“home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Winona, Missouri
“home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The staff at this casino go out of their way to make your trip a pleasure. Nice, polite people that always seem to be in a good mood. Never having played the blackjack tables before I was fortunate enough to go to a table where Rubie was dealing. A very kind, patient person that will keep me coming back. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms nice. Thankyou for making me feel at home!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room we were staying in was nice, clean and well maintained. The room was actually larger than most hotel rooms and there was a refrigerator in the room. The bathroom was also very clean. There was a nice courtyard outside and we had a small balcony we could walk out onto. On the negative side I was surprised there was no public computer to use in the hotel lobby for guests. There was limited dining options in that they offered the buffet and a fine dining option and after 9pm a small snack area was available. We walked through and looked at the dinner buffet and were not pleased with the way the food looked (dried out and not too edible for our taste). We walked across the street to the Hollywood casino and ate there. Many of the guests in our party ate at the buffett at Sam's and they reaffirmed to us we made the correct choice at the Hollywood casino.
We ate at the breakfast buffet on two mornings and we felt the food was just OK. Much of the food we ate was luke warm at best. Ironically we were at the begining of the buffet line when it opened at 7am. The restaurant staff should be able to prepare a better meal that is hot! We were surprised that the sports bar did not offer any food options whatsoever. That is very unusual for a sports bar in a casino.
We tried to get a cab to take us to another casino one evening and was told by the valet that there are no cabs or shuttle services to nearby casinos. Both the Holywood and Resorts casino are a short walk of about 5-10 minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Old Hickory, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've stayed at most of the casino hotels in Tunica, and Sam's Town is right up there with the best, if not the best of the bunch. The check in was smooth and easy; the walk to the elevators was a bit long for me and my Dad (I'm 56 and he's 85), but really can't complain about that. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated, with a great rain shower head.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed one Wed. night with adult family, booked two rooms , one room comped with mailed- out promotion the other $40 . No problem on check-in, we were in our rooms in 5 min. Our rooms on 7th floor were clean and comfortable except one King bed seemed a little tired on edge, with a hump in the middle, but the other bed was fine. Ate at the buffet for dinner and breakfast and found it to be a little disappointing but that also was comped , so all's good, right ? Played the slots, some won... some lost... Overall we had a good experience, and if I get more comps I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators, it can be a long walk to the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Got a great room for $33.00 a night - discounted because we have a comp card for the casino.
The room was clean, the bed was amazing - best night sleep away from home in a very long time.
I read quite a few reviews before we left - so I was a bit concerned, my opinion......its just human nature...........people like to complain and moan.
We had a great experience, the food was good and resonably priced, played some slots and it was quiet and restful. Just what we wanted.
My advice..........if you want a 5 star hotel..........then find yourself one and pay the price.
Definitely would return.

Room Tip: Great deal for the price. Staff were extremely friendly
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ames, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We went to Sam's Town for three days while we were there the valet allow someone to use our car to go to another casino. the reason we know this they left the valet ticket with name on it . We didn't fine this out until we got home and unpacked the car. when I called them they kept sending me to another person and she put me on hold and never came back on line. I will never go there again and will not tell anyone to go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Have prombles upon checking in couldnt find reservation had to pay a higher rate than i was given when i made my reservation....And that was a pain ....Supervisor wasnt on duty to fix my reservation or comp my room for the inconvience ....Other than that everything else was great .....Housekeepers was a +

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Sam's Town Tunica? Share your experiences!