“It's A Casino And Not Much Else” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1477 Casino Strip Resorts Blvd., Tunica, MS 38664   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Tunica
Wisconsin
“It's A Casino And Not Much Else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We'd been to Sam's Town in Las Vegas to gamble and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, so we thought we'd see what their Tunica casino was like. The under $40 room rate for a King room was very attractive, but we found that the old adage of "you get what you pay for" continues to hold true.

Service at the front desk was rather impersonal, and our room was far to the rear of the hotel with a view over the roof and various pieces of mechanicals. The room was comfortable but drab, and the food at the buffet was reasonably good but uninspiring. The casino itself is quite nice but just didn't have the same feel we'd had in Vegas. I was very disappointed that wi-fi was only available in a cafe located near the casino. No in-room access - wired or wireless - was offered. Hard to believe in this day and age.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Giddings, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a great time at Sam's Town in Tunica. We had a very nice room with a comfortable bed. We were able to rent movies, which we always enjoy. The casino was like every other casino, there to take your money. We didn't lose too much, however, and that made it fun. The only complaint about our room was a bit of torn wallpaper in one corner. The dinner buffet was not very good, but the breakfast buffet was great. We took a quick trip over to Graceland, which is very easy to do from Sam's. I would stay here again in a minute!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The rooms are pleasantly decorated. Recently redecorated. There is an outside pool and hot tub where you can relax and take in the sun. Casino is on the premasis for those who enjoy a little gaming entertainment. Close to other casinos. Also close to a factory outlet mall, about 5 miles away.

Room Tip: I you enjoy gaming ask for room near casino. If you want to use the pool ask for a room near the p...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Trion, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

As for the casino I had a good time and won a hand-pay. So that made me thrilled but the rooms are getting pretty rough. The shower was slimy to the touch. The faucet, the shower head, the curtain...all slimy. I have been coming here for 10 years and they have always had this problem. Maybe they add something to the water that makes it like this. The bottom of the shower curtain was either dirty or moldy. I stayed in a non-smoking room with a king-size bed. The bed was grooved out on both sides due to an aged matress. I wanted to sleep in the middle so I could sleep on my side and watch TV until I fell asleep but I felt like I was trying to balance on top of a hill. There was a chair and foot stool in the room and both were stained.
As usual the buffet was passable but nothing to get excited about. Waaaay overpriced for the low quality of the offerings. It's fine if you're getting comped but if you have to pay then you're going to be disappointed.

Room Tip: My room was on the 9th floor. I liked the view but the room was extremely dated.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Potosi, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were scheduled to stay 3 nights and only stayed 2. We were getting bored with the stay. Unless you are a compulsive gambler I would not recommend this stay. IF I lived closer and wanted to go for one night yes I would think it to be ok. Really wish they had live music each night that way you have something else to do. I understand they're a casino and want your money but I promise I would have stayed at the bar playing the poker machines if they had live music there as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The staff here is the best in Tunica! Hotel rooms aren't very clean though. Will definitely not be walking barefoot in this room or laying my toothbrush on the sink!! I like to gamble here but won't be staying again.

• Stayed March 2013
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Sam's Town Tunica, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for the nice comment regarding our staff. We have a thorough room inspection process to ensure the cleanliness of our rooms and want to apologize for your experience. Our hotel staff will me immediately notified.
Jackson, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have stayed at Sam's Town Tunica many times and always find the room very neat and clean. The beds are always very comfortable. We stayed there on 3/15 and again were not disappointed. Sam's Town sure knows how to run a business. Each of the employees has a smile on their face and welcomes us. It makes you want to come back..........and we do!! Just wish I could say we win big there.........so far we haven't, but we do have fun!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sam's Town Tunica? Share your experiences!