“Good Hotel, Great Casino- We'll be back.” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1477 Casino Strip Resorts Blvd., Tunica, MS 38664   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Tunica
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Good Hotel, Great Casino- We'll be back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed at Sam’s Town for a weekend trip in a king room June 23rd and 26th. This is my third time staying at Sam’s Town and probably my least enjoyable stay, but overall we had a good time. Check in was quick and easy. I like the free covered parking, especially in the summer heat. Not having WiFi in the room was miserable and 3G ended right when we walked in the hotel so forget using your phone/laptop/hotspot. The room was clean and modern so we were happy for the most part. There are some cons, though:
-I had previously only stayed in the 2 room suites which were really nice. The regular rooms are pretty small. They are also lined up back to back so you’ll hear everything going on. Hairdryers, TV and kids in the next room. And no mini-fridge or bar area. I’ll pay for a suite next time for the extra space.
-The air conditioning in the room and casino wasn’t cooling down at all during the day. We had the room air set on 60 and it only cooled down at night after the sun had been down for quite a while. The casino was hot too and a couple of the dealers were complaining of the temp had the pit bosses bring them fans while we were playing. I guess this is common problem, because I saw at least 3 groups checking out had box fans with their bags. I’m not an unusually hot natured person, but I expected the hotel air to keep the room cooled at least to a comfortable temperature. The next summer trip we take I’ll have to pack a fan- at least to circulate the air around in the room so it doesn’t get as stuffy.
- The back entrance to the casino near the hotel elevators was boarded up?! I’m not sure what construction is being done in a doorway with 3 stairs but it sucked walking from our room all the way around passed the front desk and to the casino.

Besides that we had a great time and would recommend Sam’s Town. They’re casino is our favorite with friendly dealers and fun slots. It’s the perfect size too- not too big like Harrah’s but big enough to have fun and not wait for a table or your favorite slot.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011 via mobile

"What's their problem?" was the question that crossed my mind many many times when interacting with hotel staff. Short or rude, or both... They are either not paid at all, or they all chose a wrong industry to work in. The room was clean though, and food was tasty.

• Stayed June 2011
hernando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

try senior day on tuesday,or gals for pals on thur.big savings.all rests.are good and fri&sat seafood buffet is super and includes beer or wine.

Room Tip: ask for new wing
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We have been going to Sam's Town for the past ten years at least, going several times per year, taking family and friends at different times. We have received many perks from Sam's Town, making it very inexpensive to stay and eat there. Hopefully, they have not been damaged too much by the Mississippi flooding as I am looking forward to booking another trip shortly. The only dissapointment was that they discontinued the Pai-Gow gaming table.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here years ago and swore place off, but friends said things had changed so gave chance.I was on no smoking floor in blue wing and no amell at all. i was the very last room on hall, but still only 133 steps to elevator, plus elevator took you 15 steps from casino floor.

room was spotless, spacious, im a big person and it matters when i dont have to bend under shower. twains, in the high range, esp the early bird is good value. Lunch buffet great value, breakfast was average. Smokey Joes good service and decor, but very downscale food, stick to snack bar for comfort food.

Gambling had plenty of choices, even though sams town not as big as some other tunica casinos, but i like that, craps dealers were very nice in particular.

Overall, as long as your not expecting the Ritz, a definite recommend.

• Stayed April 2011
Ocean Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Room temp was controlled, so it was very muggy and uncomfortable but the very worst was the food!!!! We tried everything and it was all lousy and not to mention the folks in the restaurant............ very RUDE! I felt like I was in the freakn army, the way we were treated!!!!!!!!!!! Awful, just Awful. Oh, and the bed was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever tried to sleep on.

Why oh why did they have to take the sheraton out of tunica? Just a regular room there was magnificent!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Bloomingrose, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary. Check-in was fast & easy. The staff was more than willing to answer our questions. Our room was okay nothing fancy but nice & clean. My only complain was the noise level at night with people coming and going all hours, as I am a very light sleeper. We ate 5 meals at their buffet and thought that it was pretty good compared to others we had visited. I would recommend them to anyone and we are planning on going back in the fall.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sam's Town Tunica? Share your experiences!