was great, lots of choices, staff very efficent and very friendly. Great parking, shuttle to other casinos available. Nice indoor pool and workout room. Gift shop could offer more choices. Lots of security on hand, felt very secure. Casino was very nice, cocktail waitresses were always available, cashiers and hosts very friendly and accomodating. The property was very clean at all times, cleaning staff always on top of things both in and out of the casino. Front desk and bellman were very accomodating. I will most definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Tunica. We visited all the other casinos in Tunica but the Fitz was the best..

Stayed August 2007
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2007

-My wife and I along with my brother and his wife stayed at the "Fitz" the second week in June. Wife and I had a deluxe room and my 'bro had a regular room. There is really not much difference between the two. The Deluxe room has a flat screen TV. Otherwise they are very similar.
-I found the casino table staff very friendly and accommodating. We played blackjack and the dealers were outstanding. I always wonder why people have trouble with dealers. The dealer wants you to win. It isn't their money and if you win, they win. Larger tips and it keeps the table in play. Comps are figured on how long you are at the table and what your average bet is. It behooves the dealer to keep you there. Read winning.
-I have yet to find a casino steakhouse worth the trouble. We always eat one meal at the casino's steakhouse and usually it's no better than Outback, if that. Done with casino steakhouses. The worst casino meal I ever had was at a Las Vegas casino. The cheapest thing on the Japanese restaurant menu was $85. I kid you not!
-Tunica is different in that you have to drive or take the shuttle to some of the other casinos. The Gold Strike, Horseshoe and Sheraton are close together. Sam's Town, Hollywood and Resorts are close together. The Grand is out by itself along with Bally's.
-At checkout I had to deal with the Casino host and Table Games Host. They were excellent. The minor difficulty was worked out and I was very satisfied by their professional demeanor and supurb problem solving skills.
-We plan to go back to the Fitz later this summer. You can't beat the Vegas feel anywhere but in Las Vegas. The Tunica experience is very adequate for some serious gaming, slots or tables.
-Remember, it's not how much you win or loose, it's how long you play and how much you bet.
-Good luck and enjoy the Fitz! You won't be disappointed.

-I would definitely recommend the "Fitz:"

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family